Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mum would be howling at the moon at the state of those curtains. Pull them cleanly love they look like rags. That's what she would say.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Isn't typing like this and the spongebob meme that inspired it considered an ableist (sp?) slur?

MDD, GAD, HA (health anxiety), OCD, PBDP (possible borderline personality disorder), P (psoriasis)
I never considered that, have done it myself in a ‘x is trying to act superior but coming across ignorant or stupid’ way but won’t use it again now you’ve pointed it out

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Here is screenshot!
Ok this may be unnecessarily bitchy of me and please call me out if it is - but if I had arranged for someone to speak at a conference/meeting I'd be pretty pissed off at the lack of effort on her appearance? I'm not suggesting full face of makeup etc, we are in lockdown after all, but at least hair brushed, and not a scruffy looking jumper? Just screams no effort to me really.

ETA posted this before i had finished reading - glad others feel the same!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Ok this may be unnecessarily bitchy of me and please call me out if it is - but if I had arranged for someone to speak at a conference/meeting I'd be pretty pissed off at the lack of effort on her appearance? I'm not suggesting full face of makeup etc, we are in lockdown after all, but at least hair brushed, and not a scruffy looking jumper? Just screams no effort to me really.

ETA posted this before i had finished reading - glad others feel the same!
She literally was tweeting from bed before it started. She doesn’t give a shiny tit.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
She's being relatable, because being poor in her not-a-Tory-but-a-Tory mind is turning out scruffy, unkempt and grey. It's a performance for her :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I'm still not over her claim she's got "rejection sensitive dysphoria". In other words she can't bear to hear any form of criticism. Top tip Jack - stop reading here.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
I'm still not over her claim she's got "rejection sensitive dysphoria". In other words she can't bear to hear any form of criticism. Top tip Jack - stop reading here.
Surprised she didn't add it to her twitter handle: Jack Monroe ADHD RA ASD RSD. Perhaps it looked too much like one of her bumdials.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The whole "behaving myself on Twitter thing" irritates the feck out of me. She says it so often. Tee hee hee look what I've done, look at the chaos I've caused, better start behaving myself as I've got a work thing coming out soon and need to get my victim game on somehow. She's a tit mixing Twitter mouthpiece, that's her main job and always will be. She loves any and all drama, and will use anyone and anything to stay relevant. The people who jump to her defence are the very people she would throw under the bus in a milisecond if the clout was up for the taking

• Heart
Reactions: 76
The whole "behaving myself on Twitter thing" irritates the feck out of me. She says it so often. Tee hee hee look what I've done, look at the chaos I've caused, better start behaving myself as I've got a work thing coming out soon and need to get my victim game on somehow. She's a tit mixing Twitter mouthpiece, that's her main job and always will be. She loves any and all drama, and will use anyone and anything to stay relevant. The people who jump to her defence are the very people she would throw under the bus in a milisecond if the clout was up for the taking
I reckon she must have HAD WORDS with Ruby Tandoh after the whole Matt Tebbutt is a prick outburst and Jack chose Matt (who couldn't care less about her) over Ruby (who has gone back years with her), and that's when they unfollowed each other. Silly Jack, just blinded by the bright lights of a TV fame which never came.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I know being a limited company as opposed to self employed will save her a load of tax (thanks for that Jack, but fair play if it’s above board), but does anyone know why she would “gift back” her payment as opposed to just do it for free anyway? We know she is as slippery as an eel with her wording - and possibly I read too much into everything now - but I was wondering if it became deductible if it is rinsed through her company instead of not received at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Sorry I’m Grunking so by the time I’ve posted is you may of moved on but the whole letters thing has really annoyed me. One of my best friends has Cerebral Palsy. We met in secondary school because we were both put in pupil referral ( my reason was because I pissed about in lessons, her reason was because her helper in school went on long term sickness and there was no one to cover) and she hated being labelled the disabled girl or the girl what can’t walk right and she still fights against it as she should. A person has a disability it’s not who they are and should not be seen as a bunch of bloody letters because that absolute whopper has decided to fight a cause on yet another whim of hers that doesn’t need fighting. Have an opinion yes but don’t appoint yourself as a spokesperson for others.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Also I think it's quite unprofessional of her agent to forward that email. If it isn't a concern her agent should have just chuckled and deleted it.

Why rock the boat, why worry someone that someone as complained about them if the complaint is a load of twaddle.

I would actually be really annoyed with my agent if she was telling me tales. It doesn't help especially if I was feeling a bit wobbly like she claimed yesterday.
Having re-read the tweet it doesn’t say agent. It says forwarded to one of her employers

• Wow
Reactions: 29
It also shows how unprofessional she is and why perhaps people are writing to her agents with concern and producers say she is hardwork. When you are a freelancer your not only showing off your brand but taking someone else's brand under your name. This is something this person has worked and researched very hard for and to watch some walk in and stomp all over it with their big old clown feet and then giggle to into the echo chamber of sm, look how maverick and chaos I am. It's must feel like a kick to the gut. She might not care but the people she represent do.

Does anyone else think alot of her work is given because people feel sorry for her as I am sure everyone wants her get on but because she struggles they give her small insignifcant roles they don't have to advertise.
Having re-read the tweet it doesn’t say agent.
Apologies. My bad. Ps I didn't write it either as I don't know anyone close to her to contact.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I was just typing something similar but less coherent, totally agree with you.

Also what about people who have less accepted mental health issues and disabilities, things like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, BPD, psychosis, addiction, anti-social personality disorder? What about people in countries where diagnosis is impossible or mental health is not yet discussed at all. What about people who might be afraid of losing custody of their children? Funny how all of Jack's chosen letters are the ones that society is more sympathetic towards these days, with less stigma.

Her world view is so narrow and childish.
ummm, why would she worry about those people? It’s all about Jack and how hard life is for HER. SHE doesn’t want to “mask” any more and so SHE will benefit from putting letters after her name to try and excuse her unprofessional, rude behaviour. If that doesn’t help any body else in the world well that’s too bad, because Jack needs all the attention all the time

Reactions: 35
Oh please let the This Morning thing be true. I could do with a good laugh.
Nothing will ever beat her silent back to the camera and then producing uncooked pasta as poor Ruth valiantly struggled to coax an actual recipe from her.
It was bleeping brilliant.
Car crash telly😁, iirc wasn’t that when she tried to make the shed with the camping stove work?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.