Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why the hell even bother engaging with people like these. She had to scroll way down in the replies to find them - no reason to do that unless she's just looking for a fight.
Because it's always got to be about her! She is getting more attention looking like the victim, so she will search for the people she can use to add to that narrative. She can't resist it.

(My opinion, obviously.)

Reactions: 33
I knew she couldn't bake when she said any flour can be used for bread making, and then later on admitted that you needed bread flour. Of course you do you numpty, it's all to do with the protein content and hardness of the flour. That's when my doubts first started about her, but I thought she was obviously an experienced food writer so I must be wrong. And then I read the other recipes....

Nb. Hardened autocorrected to fingernails

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Jack channelling real Rick vibes producing her own receipts for how great she is to work with.
hands up who likes me.jpg

I tried to find a good gif of this and sadly failed.

ETA: I just read the wiki entry for Rick and it's scary. Who does this remind you of?

• Rick, studying sociology and/or domestic sciences (depending on the episode) with characteristics that had him as hypocritical, radical, attention-seeking, and a self-proclaimed anarchist. Mayall portrayed his character as being mostly critical towards the others.
  • ..constantly adapts himself to different political beliefs, depending on how they will benefit him in a particular situation, despite displaying little understanding of them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
That's gone from lived experience as sex worker to a tale of woe of not having a b&b paid for. You what Jack?
Why would she have a problem with that? If she’d cast them as sex workers she’d be up in arms. Also Jack having sex doesn’t mean you’re a sex worker.

Reactions: 31
That's gone from lived experience as sex worker to a tale of woe of not having a b&b paid for. You what Jack?
I query the B&B story too. If she genuinely had arthritis and joint issues, would refusing to let her sleep elsewhere not come under some kind of discriminatory thing?

Reactions: 35
One of those is about veganism, and one is about a cook-along - hardly recent! And pretty normal politeness there, no more or less.
Take compliments where you find them even in a muddy puddle.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've had some amazing feedback too:

"Well packed, lovely item"
"Great Ebayer, thanks"

Going to put it on my CV.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 131
Jack - you really need to start being honest, if only with yourself. There has been no rooting, or mulling, you simply have had no incoming TV interest.

View attachment 317474
Hang on. Is she really trying to say that taking her to task for ripping off her Patreon and Kickstarter subscribers (“disorganisation” “forgetfulness”) is ableist???
She has a bleeping nerve.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Nothing to see here, just the same Monroe who was only the other day moaning about privacy and fears for her safety, posting to the world private work messages for likes. And also, unless she's preaching about veganism without even being remotely vegan herself (insufferable as duck but wouldn't be surprising) then it would be fair to assume that the vegan message, the one about 'considering it myself', must date back from that fleeting moment way back when she was (apparently) vegan. Which means, she keeps hold of these polite but stand-offish messages, perhaps she frames them or puts them on her cv, but they are always there, ready to be forwarded should ever the opportunity arise. Like, say, in a twitter drama of her creating.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I know it was on Twitter not here but I really don't like it when people don't use her preferred name. Anyone can choose to change their name, many people do, it's absolutely nothing to do with what she's like.
Yes, very well said!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just speculation, but I hope her sudden change of mood is not due to receiving a "Any comment?" enquiry before a weekend Scottish article is published.

I'm an absolutely rubbish Scot, I don't really do patriotism but if a Scottish publication does her in then you'll find me roaring FREEEEEEEDOOOOM!, belting out Flower of Scotland and going wild with the blue face paint.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
She probably texted herself those messages from her second phone!

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.