Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Frauen und Herren, I have a terrible confession to make. twit gave me the idea to rinse tinned meat just now.
My cats are very happy with Lidl's cat food, a tin between them plus dry food. I alternate between the fish six-pack and the meat six-pack. However, they hate the mint jelly part of the lamb and mint tin so I put it in a sieve and rinsed as much of the jelly off as I could; got about half off and I'll see whether more of it has been eaten later.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Frauen und Herren, I have a terrible confession to make. twit gave me the idea to rinse tinned meat just now.
My cats are very happy with Lidl's cat food, a tin between them plus dry food. I alternate between the fish six-pack and the meat six-pack. However, they hate the mint jelly part of the lamb and mint tin so I put it in a sieve and rinsed as much of the jelly off; got about half off and I'll see whether more of it has been eaten later.
If this ends up being the inspiration for Jacks new book "Pets on a Bootstrap" I will assist you in any way I can to sue the Mediterranean arse off her.

As a side note who the duck thought it would be a good idea to put mint in cat food? I love cats but they're drawn to utterly horrible smells not lovely fresh mint.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Jack can't do bingo, any game where the objective is getting a house will trigger her.
Shut up! Jack can do bingo bigger than bingo has ever been done, she has the bingoist bingo that anyone has ever seen. She's just busy colouring in her things to do chart right now.
Don't touch them best colouring in pens, K?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
As a side note who the duck thought it would be a good idea to put mint in cat food? I love cats but they're drawn to utterly horrible smells not lovely fresh mint.
Maybe they got confused between cat mint and catnip.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
@MancBee did you get a response from Trussell Trust.?
Not yet, I did get one of those holding ones. We thank you for your email and will pass it onto the relevant person, you will receive a reply etc etc.
I will chase it up if I haven't heard back in another week or so.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
It's not a new magazine, btw. This is the start of a 4 page apology on Twitter from the editor on October 29th last year.

1605990213862.png

ETA: Apologies - I know this is a callback to a lot earlier in the thread, but I've been BUSY!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Without wanting to seem negative, this Breakdown magazine doesn't seem sustainable. The founder, Hattie, seems to be funding it from donations or Patreon, or even paying writers via PayPal donations. There's so much on mental health these days from so many places, it just seems very shaky to me.

Reactions: 50
Without wanting to seem negative, this Breakdown magazine doesn't seem sustainable. The founder, Hattie, seems to be funding it from donations or Patreon, or even paying writers via PayPal donations. There's so much on mental health these days from so many places, it just seems very shaky to me.
Who is Hattie? Did she have a blue tick because I've no idea who she is?

Reactions: 22
I want to preface this by saying I've had mental health problems so this doesn't sound glib, but I don't want to read a magazine named Breakdown just like I don't want to fly with an airline called Crash

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 133
From the nasty troll email post, these squiggles have this to say. Why yes I am absolutely miserable and full of hate🙄 don't know about the rest of you lot😂

F704DD53-5DC3-456A-91AC-86B39F66139B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Guys you don't even know how hilarious this lot are. There are far far worse ways to spend your time than laughing at a ridiculous narc grifter with your internet pals 🙂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Also, if it’s a mag about mental health issues, isn’t the title a bit ... off?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.