Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
obviously don’t play minecraft but have been led to believe it’s a gateway for kids getting into coding as they make mods in game? What’s not to love about that?! 🥴
ETA that’s sincere it sounds sarcastic and I can’t figure out why
I think it's the emoji 😂

but seriously my 10 year old plays a fair few weird games but minecraft is very creative! Poor SB, not allowed to enjoy minecraft and not allowed to enjoy DW books

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
My god that is a depressing recipe.

She actually hates food, doesn't she?

No oil, no seasoning. She describes the sausages as "homogenous mush". How appetising.

The boy wanted sausages for tea, but cooked them in a Bolognese? So he didn't actually want sausages then? And your story is exposed as a lie, as per usual? If he wanted to turn them into mush why didn't you advise him to buy some mince?

Saving on washing up by cooking the pasta in the sauce? It's one extra pan which doesn't need scrubbed as it only cooks pasta in water. Not exactly an earth shattering amount of labour saved.

Reactions: 41
It’s funny that she doesn’t like Minecraft because there are loads of studies out there about Minecraft and the benefits it has for children with autism. It has helped my nephew a lot and now he wants to be a video game designer when he grows up. I’m sure she already knows all that already.
Edit: overuse of the word loads
Mine craft is a brilliant game lots of skill involved the online version of Lego I’m always so impressed by what my boys used to build with their imaginations !

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Yes, I believe Jack will be calling the Bingo numbers later on.
"Bailiff at the door...number 4"
"Lady doctor's orders...number 9"
"Ouchy legs eleven"
"Two little sideboards, 22"
"Ask for more, 34" (didn't even need to change that one)
"Two fat cloves of garlic, 88"

Etc...

(On a permanent grunk, sorry if someone's already beaten me to this!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
I don't understand the hatred for Mud pies either. My SB who's the same age preferred mud pancakes which led to an interesting look when he tried to flip one in the reception mud kitchen. Cue me collecting him at home time wearing his PE kit with filthy hair, whilst his teacher kept apologising whilst the other teacher, who taught my eldest shouted across I told you she'd think it was funny . Many an hour of my childhood was spent making perfume from roses and puddles

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
That is like trying to read a Wordsearch puzzle thing..
It really is! And for someone who’s meant to be raising awareness of the reality of disabilities, how does she not realise how inaccessible these walls of text are, to so many kinds of people!?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I know this isn't important but...why does she disapprove of minecraft?!
Everything she says and does is always dripping with narcissism. The way she speaks about her son is something that really bothers me. It’s not overt, but covert, narcissism. You can piece it all together if you observe someone long enough. It’s little things like his DW books, the ever changing stance on his sausages, feeding him slop, moaning about him and embarrassing him. Then “disagreeing” with minecraft. She can’t genuinely find fault with minecraft if she lets him have his own telly and an x-box/ipad/play with actual lego. It’s always all about negativity towards someone else’s interests and hobbies. Degrading them via their choices and what they enjoy. That’s how narcs wear people down. Their victims see a sliver of light, I.e. normal functional behaviour elsewhere, and start pulling away.

• Sad
Reactions: 55
"Bailiff at the door...number 4"
"Lady doctor's orders...number 9"
"Ouchy legs eleven"
"Two little sideboards, 22"
"Ask for more, 34" (didn't even need to change that one)
"Two fat cloves of garlic, 88"

Etc...

(On a permanent grunk, sorry if someone's already beaten me to this!)
you forgot 7 and 6 was she worth it. Which I thought for years was the going rate for something rude but is in fact the price of a wedding licence in old money

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Such a little puppy brain.
Just watched this for the first time, HOLY duck she was bad, just awful. It's not often that a cooking segment elicits roars of laughter. And she comes across as generally wasted in that period, in my humble opinion. When she has her back turned to the camera to prepare the pasta, completely forgets the world of responsibility going on behind her, a fair question seems to be 'what the duck is she on'?
My favourite bit was when Ruth said 'well done! as Jack poured green slime on raw pasta.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.