Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think when discussed before she wasn’t eligible?
Her twitter was locked then! I'm looking at the categories and I could possibly create one in "influencers: quieter threads"?? Not sure of the rules, she's not what you'd call an instagrammer, an influencer or a blogger? And yet she's still a blue tick with a 30k following. @Yel

• Haha
Reactions: 35
So this Breakdown mag thing is new, Patreon funded and they've thought it's a good idea to get Jack onboard 😬 Wowza
I've had some awful, dark times with my mental health in life and would in theory find something like a magazine focused on mental health quite useful. It's just when I think of myself at my lowest ebb and opening such a publication and seeing Jack Monroe goggling back at me I go off the idea a bit. It's like suffering an awful bereavement and someone trying to cheer you up with a whoopee cushion.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Screenshot_20201120-121858.png

Seems kinda nuts to me that Jack Monroe needed to take this work considering how already BUSY she is, but um ok I guess

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I am soooo left wing - flip flop between the Labour Party and the Greens.

The thought of reading that absolute shitshow of a magazine with Jack (and that weird sex lady with the Mail as her Bio picture) makes me want to simultaneously sign up to both the Conservatives and the Brexit party. Imagine the patting on each other’s back and ego stroking going off via DM and texting. Enough to put me off my multiple bowls of soup.
This is the Jack effect! Somehow manages to turn communists into capitalists and allies into enemies! She's a right wing plant!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Her twitter was locked then! I'm looking at the categories and I could possibly create one in "influencers: quieter threads"?? Not sure of the rules, she's not what you'd call an instagrammer, an influencer or a blogger? And yet she's still a blue tick with a 30k following. @Yel

I don't see why they can't have a thread. I'd stick it in bloggers, not that I have any clue who it is, just because the categories are very loose and it sounds like there's a good crossover with Jack. And bloggers is not bursting unlike the other categories 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 30
So if Hattie is ONLY looking to commission BIPOC writers why has Jack taken the job?

Check your white MC privilege, Jack.

Reactions: 33
View attachment 318110
Seems kinda nuts to me that Jack Monroe needed to take this work considering how already BUSY she is, but um ok I guess
...and is neither BIPOC or disabled. Another platform stolen from the marginalised by a sharp elbowed middle class larper.

ETA: £80 sits well within the permitted work rules for someone claiming ESA. This would have been such a good opportunity for someone who really needs the break to test the water by doing a bit of work that can be done from home without risking their benefit claim.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
So if Hattie is ONLY looking to commission BIPOC writers why has Jack taken the job?

Check your white MC privilege, Jack.
She’s got a Mediterranean arse and is white as mayonnaise, you vile troll!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
View attachment 317905

Ha ha ha! They were probably worried about you howling, clawing the floor and punching the walls in front of the children. I should imagine everyone saying "who?" when they discussed inviting you speak was pretty off putting as well.

Oh and if being "famous" is so awful, try getting a normal job you ridiculous slopgibbon!
This has to be bullshit, doesn’t it. No school would treat “being famous” as a job. They might, possibly, have asked her to talk about being a blogger - but even that I doubt. At a secondary school maybe, not a primary school

Reactions: 25
The Sia situation she's decided to go off on is one of those things that makes me feel really old and bizarrely right wing despite knowing I am quite far left. Is not casting an actor with autism to play someone with autism that bad? Isn't the point of acting that you...don't need to be or have the qualities of the person you're pretending to be? Does thinking that make me Piers Morgan?

ETA - why doesn't she just not read here? It's so easy to not come here.
Wouldn't that line of thought make David Tennant and Dominic West serial killers? It's just pretending, I agree.

Reactions: 14

And utterly insufferable

Reactions: 14
I mean, if she is insistent on wedging herself into the disabled category OK, but I'm 100% certain there are many other people who match the criteria could have taken this opportunity, considering Jack's already heavy workload.

I imagine her large Twitter following is a perk for this new magazine but that's just unfair, and is how Jack manages to get most if not all of her work tbh

Reactions: 27
I dunno about you guys but this hissy fit came awfully close on the heels of all of us discussing her TV 'career'.

I've written many 'lovely to work with you!' emails to complete nightmares out of politeness. But word always gets around. Most people who receive negative feedback who are good at their jobs, have the good grace to be mortified. The ones who are awful and know it, react as Jack has. Lashing out like a child.

If you're wondering why you don't get repeat business, look no further than how you responded to this critique......

Reactions: 50
So many options for thread title and she’s suggested them all herself. Not just a maverick in the kitchen, Jack!

What a day in Jack Land. Poor Pocahontas.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.