Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It might just be me but I think the slow cooker stuff smells weird.
I couldn't even describe the smell but there is an aroma and I don't like it.

ETA.. THAT is NOT Baba Ghanoush.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Another scalding hot take from Jack Monroe. Not one left wing person had even considered appropriate funding for our National Health Service until this very moment. Not one.
She's so FORENSIC when she takes down Tory policy ideas. The Labour Party want to get her on board as a strategist.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I’ve put squirty cream on scones before but it’s worth the effort to whip cream if you don’t have any clotted cream in. It’s foam and the minute you bite into the scone the creams evaporates into nothing - sort of like eating air 🤣🤣🤣
I’m not sure how else to explain it
I find m&s (fancy) squirty cream quite stable, and not much more expensive than other brands.

Reactions: 15
Popped away for an hour and returned to 10 pages I had to grunka!
Excellent skills on display from all of you Fraus, both in terms of receipts and Alan’s gif work! This furlough question is very concerning if there has been inappropriate use of funds.
Have to say my oven broke a few years ago so for about two weeks I only had a microwave and the slow cooker. You can make a really good giant scone in the slow cooker, I also use mine for porridge.

As for that bread recipe she posted, I remember I tried it and it was a waste of flour.

Edit: bad typing

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Whoever got that part would be a shoo in for an Oscar. Loads of potential for powerful howl 'n' claws as menacing bailiffs and crazed trolls surround the crappy bungalow. Then there's the devastating SHE LEFT. The adorable hose eating fox, some sideboard sexiness for the dads and the drama of Jack in a skip. Not to mention all the product placement opportunities.

Jack's story getting the Hollywood treatment would be just incredible. I'm seeing scenes of Dickensian London and Jack leading a crowd of urchins to parliament for a mass wail so powerful the Evil Tory PM falls to his knees crying "oh God what have we done" before promising to listen to Jack's Healthy Start vouchers idea. At the this Jack is carried aloft through the streets of London by a jubilant group of chimney sweeps and street urchins.
This is beautiful, but I think I know the one thing that would tip it over into perfection.

It needs to be a musical.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Ah, I see!
so sorry - I also just realised in your other post you said you were in Canada! And there’s me launching in with ‘I thought y’all eat scones with gravy’ 🤪 Sorry about that!
Haha — I was confused! But it’s hard to escape American culture in Canada, so 🤷‍♂️. I was going off my few experiences with southern fried chicken chains that have made it up here.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It might just be me but I think the slow cooker stuff smells weird.
I couldn't even describe the smell but there is an aroma and I don't like it.
Babe, same. I prefer my pressure cooker - massively shortens cooking time and things tend to keep their shape than disintegrate into the same sloppy texture a la slow cooking (I suspect fire safety expert Jack would put a pressure cooker on and forget about it whilst arsing around on Twitter and falling into a dinosaur nap)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.