Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am alittle maverick but I have a system to help me budget. Shall I share it children.

It's called going to the cash machine and lifting ££ of my budget from it at the supermarket ( as many of them now have this service) and taking it safely deposited in my purse into the shop getting a handheld scanner and shopping to that budget. Paying over the cash at till and leaving the shop.

Sorry, it's probably so out there I may need to spoiler this post.
I've got super top secret tip.

When I go to a supermarket I take some bags, just in case I decide to buy some stuff. And, this is the good bit, I put the stuff I have bought in the bags. Hashtag game changer.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
She doesn't half make BB sound pathetic. I would be severely pissed off if one of my friends was slating me like this all the time; if it was my partner, they would soon be screaming "SHE LEFT!". How the hell this "friend" she describes holds down any kind of job, let alone the high functioning one we know she does, is beyond me if you were to go purely on the twitter descriptions.

Also why was anyone knobbing about with the hose at this time of year? We know she doesn't make any attempt to keep the garden tidy.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
So, long story. There is an article in the Guardian today about one of the new EHRC commissioners who has slammed the #metoo movement and certain aspects of feminism.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a imminent pile-on relating to this and the story highlighted above may be a slight (in my opinion) embellishment in order to provide context.

• Wow
Reactions: 22

I have just been thinking I had a chat with my mum about the way she and my dad worked so awful factory jobs in favour of what they wanted to be doing whilst we grew up and her response was interesting she said,

"Money and childcare" they worked horrid jobs so they could keep us, pay their bills on time and look after us. They didn't get benefits or much help as everyone else in the family worked so they had to work around eachother. I know it harder for single parents but I know many who still work crappy jobs to pay their way and they all say the same for security.

People who need financial security don't usually go for the jobs with the unsteady pay. They find something they will ensure they pay their bills every month and feed their kid. Even benefits get paid monthly and the recipients have to dish it out accordingly. I am not saying it's easy but at least they have a fighting chance. Free lancers are usually people with money to fall back on if they have a quiet month whether it's another salaried job or equity in houses. Etc
This is true. Like I've said before, she shouldn't be freelance if she can't handle it. You need those reserves of money for the quiet times for sure. Then again, I don't have a child so will gladly admit it is easier for me to be a bit more frugal during down time.

BUT I also don't own a Smeg fridge, any fancy art, a sentient mirror, or view the Cotswolds Company catalogue as a Panini sticker book I need to complete.

I'm not claiming to be methodical or forensic about it 😏 but there are definitely ways to make the self employed life workable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Was just going to say Monzo. I use it. Then again I am a woman in my 30s not a woman in my 30s pretending to have a learning difficulty.

ETA: I'm also a freelancer. Have been freelancing for the last 5 years. Never waited more than 2 months for an invoice so that is some A grade bullshit. The only people I know who have waited that long are those that work with dodgy companies, or very new ones with cash flow issues.
Off topic, but one thing that frustrates me, is there is no consensus on the use of learning disability/ difficulty. Eg, some bodies use disability to mean intellectual impairment, others to refer to, eg, dyslexia. Others use it interchangeably.

So what ever you say, someone will be shouting at you for getting it wrong.

Reactions: 17
I don't know BB, if she's a good person or not, but if she still reads here i just want her to know its completely reasonable to be upset about the way jack talks about her online and she's not being 'too sensitive' if she finds it embarrassing.

It's never too late to set boundaries in a relationship, and if those boundaries aren't respected by your partner you should seriously consider if it's worth staying with that person.

Sometimes teasing can become bullying, like if its shared with a quarter of a million people.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
A squiggle shares:

View attachment 320906View attachment 320907

The masturbatory intro. The use of Pringles to add vegan deliciousness. The image of someone eating hot cauliflower on public transport. Where to start?
Wait... the recipe for the sauce is on another page... so all she’s doing here is saying “cook some cauliflower and pasta.” Does that really count as a recipe?

Oh wait never mind, she put some crisps on top! Fit for a 2 page spread in a recipe book now.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
OH HOLY tit.

I've caught her out on the funniest and most pointless lie.

The bullshit about paying for shopping with GoHenry? Which is a card produced in partnership with Visa (according to their website)?

On her Asda receipt yesterday it says she paid by Debit Mastercard. She's tried to blur it out but left the tops of the letters.

What. The. duck.
The receipt from the 11th October also says paid with MasterCard. Although that was THEN and this is NOW etc etc blah blah blah probably

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Listen up, here's a useful life lesson for you little Hausfrauen.

When a fox has eaten up your garden hose and you need a new one, make sure you get the person who is to blame (or the fox) to pay for it. It's important that everyone knows it wasn't you. You are fully housetrained after all. With the fox funds, scamper off to the hardware shop and ask the friendly old chap behind the counter to give you some advice on garden hoses. There are so many. Some are long, some a short. Most are round and allow water to pass through it, but there are other options, like square ones with lots of tiny holes or ones made out of gold. It'll probably get quite bewildering for your teeny weeny lady brains and neither a lady doctor nor red red lipstick will help in this situation. So now, listen up ladies, now is the time to call your dad. Because dads know about hoes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
Ah yes. A garden hose is SO essential during Lockdown 2.
Also, can someone like Robyn’s reply to her? I purposely locked myself out of Twitter so I wouldn’t tear Jack to cheese spreads.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
OH HOLY tit.

I've caught her out on the funniest and most pointless lie.

The bullshit about paying for shopping with GoHenry? Which is a card produced in partnership with Visa (according to their website)?

On her Asda receipt yesterday it says she paid by Debit Mastercard. She's tried to blur it out but left the tops of the letters.

What. The. duck.
Her bb was with her and insisted on paying, so It's the bb's, but Jack paid her back with change she found down the back of the sofas

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.