Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What would happen if Jack Monroe met Caroline Calloway? Would they create a sentient super-ego of narcissism that tore a hole in the space time continuum?

Reactions: 26
She gets Twitter diarrhea and over eggs the pudding when it comes to creating the long-running notion that she was very, very poor and is doing better now but still earning "a pittance" that she has to very carefully budget so that she doesn't end up in the dark days of selling her lightbulbs again. The Go Henry fakery is part of that over-egging, mixed with trying to act like Britain's top budget guru, so full of top tips.

Reactions: 26
Just read the Limegoss write-up about the “That Man” debacle. With all her tweets—even worse than I remember! I truly can’t even believe she is employable as a “media personality” anymore. She has die hard fans, that’s for sure. Sort of like my soon to be gone president. Not that the comparisons stop there. It’s a very similar style they have (lies, tantrums, boasting, victim complex), and both love Twitter.

Reactions: 53
You know despite all of her crimes (of both the moral and legal kind) we do owe Jack for providing us with 2020 lockdown entertainment but not to the extent of supporting her tip jar. She has been a distraction to say the least.

Reactions: 60
My mum made it for me when I visited many many years ago when it was first printed in Jack’s column in the paper. She used to panic about what to feed me as cooking vegan was all a mystery. I quite enjoyed it at the time In a ‘this is better than I expected’ way but that was compared to the other weird things I used to get fed at that time and the fact that my mum was so pleased with herself for trying something new.

Also yes I can quite see her as a judge on GBM, she does fit the sort of person they have, could the tall man be Oliver Peyton? Not quite sure how she’d stick to her staunchly moralistic 90% vegan though so she could have turned it down on ethical grounds like the gigs with Unilever or the column in the Express.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Has anyone seen the story in the news about the BBC fat cat spending all the money on hotels and stuff.it reminds of politicans and all their frivolous spending.

Whilst poor old pensioners like my neighbour have to pay to watch it.

Bloody hell. I'm starting to turn into bloody Jack now. My charging cable went mad, melted itself and has burnt a 50p size hole in the carpet. I've contacted the manufacturer about the fault and managed to just stop myself moaning about the damage to my RENTED house!

Reactions: 31
Having seen her food I would imagine her toilet roll is industrial, and delivered by the pallet

Reactions: 18
I bow in the presence of utter greatness and genius this made my morning

Reactions: 20
It’s tomorrow isn’t it? Surely it’s master chef then, haven’t watched it in years but isn’t there a round doing it for food critics? And another round where they have to do a mass service for places like army barracks etc? Maybe it’s a technical challenge to turn fermented slop back to a solid?

Vlad’s shared another proposal for our fav cockney Victorian era urchin tho

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.