Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FB_IMG_1605929362605.jpg

As some light relief, a friend posted this on Facebook a couple of days ago. It took a second or two before I realised that it was a joke and not one of the Slopslinger's recipes, though it does have too much texture for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I want to preface this by saying I've had mental health problems so this doesn't sound glib, but I don't want to read a magazine named Breakdown just like I don't want to fly with an airline called Crash
Glad someone's said it. I was thinking along the same lines. It's mildly insulting tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I just looked up the Patreon for the Breakdown and there’s only 23 subscribers. I guess they’re also looking for funding from organisations too but TBH it doesn’t look like the most promising business model.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
From the nasty troll email post, these squiggles have this to say. Why yes I am absolutely miserable and full of hate🙄 don't know about the rest of you lot😂

View attachment 319379
I really feel I must defend myself here. Many years ago I formed the view that circuses were cruel to animals but I also acknowledged that there was a great deal of human skill and talent involved in them. Consequently I made a vow to boycott any circus that used performing animals whilst throwing my full support behind any circus that relied on solely human talent. With that in mind how could I turn my back on a culinary clown car like Our Jack? It is my moral duty to support her act before they replace her with a traumatised sea lion. The juxtaposition of her serious expression and her ridiculous behaviour borders on genius at times. There is nothing at all hate filled about entering into the spirit of the performance. Honestly the weirdos on Twitter would fry your brain at times.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I just looked up the Patreon for the Breakdown and there’s only 23 subscribers. I guess they’re also looking for funding from organisations too but TBH it doesn’t look like the most promising business model.
I was wondering if this is partly why they picked Jack, hoping to scoop up some of her Patreon followers

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I was wondering if this is partly why they picked Jack, hoping to scoop up some of her Patreon followers
That’s a possibility I guess, though Jack’s Patreons are probably feeling a bit fed up by now (they will almost certainly not have been getting what they were promised), so I don’t know how amenable they’d be to forking out yet more cash for what sounds like a project doomed to failure.

Reactions: 28
Also, if it’s a mag about mental health issues, isn’t the title a bit ... off?
So is Hattie who is running it IMO. Only my opinion having previously followed her on Twitter for a number of years your honour. Let's just say she and Jackie are very alike in the manner in which they grift and make everything about themselves.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
number 83 - Anchoïade
Number 10 - don’t touch my pen

Bit late to the game

• Haha
Reactions: 56
It's not a new magazine, btw. This is the start of a 4 page apology on Twitter from the editor on October 29th last year.

View attachment 319361

ETA: Apologies - I know this is a callback to a lot earlier in the thread, but I've been BUSY!
I've raised money for calm, I think they're amazing but for them to fund this doesn't sit well with me. Sorry

• Heart
Reactions: 36
That’s a possibility I guess, though Jack’s Patreons are probably feeling a bit fed up by now (they will almost certainly not have been getting what they were promised), so I don’t know how amenable they’d be to forking out yet more cash for what sounds like a project doomed to failure.
Oh it's suddenly occurred to me what she might have meant by when she said she's taking a fee but then giving it back to fund another writer. She could mean she'll 'donate' it back via a crowdfunder or Patreon or something. Kind of like a ponzi scheme for periodicals.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
So is Hattie who is running it IMO. Only my opinion having previously followed her on Twitter for a number of years your honour. Let's just say she and Jackie are very alike in the manner in which they grift and make everything about themselves.
I don't follow her but I am aware of her work 😉 and I couldn't agree more.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Something tells me this magazine isn't going to be a roaring success........................
bleeping hell.
My pandemic irritable bowl hell
It was using my sixth sock of the day, I finally snapped. ‘How could people be so selfish with toilet roll,’ I screamed? ‘What about people with IBS?’
What made matters worse is I had just that morning tucked into one of jack monroe’s recipes and my stomach was turning somersaults. I howled and threw myself to the floor. I was running out of socks fast. Maybe I should set up a Patreon?

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I've literally never heard of this Hattie before. She's another Jack. Totally self-obsessed. She said she started her channel for "her"!! That was 2 minutes of hilarity!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.