Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't speak for anyone else but I have strategies and an absolute horror of being late.
I'm one of those people who'd be 15mins early rather than a minute late.
Mandatory on the waiting list for diagnosis sentence clause, but I am exactly the same. I have developed a series of strategies I use. This is unrelated to ADHD but I was once 6 hours early to Heathrow for a flight because I was relying on the megabus. Being late for little things, let alone big things like a flight, strikes the fear of death into me.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She's using Sali Hughes tactics of making us seem like monsters to discredit us. All the evidence is here - I haven't seen any of what she's claiming here or I wouldn't post.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Jack - you really need to start being honest, if only with yourself. There has been no rooting, or mulling, you simply have had no incoming TV interest.

View attachment 317474
Wait. Looking beyond the convenient, ready made excuse for EVERYTHING being questionable, let's actually look at what she's saying. She's freely admitting to being bleeping useless at her job, needs her hand held throughout and even forgives herself the occasional lay-in, with this in mind should any potential boss just accept this as being part of the package? Throw in the fact that she's a difficult bleep on top and it's hardly unreasonable to expect a potential employer to think ''duck it, more hassle than it's worth''. Or should grown adults sacrifice their own careers to encourage the half-arsed career of a grown child? At the end of the day, if improvement is beyond her, instead of blaming some mystery 'ism' she should just accept that she's tit at that particular job and move onto to something new.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I'm so bleeping cross my smartwatch thing has gone all red & is beeping at me..

Honestly, I'm raging😡
I must admit, I read the Twitter feed today, and you were my first thought. I’m not familiar with Sia, though my daughter is a big fan. Looks to me like she tried to make a point, but missed it spectacularly. She’s not remotely in KH’s league, is she?! But Mack’s comments afterwards...Ive held off saying this, but our eldest is an Aspie, and he’s never, ever, EVER used it as an excuse for anything. I have never used my depression to excuse any behaviour that’s less than ideal. We Fraus and Herren aren’t ableist (hell, if anyone here was, they’d get their arses kicked pretty damn quick). To echo previous comments, it’s the faux poverty and inedible recipes that I find distasteful.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
She’s a cheeky bleep

Ableist bleeping bullshit? What ailment makes you thieve from vulnerable people & co opt identities you’ve got no business in to make a little guardian cash? duck off
She's massively forgetting also that a large proportion of people on here have what she's using to excuse her behaviour themselves, and a) they're able to spot the inconsistencies better than others and b) they're pissed off at her using them to try and justify her crappy actions. Seriously, why is she LIKE this!?

• Heart
Reactions: 63
God sorry but she's just awful. The amount of times the Autism and ADHD are rolled out as excuses for tit per week. Is the constant lying a symptom of either?

Reactions: 51
I wonder which producer said she was hard work? To be fair, it could have been anyone who ever met her.
God, she's reminded me of her cue cards on DKL. She left them beside her on the counter when she was cooking. The writing was massive so you could clearly read what was on them. One of them literally said:

Hi
I'm Jack Monroe
Today I'm cooking a Chinese chicken curry.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Can't speak for anyone else but I have strategies and an absolute horror of being late.
I'm one of those people who'd be 15mins early rather than a minute late.
Thanks I’ve no experience of knowingly working / managing with anyone with ADHD but my experience of staff with autism doesn’t match Jack’s claims hence wondering

Reactions: 25
She really is the worst advocate ever.
I hope you’re doing okay, take a step back from Jack’s mad little world for a while if she is doing your head in ❤
I'm grand, thank you for asking though.
She made me lose my temper, which hasn't happened in a long while.
I worked for years in a PRU with kids 'Like Me' and all the coping strategies etc that I helped my young people with, flew out the window.
I was ashamed of myself.
Again, thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
This squiggle is so right, but ruined it for me with the deadnaming. I think Jack Monroe is a lying, deceitful, hateful human being, but there’s no need for that. She’s a faker in everything, her flirtation with being trans/vegan/poor was all for show, but deadnaming is abusive IMO. They just make her Jackolytes stronger in their defence of her when they start with all that. There’s enough fair criticism out there to lay at her feet, no need for it. I wish one of them would type out Tattle, though! Can break out the one of us gif, it’s been a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
She really is a shapeshifter. I knew she'd crash after being overstimulated yesterday. She is like a toddler in that way.

Also, I don't believe she's hurt by what the producer supposedly said. If she was truly hurt she wouldn't share it. She has because she wants to threaten and manipulate and warn other people off from criticising her. If you do, she'll cry about it online to her flying monkey army, and accuse you of ableism.

It's utterly odious behaviour to abuse her platform in this way. She has no idea what prompted that comment unless she spoke to the person for clarification, yet she instantly yells ABLEIST and wheels out some prehistoric anecdote where she wasn't allowed to stay in a b&b.

You can't get along with everyone, and I have no doubt in my mind that JM IS hard work. The thing is, she is only making her life more difficult by choosing work that she constantly cocks up, and is legitimately criticised for. Everyone has to adapt and play to their strengths. That's life. Yes, accommodations should be made for disability, but JM wants those accommodations to include her never being criticised and her complete and utter lack of talent being ignored.

• Heart
More Squiggles waking up. Poor Jack at the rate she's going she'll have no one left to lie to.
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 15.53.53.png
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 15.54.28.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 80
Is there anything that isn’t wrong with her or she hasn’t done why in poverty!

now she was a sex worker?

Reactions: 20
This squiggle is so right, but ruined it for me with the deadnaming. I think Jack Monroe is a lying, deceitful, hateful human being, but there’s no need for that. She’s a faker in everything, her flirtation with being trans/vegan/poor was all for show, but deadnaming is abusive IMO. They just make her Jackolytes stronger in their defence of her when they start with all that. There’s enough fair criticism out there to lay at her feet, no need for it. I wish one of them would type out Tattle, though! Can break out the one of us gif, it’s been a while.

ehhh, i looked down his feed. i don't think we need that tit here. 😬

it's so frustrating when people calling her out turn out to be bigots or conspiricy wankers

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Small quibble, is it not a lie-in rather than a lay in?

ETA: Unless, of course, you're getting a shag in the process.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Just silently chuckling at the idea of Caroline turning up for work, asking her boss what to do and being given the instruction to 'hold me' because her boss has been tit at her job again.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.