Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know, for those of us who have thought for several years that she is a proper wrong un. We were bloody right.

Reactions: 32
bleeping hell.
My pandemic irritable bowl hell
It was using my sixth sock of the day, I finally snapped. ‘How could people be so selfish with toilet roll,’ I screamed? ‘What about people with IBS?’
What made matters worse is I had just that morning tucked into one of jack monroe’s recipes and my stomach was turning somersaults. I howled and threw myself to the floor. I was running out of socks fast. Maybe I should set up a Patreon?
Sorry, would like to clarify, I’m not mocking ibs sufferers by the way. Or anyone with bowel conditions. I have ibs 🔺 and have been in and out of hospital with it, it was misdiagnosed many times. I was joking more that people would be affected by running out of toilet paper....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
63 - I’ve got ADHD
85 - my grandad’s no longer alive
24 - postman’s sniffing at the door
56 - this is my mate Vix

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Any slower on the issues of the day and she'd be making smoothie bowls for Instagram.
bleeping hell, she tweeted that *this month*? That makes it even funnier (not the fact of writing about IBS, but the ridiculousness of fishing for tales of woe linked to stockpiling loo roll)

Reactions: 33
Hattie's Twitter and google digital footprint make Jack look like the most level-headed, reasonable, well-adjusted person on the planet. Seriously. I'm a bit shocked.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I've literally never heard of this Hattie before. She's another Jack. Totally self-obsessed. She said she started her channel for "her"!! That was 2 minutes of hilarity!!!!!

Such picturesque breakdowns. I look like the arse end of a Highland Cow when I'm off one one.

ETA: I don't know what the hell has been going on in middle class households over the last few decades but the results are increasingly disturbing.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
74 - claws at the floor
31 - a link to my patreon xx

If she doesn’t approve of mine craft she’s going to have an interesting few years.
My daughter has made some awesome, and frankly bonkers things in minecraft.
She’s going to find in the next year or so things are going to start changing hugely with SB. He’s not going to crave her company in the same way and she will have to find new ways to communicate and find common ground with him. And posting about him online is going to be a big no-no (although it should be already).
In 2/3 years SB and his classmates will legally be old enough to open social media accounts on twitter, insta, fb accounts. I feel like SB is not going to like his mum's online presence, poor lad :/ (lets hope all embarrassing tweets gone by then)

(wish minimum age was 16 tbh but it is what it is)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
bleeping hell, she tweeted that *this month*? That makes it even funnier (not the fact of writing about IBS, but the ridiculousness of fishing for tales of woe linked to stockpiling loo roll)
I know, I mean it would be hard enough to find someone who couldn’t find any toilet roll, let alone an ibs sufferer that couldn’t find any. And then an ibs sufferer that couldn’t find any toilet paper that was aggrieved about it enough to write for a new publication about it for £50, we are in needle in a haystack territory!

• Haha
There’s already a magazine about mental health called Marbles (which is also a bit of a dodgy name when you think about it), but I’ve read one issue and thought it was pretty well put together.
Now of course there’s room out there for a whole range of writing on mental health, but from what people here have uncovered in just the last few hours, “Breakdown“ really doesn’t look too promising...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Marbles is quite a good name - there's a bit of humour, wit about it rather than the morose "Breakdown".

Reactions: 34
Frauen und Herren, I have a terrible confession to make. twit gave me the idea to rinse tinned meat just now.
My cats are very happy with Lidl's cat food, a tin between them plus dry food. I alternate between the fish six-pack and the meat six-pack. However, they hate the mint jelly part of the lamb and mint tin so I put it in a sieve and rinsed as much of the jelly off as I could; got about half off and I'll see whether more of it has been eaten later.
I tried lidl cat food once (for cat, not me) Cat just looked at it, gave me a look of pure disgust, and walked off.

Well, I thought, when he is hungry he will eat it.

The following stand off lasted three days, ending when I found a disemboweled mouse on the living room carpet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Such picturesque breakdowns. I look like the arse end of a Highland Cow when I'm off one one.

ETA: I don't know what the hell has been going on in middle class households over the last few decades but the results are increasingly disturbing.
Another "working class" "journalist" grifting the public using mental illness?!

What with Jack (and this vonny person, and i know a journalist named owen jones just opened a 'newspaper' funded by patreon)

How many Jack-alikes are there?!

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.