Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know here N4 is bit aren't most places in the UK locked down so therefore snacks aren't easily accessible. Perhaps Gregg's might be open but that's about it.
She should not tell people where she goes. I never let people know that I am away or exactly where I will be at on certain day.
She just ignores these things and then throws things out like being stalked. Someone who suspects being stalked would not do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 45
Jack must be really enthusiastic about today’s job. I was expecting her to have cried off due to toothache/a new continuous cough/having spent the night howling and wailing in pain.

One of my fave interview quotes:

View attachment 315102
Awww that's nice I always remember my mum making scrambled eggs for me when I had a sore tum tum.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Thank you!

This is Nibbles :) She had a touch of scald, which sort of a sheep version of athlete's foot and can get pretty painful for them, so she was having her foot treated daily with an antibiotic spray. Fortunately she's the tamest of the lot, hence she has a name - she likes to walk up to me and chew on the pocket she knows I usually have a few ewe rolls in to get me to give her one.

View attachment 315068
I love Nibbles! That face :love: I hope her foot is better now!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She should not tell people where she goes. I never let people know that I am away or exactly where I will be at a certain day.
She just ignores these things and then throws away things like being stalked. Someone who suspects being stalked would not do this.
I agree and I although I was being flippant about the Tupperware, on second thoughts I am now angry.

I thought frugal people took snacks with them on day trips.

Maybe I was wrong.

I think what Jay-Cloth is really hoping for here @Falkor is any photos you may have of highland cow/s?
In some (forbidden) fb groups these are called floofy moo moo doggos
🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
What is soft serve semifreddo?

Soft serve ice cream has a particular texture.

Semifreddo has a particular texture.

🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
That wallpaper/"to do list" fills me with anxiety. Way too chaotic.

Why does Cooper's Twitter account follow so many Scottish accounts? 🐱🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I don't know here N4 is bit aren't most places in the UK locked down so therefore snacks aren't easily accessible. Perhaps Gregg's might be open but that's about it.
N4?? Stay away, this is a local place for local people... I may have to throw 90% vegan swiss rolls in her direction when I pass through on the bus 🔺

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
She should not tell people where she goes. I never let people know that I am away or exactly where I will be at on certain day.
She just ignores these things and then throws things out like being stalked. Someone who suspects being stalked would not do this.
She's letting vampire fanboy know the coast is clear for another soap delivery.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I am genuinely struggling to think of a worse TV presenter. I cannot think of anyone else who lacks charisma, has an inability to read an autocue, is fidgety, butts in, forgets to give instructions and is as ill prepared as Jack. There is no way she is given TV work based on her skillset.
It's the way she exudes nervousness I find off-putting. And then keeps saying how nervous she is and how things always go wrong for her.
It means co presenters have to keep reassuring her (when they really shouldn't have to) and viewers can't relax. If things do actually go wrong she just goes silent and fiddles about with her recipe head down. She can't think on her feet like a natural TV personality.
I imagine this thing she is doing isn't live, so a bit of judicious editing may help. Richard Osman's House of Games? Pointless?

Reactions: 38
Maybe I'm just a greb who doesn't care if her pale face flannels are stained with mascara or eyeliner (if someone is looking through my flannel drawer more fool them) but I also got some black flannels from a friend who was clearing out prior to a move abroad about 10 years ago and they are perfect, I wash them regularly but they don't look fucked up and I'm not contributing unecc to the unethical cotton or plastc industry with pads and wipes.

See also - black pants for spotting/period. Black bedsheets and blankets aren't in the same category obvs *wink nudge ooer matron* but I dig the aesthetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She must have been embarrassed by the typo as she’s deleted this. Or she’s had a grunk and that’s actually where she went so thought better of it
71A034CA-EABD-4363-9F6C-49EAE36402A9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.