Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah she can duck right off blaming her faults and crappy personality on alleged ADHD and autism. head.

Constantly seeking praise and validation from strangers? Narcissism. Placing yourself at the centre of every issue and shouting over the voices that need to be heard? Narcissism. Creating drama to broadcast to thousands on Twitter for attention? Narcissism. Largely neglecting your followers that pay your bleeping wage, as you'd rather kiss arse to blue tickers that you perceive as having higher status? Yeah that's narcissism too. 🖕
Christ I needed a cig after reading that 💦

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I don't really have the time to unpick the whole Sia thing but I thought this was a pretty good response.

View attachment 317747
I think the issue here is that Sia is making out that playing the role of a sex worker or a drug addict is less important, as they're 'less important' as people.

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with the criticism Sia is getting (although not with the delivery - huge pile ons on Twitter are not a fair or productive way of trying to get someone see sense.) My issue with Jack is that she's made it about her. Again. And she's using ADHD/autism/arthritis to try and excuse herself. Again.

ETA: but yes, having trans and disabled actors in high powered roles absolutely has to be happening more. The way I read it wasn't that Jack had issue with them in the film, but issue with Sia's response about the people they're playing. If that makes sense?

Reactions: 32
She really is a shapeshifter. I knew she'd crash after being overstimulated yesterday. She is like a toddler in that way.

Also, I don't believe she's hurt by what the producer supposedly said. If she was truly hurt she wouldn't share it. She has because she wants to threaten and manipulate and warn other people off from criticising her. If you do, she'll cry about it online to her flying monkey army, and accuse you of ableism.

It's utterly odious behaviour to abuse her platform in this way. She has no idea what prompted that comment unless she spoke to the person for clarification, yet she instantly yells ABLEIST and wheels out some prehistoric anecdote where she wasn't allowed to stay in a b&b.

You can't get along with everyone, and I have no doubt in my mind that JM IS hard work. The thing is, she is only making her life more difficult by choosing work that she constantly cocks up, and is legitimately criticised for. Everyone has to adapt and play to their strengths. That's life. Yes, accommodations should be made for disability, but JM wants those accommodations to include her never being criticised and her complete and utter lack of talent being ignored.
Her sense of entitlement is stratospheric, she is so full of self importance, the whole universe should revolve around her or she stamps her Smol ickle feeties and releases the flying monkeys

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I honestly don't get how she can be so triggered by this film she hasn't even seen - she's probably read one headline, seen the reaction on twitter, and wanted to join in the easy pile-on, while getting sympathy for herself. I have ASD myself and when I read a tweet about it just thought 'Oh, I won't watch that then', and moved on!
It was like when Nicola Adams had to leave Strictly because her partner had COVID - she jumped in feet first because this had been a same-sex dance partnership and didn’t even stop to think that Nicola had to isolate so that’s why they couldn’t give her a different partner.

And she has the cheek to say she didn’t want a pile-on from Sia’s fans 😂

AND! She triggers me and I suspect she triggers an awful lot of others who read this thread and we deal with it in our own ways and carry on as best we can. She is such a drama llama and can turn anything around to be about her in a heartbeat. Twitter isn’t your friend Jack and you are your own worst enemy - not us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
She'll be fuming that she hasn't caused a massive fuss and isn't trending. 😬
She'll be even more fuming that her false depiction of us as ableist bigots hasn't shut us up and that we're continuing to treat her with the contempt she so richly deserves.

She would have been expecting a load of attention over "former sex worker" but nobody gives a tit 🤭
Nobody believes it but no one wants to be the one to say it.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Small quibble, is it not a lie-in rather than a lay in?

ETA: Unless, of course, you're getting a shag in the process.
AAAH, Had a feeling that was wrong as I wrote it! It's been a long day..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Update on the beer bread recipe attempt by a brave squiggle as reported by @lilamay . Red squiggle is the attempter, blue squiggle would like to attempt but is confused that there are only 3 ingredients.

Luckily red squiggle can adapt and helpfully posted a genuine bread recipe with clear instructions and no tale of woe backstory included so it fit into two tweets. Clearly she has no idea what she is doing and is not a maverick.
pic4.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Imaging moving rooms that much 🥴 I find it exerting enough changing a duvet cover every week lmao.

Thank you @HarderFaster, @spirals & @TurnedUpInTipp for confirming the meds stuff. Her attitude of presenting ADHD as unmanageable disease is dangerous.
Jumping ahead to say (without 🔺 myself) that meds are the difference; from a confused, frustrated adult to someone who can make sense of the world, I have spent years in this field. The early years we spent on the behaviour of children. Its not been until recent years that there has been significant research into adults and investment in treating people who have originally 'coped' but its been a daily struggle, and when unable to cope can turn to other substances to calm the mind.

TV Presenter Adrian Childs has recently been diagnosed with ADD - he said suddenly all of mad bits of his life made sense.

Great to see someone so successful and measured talk about his experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
More Squiggles waking up. Poor Jack at the rate she's going she'll have no one left to lie to. View attachment 317759View attachment 317760
Wonder if her 'followers' are happy being referred to as vengeful flying monkeys? Nasty nasty mackie, it’s different when you are rinsing them for money With your disgraceful cosplay.

mackie YOU ARE A DISGRACE, any other person would be ashamed, but as a grifter, you are all about the money 🏧💵💴💸 without a second thought for anything or anybody.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
She moans about all her "ailments" and "autism" and how she has a rep in the industry as being "hard work" - but it's a BUSINESS.

Most people in TV are freelance or on short-term contracts. Production is low pay, with tight budgets.

Nobody has time to pander to a spoiled privileged woman in her 30s who behaves like an adolescent, with magically appearing new "illnesses" requiring special attention. And I stress the word ATTENTION, because that's what it's all about.

Particularly one who can't bleeping cook anyway. Her DKL and Hellmann's gigs were an embarrassment.

Jack needs to grow up and show concern for others for once in her life - and stop hiding behind pretend medical conditions that she DOES NOT have. It's offensive to people who do have those conditions.

Maybe then she'll manage to get some work that is more than a 10 minute web episode in somebody's kitchen.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Okay despite my flippant comment earlier I’m actually progressively cheesed off.

Jack literally listing conditions as excuses for her behaviour really, really grips my tit. I have complex PTSD - the kind that gives me nightmares that my poor husband has to cuddle and comfort me through, the kind that up until embarrassingly late on in life had me wetting the bed when the nightmares got especially bad, the kind that left me with horrible self-doubt and anxiety - and not once have I ever used that as an excuse for my failings.

My failings are my failings. They are because of me. Sometimes they may genuinely be rooted in my traumas, but that doesn’t excuse them. Maybe explain, but never excuse.

We’re all human. We all balls up. But not all of us do so from a place of manipulation, a place of deception, a place of excuse-making.

I don’t want to be a dick. But I achieve more in a working week, duck, a day, than Jack, and there’s no call for celebration there. I don’t want a round of applause and a smack on the bum for doing what we’re all really supposed to do. Function when we can, be kind where we can, make a difference where we can.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
Small quibble, is it not a lie-in rather than a lay in?

ETA: Unless, of course, you're getting a shag in the process.
This is for her Americans. I have a friend from Texas who's always on about going for a "lay-down", or when I ask what she's doing it's "laying in bed reading". It grates on me massively. I think calming thoughts and remind myself that it's not worth being snarky and falling out over, but still... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

...Or maybe my friend has been sending hints all these years that I've been completely oblivious to. Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.