Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Bailiff at the door...number 4"
"Lady doctor's orders...number 9"
"Ouchy legs eleven"
"Two little sideboards, 22"
"Ask for more, 34" (didn't even need to change that one)
"Two fat cloves of garlic, 88"

Etc...

(On a permanent grunk, sorry if someone's already beaten me to this!)

4nc77f.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 52
The best thing any parent can do it let their kid take part of their interests. As long as they are safe and monitored I don't see why any parent should have any issue with any of their child's interests.

By stopping them from doing things they love can lead to them rebelling in their teen years.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Everything she says and does is always dripping with narcissism. The way she speaks about her son is something that really bothers me. It’s not overt, but covert, narcissism. You can piece it all together if you observe someone long enough. It’s little things like his DW books, the ever changing stance on his sausages, feeding him slop, moaning about him and embarrassing him. Then “disagreeing” with minecraft. She can’t genuinely find fault with minecraft if she lets him have his own telly and an x-box/ipad/play with actual lego. It’s always all about negativity towards someone else’s interests and hobbies. Degrading them via their choices and what they enjoy. That’s how narcs wear people down. Their victims see a sliver of light, I.e. normal functional behaviour elsewhere, and start pulling away.
She screams Narcissist but I also get the feeling she has a problem with absolutely ANYTHING he may enjoy with his Dad.
I think the DW flip was after he'd come back from his Dad's with a book.

ETA.. Because if she'd bought them and read them with him why was she going to have to sit down and read through them all looking for 'wrong-think?'

Reactions: 39
And I'm very happy to see her photos of the floof! Cooper is a gorgeous boy.
Agreed. If she ever decided she didn't want Cooper any more, I'd take him on in a heartbeat. He's lovely and she's very lucky.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think it's the emoji 😂

but seriously my 10 year old plays a fair few weird games but minecraft is very creative! Poor SB, not allowed to enjoy minecraft and not allowed to enjoy DW books
Yep! And tbh it feels a bit like imposing adult standards of acceptability on a child, and like you said not letting them be creative or fun? Like I truly despair at how visually ghastly kids stuff is, but you’ve got to let them find their joy (which is why I will never understand the muted scandi Insta mama baby rooms). Childhood is so short to needlessly make it miserable for them because of your weird preconceptions of what is / isn’t good and valid?!

Obviously not saying let kids do what they want, this is in the remits of kids stuffTM not being like yeah let them on the home brew kombucha the heart wants what it wants 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 41
obviously don’t play minecraft but have been led to believe it’s a gateway for kids getting into coding as they make mods in game? What’s not to love about that?! 🥴
ETA that’s sincere it sounds sarcastic and I can’t figure out why
I know lots of kids who have found it genuinely relaxing as well. It's not high octane and it doesn't stress people out.

Reactions: 33
If she doesn’t approve of mine craft she’s going to have an interesting few years.
My daughter has made some awesome, and frankly bonkers things in minecraft.
She’s going to find in the next year or so things are going to start changing hugely with SB. He’s not going to crave her company in the same way and she will have to find new ways to communicate and find common ground with him. And posting about him online is going to be a big no-no (although it should be already).

• Sad
Reactions: 50
Just a note to say that I have always seen Rh A as an abbreviation on my hospital notes . 😊

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.