Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, this is the level of Stockholm Syndrome we’re dealing with where Monroe’s fans are concerned - they have to thank her when she undertakes the most basic promise that they are literally paying her for. Wild.

Also re: kale, it is cheap but normally spring greens are even cheaper by gram and they’ve a better chance of SB liking them cos they’re a bit sweeter. Also she wouldn’t need to go through the faff of making it into a bleeping dust to hide it. But she’s a narc so SB must eat and love what she provides.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
It’s tomorrow isn’t it? Surely it’s master chef then, haven’t watched it in years but isn’t there a round doing it for food critics? And another round where they have to do a mass service for places like army barracks etc? Maybe it’s a technical challenge to turn fermented slop back to a solid?

Vlad’s shared another proposal for our fav cockney Victorian era urchin tho

View attachment 323162
That whole list of TV shows could all be thread titles. Especially Hell's kitchen.

Brief Encounter - SHE LEFT

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I mean, this is the level of Stockholm Syndrome we’re dealing with where Monroe’s fans are concerned - they have to thank her when she undertakes the most basic promise that they are literally paying her for. Wild.

Also re: kale, it is cheap but normally spring greens are even cheaper by gram and they’ve a better chance of SB liking them cos they’re a bit sweeter. Also she wouldn’t need to go through the faff of making it into a bleeping dust to hide it. But she’s a narc so SB must eat and love what she provides.
Question for our more learned canal members, is a narcissist aware that they are a narcissist?

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Has anyone seen the story in the news about the BBC fat cat spending all the money on hotels and stuff.it reminds of politicans and all their frivolous spending.

Whilst poor old pensioners like my neighbour have to pay to watch it.
It’s disgraceful that people are forced to contribute towards the corruption and luxury of these chancers, and indeed, to line the pockets of charlatans like Monroe.

Reactions: 22
Question for our more learned canal members, is a narcissist aware that they are a narcissist?
I am in no way qualified to answer but most of the narcs I’ve known have compulsively blamed problems and misfortunes brought on entirely by themselves on others. So I’m guessing not? I suppose it’s inherent to a condition where you’re centre of your own universe that you can’t see fault with yourself.

Like Jack talks a good game of “oh I’m such a chaos oh weren’t my sideboard selfies embarrassing I know I make mistakes” but none of it is sincere else she’d actually learn and grow, but she’s an eternal stroppy 15 year old.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I too would be interested in the narc question!

So some of the Patreons have received their postcards. Great. I hope when Jack sends her fifty shades of shite recipe cards she sends them retroactively. Because some people signed up what, 6/7 weeks ago? So they've paid for those already.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Great question, wonder this myself. Also, what goes on in their mind? Do they just wake up thinking insessantly about themselves, the sense of ‘I’ turned up to 1000, or perhaps they think of themselves in the third person? Why’s it so difficult for them to admit fault?

Reactions: 19
The closest I’ve found in answer to this is - if you ask a narc if they are a narc, they will say yes. I’m not sure I believe it but due to the no concept of shame, superiority and grandiose nature there’s nothing stopping them apparently. I think this was a study where the subjects filled out a questionnaire.
Would I bollox confront a narc and ask if they thought they were a narc.

Reactions: 20
Wow, a heavy question for so early in the day! 😂

In my experience, both personally and in a professional role, the individuals if they did know, never admitted such. The majority of people I have known have also been sociopathic though. I think narcissists do know that they are different in some way, but because they have such a grandiose view of self, they don't view this as a negative thing, more that they are 'special' and better than others, so far more talented/intelligent/beautiful etc than others.

Certainly what a narcissist is unlikely to do is ever try and change their behaviour, they don't want to and don't perceive anything as being wrong with themselves. It would be like admitting a fault, which they never do.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Great question, wonder this myself. Also, what goes on in their mind? Do they just wake up thinking insessantly about themselves, the sense of ‘I’ turned up to 1000, or perhaps they think of themselves in the third person? Why’s it so difficult for them to admit fault?
I find the topic endlessly fascinating. It's one of the reasons I just can't look away from Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
There is a man with NPD called Sam Vankin I think, he wrote a lot about how narcs/dark triad personalities operate and he had been diagnosed, spent time in jail and wanted to change. I think there might have been some debate about whether he set himself up as the NPD expert to get supply and he wasn’t actually helping himself change, of course a narc would want to be the world expert on narcs, everyone looking to them as the expert...

Edit: I’m TIRED

• Heart
Reactions: 31
no, they are all restaurant reviewers; I don’t THINK this on her CV but who knows?
It’s tomorrow isn’t it? Surely it’s master chef then, haven’t watched it in years but isn’t there a round doing it for food critics? And another round where they have to do a mass service for places like army barracks etc? Maybe it’s a technical challenge to turn fermented slop back to a solid?

Vlad’s shared another proposal for our fav cockney Victorian era urchin tho

View attachment 323162

Reactions: 12
Wow, a heavy question for so early in the day! 😂

In my experience, both personally and in a professional role, the individuals if they did know, never admitted such. The majority of people I have known have also been sociopathic though. I think narcissists do know that they are different in some way, but because they have such a grandiose view of self, they don't view this as a negative thing, more that they are 'special' and better than others, so far more talented/intelligent/beautiful etc than others.

Certainly what a narcissist is unlikely to do is ever try and change their behaviour, they don't want to and don't perceive anything as being wrong with themselves. It would be like admitting a fault, which they never do.
I'm really interested in all this too, and I've also long wondered - do they know when they are lying? Or do they legitimately believe they are telling the truth, even when they spout the most obvious of falsehoods?

ETA good morning everyone!

Reactions: 32
I'm really interested in all this too, and I've also long wondered - do they know when they are lying? Or do they legitimately believe they are telling the truth, even when they spout the most obvious of falsehoods?

ETA good morning everyone!
I think a lot of the time they genuinely believe their lies. They create this narrative in their heads and repeat it so much it becomes truth to them. And they're incapable of admitting wrongdoing/faults so it is only natural to assume that they think everything they say is gospel. They spin it so everyone else is always the bad guy or scapegoat.

Two of my best friends had relationships with terrible narcissists. It totally broke both of them and it took them a long time to get over the damage.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
That's a shame to hear about the spice. I really did think from all the excitement I saw on Twitter that it would have been fab. Just had a quick glance at the recipe and I see what you mean. Curry nights get taken very seriously in my house, so that isn't even a smidgen of the spice that would usually go into one of our creations 😂
I outed myself on a previous thread buttttt I like putting banana slices on top of my curry (the sweetness of the bananas go so well with a spicy curry) my family always have since I was a child.

Another tattler informed me that this is actually a Somali tradition.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I find the topic endlessly fascinating. It's one of the reasons I just can't look away from Monroe.
Same. Have been thinking for a while that she’s incredibly dull and not worthy of so much attention, her life is tit really, so bleeping boring. But it’s this fascination with her ego and her self-delusion and her shameless-not even attempting to make sense anymore- lies that are, dunno, just fun to watch in a mind-bending kind of way.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Same. Have been thinking for a while that she’s incredibly dull and not worthy of so much attention, her life is tit really, so bleeping boring. But it’s this fascination with her ego and her self-delusion and her shameless-not even attempting to make sense anymore- lies that are, dunno, just fun to watch in a mind-bending kind of way.
Yes, THIS! She is so boring and predictable but I just can't look away for all reasons above.

Social media is rife with these sorts. Pretty sure all influencers must be narcissists.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Yes, THIS! She is so boring and predictable but I just can't look away for all reasons above.

Social media is rife with these sorts. Pretty sure all influencers must be narcissists.
What I find grotesquely hilarious is when they start claiming they have Imposter syndrome. What so many of them have is the complete opposite of that!

• Haha
Reactions: 49
rarely. The very essence of the disorder is that they are the be all to end all so will be unable to recognise a fault in themselves.

If a person has narc traits rather than npd then it is likely that they would be able ti recognise it and act on it.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.