Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck of with your small room. I sew, and I have a tiny area in my dining room where I have my stuff. I'd love my own room

I've got a work zoom on Saturday, I'll sit at my dining table for that (in front of my bookshelves), I'd love my own office space but I don't have room
Covid has killed off any chance I had of working from home, even though I'm the only one who ever intended to. 2 adults, 2 teens in a 2-bed was already a squeeze before we had to turn it into a full-time remote office and schoolroom (in a crucial exam year).

Throw in the additional challenges to the neurodiverse members of the household of constantly changing timetables and rules and the constant presence/distraction of other people. Something had to give and because I'm still in the early stage of my career, and it's part of my conditioning as a mum to facilitate others first, the thing that gave was my work.

When JM witches about her "crappy" housing situation is when I most want to throw things :mad:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
her on a budget is v reminiscent of alexandra stedman of the aptly named frugality, another rich MC girl going on and on online. She says how wE'rE aLl oN a BuDgEt which yes is true, we all ideally want to spend less money than we have coming in (and this is a privileged position to be in!), but to not differentiate that you're not in the same position as someone having to stick to a strict budget for lack of funds is a bit...icky? I know anything to do w personal finance is v divisive so sorry if I offend anyone !

Reactions: 39
Why does she have a Mac and all these notebooks?

How does she find all the recipes in those notebooks?

Who actually eats cheese at this time of night with pickle of any sort?

Why am I asking all these questions when I know the answers?
Whenever I read a post like this I can't help but hear it in the voiceover from the end of the comedy series "Soap". Is that too long ago for most of you to remember?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
@Falkor I like your neat list, on graph paper, very much. May I ask, without triangulating you, who is "Nibbles"?

Also, I'm surprised at Jackie using Vistaprint. They're a perfectly good printer, but my experience of them is that there are so many add ons to the cost, and they take forever unless you pay for expedited service.

It seems like the choice of someone who's just done a quick Google of "printed postcards".

These cards are just never going to happen...

Reactions: 22
Agree if you have a computer, why write anything on paper? Print it if need be. The thought of having to read every box to try and work out what needs doing, and having to constantly move stuff to make sure you’ve not 'hidden' anything makes my ickle brain go 🤪 so time consuming.
even autocarrot couldn’t cope with the concept

Reactions: 12
The thing about the postcards, is that no-one wants them. People who are already her fans felt sorry for her and signed up. They'd have probably put it in the tip jar anyway, so they just see the postcards as an extra thing they get. That's the only reason there is no outcry.

I'd love to be a person with all sorts of fantastic methods of remembering things. I like nice stationery and am drawn to 'planners' and organisational books. I bought myself a lovely one a few years back with all different sections and a fancy page lay out. but I was writing things down just to fill up spaces. Now the only thing I do is a list on a ring bound notebook, the top half of the page is to do, the bottom half is shopping I need, which I rip out and take with me when I go. It is extremely inelegant and that frustrates me a bit as I'd love something fancy, but it works.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Whenever I read a post like this I can't help but hear it in the voiceover from the end of the comedy series "Soap". Is that too long ago for most of you to remember?
I remember it very well. Join us next week...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
And where the hell is her office now? It looks like she's moved upstairs into the eaves..................... Moving is going to be FUN.
1st point, there's three bedrooms upstairs, one for her, one for her son and one for her BB. Where is she creating this upstairs (in a bungalow) office? Makes no sense.

2nd point, she is moving because she is in fear of being stalked. Why bother re-assigning the spaces within the bungalow when a move is imminent? It's like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. A complete waste of time.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
The thing about the postcards, is that no-one wants them. People who are already her fans felt sorry for her and signed up. They'd have probably put it in the tip jar anyway, so they just see the postcards as an extra thing they get. That's the only reason there is no outcry.

I'd love to be a person with all sorts of fantastic methods of remembering things. I like nice stationery and am drawn to 'planners' and organisational books. I bought myself a lovely one a few years back with all different sections and a fancy page lay out. but I was writing things down just to fill up spaces. Now the only thing I do is a list on a ring bound notebook, the top half of the page is to do, the bottom half is shopping I need, which I rip out and take with me when I go. It is extremely inelegant and that frustrates me a bit as I'd love something fancy, but it works.
I use the note function on my phone for shopping, that way I can’t forget to take the list with me. Also if I think of something when I am at work or on the train or whatever I can add it.

Reactions: 20
Was chicken livers on the planner?
1st point, there's three bedrooms upstairs, one for her, one for her son and one for her BB. Where is she creating this upstairs (in a bungalow) office? Makes no sense.

2nd point, she is moving because she is in fear of being stalked. Why bother re-assigning the spaces within the bungalow when a move is imminent? It's like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. A complete waste of time.
Wondering if it’s a bit of a hint that her and bb are actually sharing a bed???

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
That wallpaper chart is triggering me, it's so loud and disorganised and illogical. Argh! I wouldn't know where to start and which task is most important! Somebody help me; make it make sense! Lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Are we on the train to the BBC yet? I wonder if they might be filming this event in 2020? Her eyes will light up when she sees the sponsors at 1m 10sec.

* I wouldn't recommend watching beyond 1m 15s - it is pretty low grade content unless you are a shin-kicking aficionado, or a peripatetic pixie weapon.

1605660226838.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Are we on the train to the BBC yet? I wonder if they might be filming this event in 2020? Her eyes will light up when she sees the sponsors at 1m 10sec.

* I wouldn't recommend watching beyond 1m 15s - it is pretty low grade content unless you are a shin-kicking aficionado, or a peripatetic pixie weapon.

View attachment 314826
She’d win hands down years of practice

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh my god I LOVE wallpaper planner desk Jack. This is so hilariously pathetic. You've all summed up everything perfectly. I'm just flabbergasted that she has so little shame!

She has a container filled with colouring pencils with a sign saying that no one else can borrow them. Just let that sink in. She's not even a teenager - she's a toddler.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Hold up, she's moved her 'office' upstairs just as BB has started to spend 4 nights a week there? INTERESTING! And not creepy in the slightest.

i sit like this and watch you while you sleep - terrifying cat - quickmeme

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
If it was any other parent posting this I would assume that their child did the picture but because this is Jack 'I don't share my colouring crayons' Monroe I can only assume she is proudly displaying her own creation

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 10.01.03 am.png

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Screenshot_20201118-100104_Twitter.jpg

I'm genuinely cringing at the fact she shared this. It is a lovely gesture but a small one... It just feels very performative? I do try and be fair with Jack and not dislike her for everything honestly!

And a drop in the ocean finance wise when you start weighing up iMacs, Cotswolds.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.