Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 322140View attachment 322141
Someone with arthritis who acknowledges her joints are worse at this time of year hand writes all of this? I am fortunate enough to have no joint problems and if I hand write more than a shopping list my wrist hurts.
I have cubital tunnel syndrome caused by RSI at work and I have to handwrite my doings every day in a book. It really hurts to write a few lines. I certainly wouldn't be writing stuff out like it was my year 9 Home Economics project, complete with ridiculous lettering drawn into neat rectangles for the title. Including "Jack Monroe Books" on there really says all you need to know about her ego, doesn't it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Looks like Louisa has gone to work then. As much as I absolutely hate the terrible smug twosome, she is, in my opinion, tempering Jack somewhat. I think there is a definite distinction between Jack Home Alone (wee smol scamp that she is), and Jack with company that has definitely said “Off the phone or I am off”.

Reactions: 40
We all know that this is likely BS, but imagine the coven cinema date! It would be bloody hilarious! If they made it now, we might even be included in the storyline as the anonymous nasty mavens/stalkers/bullies/ninnies 😂
Could we have a special cabal screening? All mavens in court outfits, gathered in Leicester Square, red carpet 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I believe I wrote a whole post on this back on thread, I don't know, 10 or something. This is why no sane author deals with book orders directly. Yes, you get a bigger cut, but it's just not worth it when it comes to customs, accounting, etc. As a freelancer, you have to value your time. You have to be really clear as to what your role is and what you won't take on. As a writer, you don't have to be a shop owner. Especially not if organisational skills and logistics aren't your strengths.

Jackie, if only you listened to your old friend Harry. I have so much good advice for you.

1. stop begging
2. do what actually pays you money (write)
3. don't do stuff that doesn't make you money
4. put away the crayons

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Did she say which? I liked the Kindanara (🤢) but it made half of what it said it would. And of course a few of the others will work as they’re directly lifted from recipes that have been around for many years.
Salt something dunno I’m not arsed on vegan food and soon as I heard Jack Monroe my inner monologue started a big rant so I didn’t hear

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Editing to add - anyone that makes whatever the hell Golden Milk is, or Sleepy Hot Chocolate in a slow cooker deserves to be fleeced of their wealth to within an inch of their life.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
View attachment 322140View attachment 322141
Someone with arthritis who acknowledges her joints are worse at this time of year hand writes all of this? I am fortunate enough to have no joint problems and if I hand write more than a shopping list my wrist hurts.
I see she has her rinsed spaghetti hoops recipe in that 'suitable for slow cooking' list. Lord knows what would greet you after slow cooking spaghetti hoops that you've just washed under the tap 😬.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
I've just been on a twitter grunka and came across this from 2017. Oh, imagine the movie!!! Imagine how much more fantasy could be packed into the sequel if it included the past 3 years' shenanigans.

Who would play the lead? Jack, of course, because she is probably a RADA trained Shakespearean actor too - night classes during her firefighter period.
View attachment 322099
Fantasy Island? #saltylenny

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.