Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What annoys me is that she could actually make a decent meal from a tin of stewed steak and it would probably be cheaper. Eg don't rinse the gravy, bulk it up with a bit more Bisto if you need to, put it in a baking dish and cover with some puff pastry. Instant steak pie! If you were feeling FANCY you could add some tinned carrots or whatever. But that sounds like something people might actually want to eat which isn't Jack's USP at all, as we know.
ETA Oh I'm too slow, @Lumpyspaceprincess has the same idea.
Tinned stewing steak, tinned carrots drained. Mashed potatoes. Make more then you need last time you had mash and either freeze or if its only a day or so pop in the fridge. Grafted cheese optional.
Mix tinned carrots and steak, pop in am oven proof dish, top with mash and grated cheese if your fancy. Heat through in the oven until golden brown and bubbling. Serve with frozen peas

Have that on me jack (ex poor person, who was poor for quite a long time, and never had anything fancy to sell)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hang on. Is she really trying to say that taking her to task for ripping off her Patreon and Kickstarter subscribers (“disorganisation” “forgetfulness”) is ableist???
She has a bleeping nerve.
It's like saying someone who has a disability but also robs a bank shouldn't be arrested because ableism, innit. Like that's a very simplistic example for a very nuanced subject, but Jack has totally got the wrong end of the stick over what is/isn't ableist.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
How did she go from flying high to having an absolute meltdown over a sia tweet in one day?

What’s the betting she’s been dumped from a telly job or something? Or BB has dumped her again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
View attachment 317668
She does her own washing up on shoots! :rolleyes:
I would imagine that she sorely tests the patience of Carole and Rosemary and Natalia, what with her multiple chaoses, missed deadlines (any news on that poverty book?) - plus she’s not getting much work so she’s not exactly bringing in the money in for her agent.
Jack: what you mean is they INDULGE you, because they find you difficult and they are probably afraid of triggering yet another of your “wailing like a banshee” episodes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
It must be like the Folk of the Faraway Tree at her house. Every time you go upstairs, there’s a completely different set up.
This was my FAVOURITE childhood story!! If only we could send her up the top of her crappy bungalow to the land of far far away!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
How long before Jacks account goes private, or she leaves Twitter for the umpteenth time?

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Why would she have a problem with that? If she’d cast them as sex workers she’d be up in arms. Also Jack having sex doesn’t mean you’re a sex worker.
To be fair shagging is probably the nearest Jack gets to doing any actual work.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Just speculation, but I hope her sudden change of mood is not due to receiving a "Any comment?" enquiry before a weekend Scottish article is published.

The relevant info has gone over my head but it sounds bloody intriguing, care to share?

Reactions: 23
She’s deleted one but I can’t see which. She’s now replying to any old tit to bump it all down.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
"you're really good on camera mate, honestly"

🤣🤣🤣 I stopped reading after that, what utter shite! 🤣😸🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I'm not a parent but imagine reading your kid's Twitter and she's basically shouting out that she sold herself rather than come to you for help.
I think my heart would shatter.
(I'm not judging either, you do whatever you have to do to get by, but her poor Mum)

• Sad
Reactions: 52
But. But!! If she’s had all this work recently, plus got her book royalties through.... why does she need to take people’s Warm Home payments? Why doesn’t she ever name and shame these dreadful companies that are so ableist and mean. If she’s happy to have a Twitter spat with JO, DW, Sia and whoever else, then name the producer. She’s such a liar!

Reactions: 55
I'm not a parent but imagine reading your kid's Twitter and she's basically shouting out that she sold herself rather than come to you for help.
I think my heart would shatter.
(I'm not judging either, you do whatever you have to do to get by, but her poor Mum)
Unless they're rolling their eyes, for the for the 10 billionth time, and calling bullshit like everyone else.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.