Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah yes. A garden hose is SO essential during Lockdown 2.
Also, can someone like Robyn’s reply to her? I purposely locked myself out of Twitter so I wouldn’t tear Jack to cheese spreads.
I would like it but I know I'll be blocked and miss out on all the fun plus danger of 🔺 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
ETA: I'm also a freelancer. Have been freelancing for the last 5 years. Never waited more than 2 months for an invoice so that is some A grade bullshit. The only people I know who have waited that long are those that work with dodgy companies, or very new ones with cash flow issues.
I am also a freelancer since 2015 - I have also never waited more than 90 days for an invoice to be paid. I had one client who was on 60 day invoicing terms so when I billed at the end of the month, it totalled 90 days cycle time, but that's v unusual. My current client pays 3 weeks in arrears (which is swift) - usually it's 30 days post-invoice as standard.

I think in publishing royalties are paid every 6 months so I can understand them coming in in chunks, but for discreet pieces of work such as DKL, Hellmans, I'd assume it was invoice on completion and then whatever the organisation's standard supplier terms are for small businesses.

I also call bullshit.

Also Jack has been working for some time now, so she should be taking a dividend infrequently out of her accrued profits - usual advice is to try to have at least 6 months worth of pay in hand for situations like this where you don't know exactly when your business bank account will receive the money. All of which tells me, she's overspent again.

Anyway, we shall see when we get a look at the next accounts on or around March 2021 for year 2 of 'On a Bootstrap Ltd'.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
The receipt from the 11th October also says paid with MasterCard. Although that was THEN and this is NOW etc etc blah blah blah probably
It's really tit of her to blatantly lie to a squiggle who is looking for advice on budgeting :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Laughing up a lung at this typo.

In fairness my dad did know a lot about hoes which was one of the many reasons I was brought up by a single mum 😂
Not a typo. Comedy. Though always a bit sad when it has to be pointed out.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
"Got talked into the most complicated hose in the hardware store." (translation: I made Louisa buy me the most expensive one there).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
She's appalling with money and this is why she is "poor", nothing to do with losing her job or being a single mum.
In an early interview Jack said that she is super super careful with money and puts as much as she can away in savings, because she didn't want ever to be "poor". Since then she's had books published, etc. My feeling is that she is careful with money, knows exactly what she spends, to the penny, and has quite a bit of savings too. Plus, Jonny's father contributes a lot, too, to his son's welfare.

She's got money.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
It may be that L was washing her bike down, hence the need for it being out at this time of the year? I'm more curious as to why a fox ate it? 🦊🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think I'm suffering from Jackout. Why is she such a relentless bellend?

What is the bloody point of lying about using a bleeping GoHenry for everything? There are probably adult baby fetish people who spend less time trying to present as a child than she does. It's all so inconsistent one minute she's all "Cock off plebs I'm addressing a conference" and the next it's "wah I've got a bee in my hair and a stone in my shoe". Is the root of her Walliams hatred really rage at the "want bitty" character getting all up in her niche? She's such a snidely little clype "miss, miss Louisa left the hose out and a fox ate it and then I had to ask my daddy how to buy a hose because I am ickle". Honestly she wants the back of her legs slapping.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Laughing up a lung at this typo.

In fairness my dad did know a lot about hoes which was one of the many reasons I was brought up by a single mum 😂
I was going to dispute this, my dad knows nothing about hoes😂 he was once propositioned in a hotel lift by a very beautifully dressed lady. She was an ~actual~ sex worker (probably not like Jack) and asked if he’d like some company in his room. He was very flustered and said “oh,er, no my wife is waiting for me upstairs.” Then felt incredibly rude with the silence that lapsed after, so added “but thank you ever so much for asking” 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
It is quite straightforward really.

On a wider point - this forum is LiTerAllY in her head & dictating her day to day life now. The sheer nonsense of posting Patreon proof. Simply ridiculous.
Especially when she was meant to be sending these out weekly, not once in two months!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.