Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's frustrating having to agree with her sentiments though!

Until you remember that she's only even responding to keep herself centred in the argument, and she's as much of an hole as they are though, ofc.
Why the hell even bother engaging with people like these. She had to scroll way down in the replies to find them - no reason to do that unless she's just looking for a fight.

Reactions: 37
Well at least she can’t blame the flack on Twitter on anything to do with the mysterious gossip site.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
If anything was a clue as to how difficult Jack would be to work with, it was the tantrum she threw that landed her DKL in the first place. Why should she have been given an opportunity like that just because she has 285k followers on Twitter? Gathered from being nothing but a mouthpiece?

Reactions: 62
Was it not twit who said it first?
Dunno, maybe but I know I did and I wasn't even trying to be ironic. In my defence, conversing with you fine people is the only part of my day that is conveyed in the queens English..

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What annoys me is that she could actually make a decent meal from a tin of stewed steak and it would probably be cheaper. Eg don't rinse the gravy, bulk it up with a bit more Bisto if you need to, put it in a baking dish and cover with some puff pastry. Instant steak pie! If you were feeling FANCY you could add some tinned carrots or whatever. But that sounds like something people might actually want to eat which isn't Jack's USP at all, as we know.
ETA Oh I'm too slow, @Lumpyspaceprincess has the same idea.
I just don’t get the point of rinsing tinned steak at all. Isn’t it cooked in the tin, so presumably the gravy has some taste and nutritional value too. So if you rinse it off, you’re wasting something that could be part of the meal. And unnecessary wastage goes against the whole idea of budget cooking.
I think Jack just thought that rinsing stuff was a quirky gimmick, and didn’t think it through.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think she would be hard work and it had nothing to do with any of her illness but the me me me aspect, she very rarely ever talks about anyone else.

For someone who claims to not like her work being torn apart she does like to do it to other people. Also not everyone is going to like you, but rather than cry about perhaps work harder to impress the next one.

Reactions: 32
Thread title suggestion Jack Monroe #108 "You're really good on camera mate, honestly"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
Boobs.🇦🇱🇦🇱
Remember Victoria Woods joke about the pencil test where you test how pert/saggy your boobs are by whether you can hold a pencil under them? And Victoria said "never mind the pencil test, I can fit a whole WH Smith under mine!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
One of those is about veganism, and one is about a cook-along - hardly recent! And pretty normal politeness there, no more or less.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Well at least she can’t blame the flack on Twitter on anything to do with the mysterious gossip site.

Just speculation, but I hope her sudden change of mood is not due to receiving a "Any comment?" enquiry before a weekend Scottish article is published.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I think I still have my P1 report here somewhere that clearly states I always try my best. Just wait I'll show y'all

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.