Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have attempted a few of Jack's granola recipes, and they never hold together. They taste ok, but definitely not in a crisp, granola type way. Once again, her textural issues get in the way, and it's just too soft.
Soft or softy soft soft? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Granola is also super bad for you. I know a few people who have bowel troubles due to eating it regularly.

It's not something I would want to promote. Whilst I agree it is nice but it's definitely something that needs to be eaten in moderation.
OT but I wouldn't say granola is super bad for you. Unless you have intolerances it shouldn't cause you any trouble. There are some pretty healthy ones you can buy or make yourself (not Jack's though!).
This one from Cookie and Kate is my favourite https://cookieandkate.com/healthy-granola-recipe/

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
This is a bit off topic (but also a bit on topic as it demonstrates how to be calm and reasonable when dealing with issues on Twitter) but I've just stumbled across Deborah Meaden's account and she's fab. I know she's not everybody's cup of tea, and I'll admit I massively pre-judged her as I only knew her as a stupendously wealthy person from Dragon's Den. In fact, she appears to genuinely want to reach a conclusion with the LeShuttle stuff and even when she's tackling racism she doesn't lose her mind, just quietly points out the flaws. I can't imagine winning a debate against her. So measured.

Jack, pay heed. You don't need to create pile ons to call something out. If you had a legit. issue with That Man or DW, you could've quietly and calmly reached out to them directly, rather than setting your followers loose on them.

(Edited to correct my myriad of errors, and also to add that she genuinely seems to adore animals and therefore, presumably, would take her cat to the bleeping vets if necessary.)
Screenshot_20201120_111813.jpg

Screenshot_20201120_111841.jpg

Screenshot_20201120_111737.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 12.44.55.png

If this was a genuine bumdial, why wouldn't you just delete it instead of replying to it?
And why did 62 numpties like the nonsense tweet? I still reckon it is code aimed at someone.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
View attachment 317526

If this was a genuine bumdial, why wouldn't you just delete it instead of replying to it?
And why did 62 numpties like the nonsense tweet? I still reckon it is code aimed at someone.
I think she must have a maverick form of respiration built into her mitochondria where she needs oxygen, water and attention to breath.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
View attachment 317526

Wonder if Louisa has set some sort of conditions for getting back together - like you have to spend less time on your phone. This is 'proof' that she sent a tweet without noticing and didn't even check her phone again for THREE HOURS look BB I'm not addicted to the twitter I SWEAR I was absolutely doing my colouring in all this time 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Wonder if Louisa has set some sort of conditions for getting back together - like you have to spend less time on your phone. This is 'proof' that she sent a tweet without noticing and didn't even check her phone again for THREE HOURS look BB I'm not addicted to the twitter I SWEAR I was absolutely doing my colouring in all this time 🥴
This wouldn’t be a surprise, seems so childish of her.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I've been reading but not posting very much .

Am absolutely gobsmacked that JM has another TV gig. It just shows that no matter how tit you are you'll get by as long as you know the right people.

It pisses me off as it's blatent ignoring people who could and would do a far better job without needing their hand held.

It honestly made me consider not bothering on this thread any more as no matter how much we recognise the tit show that is JM nobody else is bothered and they will use her and enable her. Just makes me think "what's the point" if no sod in the media with some control over hiring and firing takes note of her grifting and blatent poverty cosplay.

Sheer laziness from those doing the hiring just yawning and saying "oh JM will do" instead of doing their job proactively.
As a result she gets a far easier ride than she deserves.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Anyone remember Brian Belo from old Big Brother days? Anyway it looks like he's been to Jack's school of cookery... 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Where is Jack?

Is she
a) still sleeping
b) filming something exciting and mysterious
c) shopping in Waitrose
d) staying off Twitter o_O
e) other

Answers on a (beige) postcard please

Edit: oops I must have woken her up!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Her latest recipe (three tin tender - eh??) comprises just three ingredients:

A tin of tomatoes...

A tin of stewing steak...

a CaN oF cOkE...

😬

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
I think @Droosie123 you should take heart that the opportunities Jack is getting aren't as wonderful as she pretends they are. Not to mention that whatever advantages she gets in life she never seems happy with 🤷

Her existence is largely an empty one and she doesn't get repeat business. More and more squiggles are starting to take notice, including those with a big ish following. Based on recent polls it looks like we've got 400-500 readers of this thread.

So these small gigs may come up now and then but her book sales are on the decline and the facetunes more and more desperate 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.