Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But I thought she read multiple books a week 🤔
She does. She reads one or sometimes two an hour every night. It's just one of the many amazing things her weird little brain allows her to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
OK I wanna make a Vonny thread but where do I post it? There's no 'twitter bullshitter' category.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
So this Breakdown mag thing is new, Patreon funded and they've thought it's a good idea to get Jack onboard 😬 Wowza

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Nothing to see here, just the same Monroe who was only the other day moaning about privacy and fears for her safety, posting to the world private work messages for likes. And also, unless she's preaching about veganism without even being remotely vegan herself (insufferable as duck but wouldn't be surprising) then it would be fair to assume that the vegan message, the one about 'considering it myself', must date back from that fleeting moment way back when she was (apparently) vegan. Which means, she keeps hold of these polite but stand-offish messages, perhaps she frames them or puts them on her cv, but they are always there, ready to be forwarded should ever the opportunity arise. Like, say, in a twitter drama of her creating.
I've got a whole folder full of printed stuff like that from when I had to keep a record of them for annual appraisals in a previous job. Maybe I should start quoting them here to prove that I'm not an envious bully, a la Lady Muck of Thorpe Bay?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So Jack is going to be contributing towards a mental health magazine. Both food and mental health? Jesus Christ.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
So this Breakdown mag thing is new, Patreon funded and they've thought it's a good idea to get Jack onboard 😬 Wowza
Quoting myself to add that Jack does a chaos, changes her name and all that, and THEN Breakdown mag drops this announcement? Hmmmmm. Interesting

• Angry
Reactions: 35
I am soooo left wing - flip flop between the Labour Party and the Greens.

The thought of reading that absolute shitshow of a magazine with Jack (and that weird sex lady with the Mail as her Bio picture) makes me want to simultaneously sign up to both the Conservatives and the Brexit party. Imagine the patting on each other’s back and ego stroking going off via DM and texting. Enough to put me off my multiple bowls of soup.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
So, Jack. When you and your unruly labia were working on a night club were you wearing earplugs. Or is this a sort of late onset symptom of autism?

So, Jack. When you and your unruly labia were working on a night club were you wearing earplugs. Or is this a sort of late onset symptom of autism?

I don't think I being a bleep is a protected characteristic.
Not in defence of Jack, but I worked in a nightclub when I was 18 and although I could cope whilst there, I could never understand why I’d be a buzzing, sobbing wreck afterwards. It was one of 2 jobs and I really needed the money.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
“SOOO, how do we get off to a good start and sell lots of copies of our first ever magazine?!”

“mhmm, how about we give regular column inches to a profession grifter who writes only about herself and scams money from people who could, in all likelihood, be those most in need of our help..”

“BINGO! Who wouldn’t want to read that!?..”

(Farewell, Breakdown magazine)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Ok so no one tags jack here so she can’t moan either...am I right or am I right?

She’s a maverick of the kitchen and the mind you couldn’t find a better fit for the gig
Nobody ever tags her yet she is always 👀👀👀

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.