Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love lists, I write them on paper or on a memo on my phone. Just the day's tasks. Appointments go in the calender. Simple but effective. Jack's wallpaper shambles is all over the place. Where is the starting point, where does it end?

Regarding us complaining when she does legit work instead of grifting, I think we are entitled to complain. It is evident from DKL and Hellmans that she did no prep before hand, she is not new to TV but is still tit at it. Her articles are the same rehashed poverty saga which help no one. Her recipes have been proven by members on here to be unsuccessful and worse disgusting. Numerous comments from the guardian, twitter and amazon book reviews support this fact. She is not good at her legitimate work, she trashed JO and strings were pulled to get her DKL which is a manipulative and devious act. She does not deserve the job offers because she puts no effort in and clearly despises the people her work is aimed at.
Totally agree. She hasn't done any prep work for the job she is filming today. Did everyone know that she is filming today? I'm not sure that she mentioned it.

She messed about all day yesterday colouring in, making sure she kept between the lines. She spent time planning a major home remodeling project, moving a shredder upstairs. One can only surmise that whatever it is that she is filming requires no organisation or planning. God help whoever is doing the editing.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Hello Fraus, grunkad up to date with this thread.

Firstly - I was a little uncomfortable with the right move details and brother/SIL details, as has been said that does look like we’re mad stalkers and although it’s all in the public domain to be found, we don’t want to do the work for anyone hoping to triangulate.

Second - evaluating her efforts so far, she has taken some Frau hints and is making moves to produce the bloody postcards, has donated to a good cause and made a bonkers list. It’s a good start but will she maintain it and complete it? Here’s a little hint Jack- if you’re going to offer something as an incentive or gift like postcards, get the postcards made BEFORE you offer it, then you can give what you promised, on time, to the squiggles filling your larder.

@Falkor loving the coo talk and the sheeps!

How is it legal under GDPR to have a folder listing names, addresses and occupations of people who have not given you permission to hold their data and when you do not have a good reason for holding the data?
It’s information in the public domain

Reactions: 19
Hello Fraus, grunkad up to date with this thread.

Firstly - I was a little uncomfortable with the right move details and brother/SIL details, as has been said that does look like we’re mad stalkers and although it’s all in the public domain to be found, we don’t want to do the work for anyone hoping to triangulate.

Second - evaluating her efforts so far, she has taken some Frau hints and is making moves to produce the bloody postcards, has donated to a good cause and made a bonkers list. It’s a good start but will she maintain it and complete it? Here’s a little hint Jack- if you’re going to offer something as an incentive or gift like postcards, get the postcards made BEFORE you offer it, then you can give what you promised, on time, to the squiggles filling your larder.

@Falkor loving the coo talk and the sheeps!

It’s information in the public domain
I am not a lawyer but I volunteer as secretary for a charity and in our achingly boring day of GDPR training we were told that we cannot store data like that without consent and/or sufficient cause. So for example, I can't keep names and addresses of former service users, even though it is information "in the public domain", unless they consent or it is somehow necessary. I think data subjects who suspect their data is being stored without their consent and discussed publically by a journalist should be asking questions. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 55
Do we really need so many porridge recipes? I mean, it’s just porridge. Everyone knows how to do it (there are even instructions on the packet), and adding in some fruit or raisins or whatnot is hardly the work of a genius.

View attachment 315019

I'm genuinely cringing at the fact she shared this. It is a lovely gesture but a small one... It just feels very performative? I do try and be fair with Jack and not dislike her for everything honestly!

And a drop in the ocean finance wise when you start weighing up iMacs, Cotswolds.
Exactly. Very performative. All she had to do was say “I’ve sent a donation to these people”, describe what they do, and ask people to consider doing the same.
It was REALLY not necessary to publish the amount. Although, since she did, we can see that it happens to be more than her (alleged) weekly food budget.

Last edited:
Reactions: 41
@Falkor can you please just keep derailing, I don’t care about JM anymore, I just fell down the hashtag nc500 hole and I want to stay forever

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Agree! Love the sheep 😍

Not judging anyone but I don't eat lamb anymore because I love their little faces. Cutey cute cute.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
This "better odds than the lottery" tweet is about bankrupting Katie Hopkins, isn't it. Which I find interesting as she always said she wasn't in it for the money and indeed urged people not to gloat when Hopkins had to sell her house. Also interesting that she's said that it works out expensive for "some of them" when so far as I know the only person she's successfully sued is Hopkins - singular not plural.
I suspect this is because she was approached by the law firm, who already had a bee in their bonnet about Hopkins, rather than initiate it herself. They spotted an opportunity.

Reactions: 21
I am not a lawyer but I volunteer as secretary for a charity and in our achingly boring day of GDPR training we were told that we cannot store data like that without consent and/or sufficient cause. So for example, I can't keep names and addresses of former service users, even though it is information "in the public domain", unless they consent or it is somehow necessary. I think data subjects who suspect their data is being stored without their consent and discussed publically by a journalist should be asking questions. 🤷‍♀️
Agree with you. I need to ask people I keep on a database annually whether they consent staying on that list. Just names, contact details and job roles. They are freelancers I commission for various projects, so it's in their interest to be on the list. They still have to consent and they have the right to request to see any data pertaining to them, which is why I'd never put anything evaluative like 'was rubbish at job xyz' on the list.

Reactions: 25
Mom is getting a lot of ribbing for this how to make toast controversy. Jack can sense pile ons but i’m sensing she’ll come steaming in all guns blazing in Nigella’s defence rather than join in. Eventually it will segue into her own recipes and how she either taught herself cooking or had to be taught by people like Nigella. Whatever suits. Links will follow.

Caveat, I like Nigella and don’t see much wrong with her show. She’s hardly going to have smart price loaves and tubs of 80p sunflower spread is she?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Thank you!

This is Nibbles :) She had a touch of scald, which sort of a sheep version of athlete's foot and can get pretty painful for them, so she was having her foot treated daily with an antibiotic spray. Fortunately she's the tamest of the lot, hence she has a name - she likes to walk up to me and chew on the pocket she knows I usually have a few ewe rolls in to get me to give her one.

View attachment 315068
Now I need to know what “ewe rolls” are. Are they just bog standard ewe food or are they like Dreamies for sheep? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Agree with you. I need to ask people I keep on a database annually whether they consent staying on that list. Just names, contact details and job roles. They are freelancers I commission for various projects, so it's in their interest to be on the list. They still have to consent and they have the right to request to see any data pertaining to them, which is why I'd never put anything evaluative like 'was rubbish at job xyz' on the list.
Same here. In my other work I have to keep client records with personal data, that I guess for some of them at least you'd be able to find in the public domain. They have to consent to me holding that data, agree to how I intend to use it/my purpose for holding it and I have to ensure it is stored securely.

ETA - @Falkor, I also like the 🐑😊

Reactions: 28
Whenever I read a post like this I can't help but hear it in the voiceover from the end of the comedy series "Soap". Is that too long ago for most of you to remember?
I remember it😀. I loved that program, it was the first of that type IMO. Wonder if Jackie “remembers” it?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.