Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In fairness, I quite liked that interview. Only because Toff (despite the fact my politics do not align with hers AT all) came over really open minded. I watched it not expecting to like her, but actually did by the end.

Jack, on the other hand, just came across as a massive knob.
She always comes across that way. I have no idea why people think she's endearing when she comes across as the most pretentious self righteous tit on whatever political programme she's on

Reactions: 31
I often try to put myself in her shoes as well (let's imagine it's the £150 orange numbers 😬), I do understand it would be crappy to have a place full of comments about me and my job, and I probably would go there and read what was being said sometimes. Not that I think she should alter herself or personality because of 'us' at all, not in the slightest, just stop the lying and the begging.

That being said I do wonder how you could read here, be faced with your own inconsistencies and continue tweeting to 280k people that you're struggling and can't afford butter but it's fine and not to worry. That's the kind of stuff that makes me think it is a game to her. Really really sneaky behaviour. Even down to last night saying she couldn't sleep because she's afraid of a tattle commenter coming to her house, then telling the masses she couldn't sleep because of toothache.

She doesn't really live frugally, having a £20 calculator instead of just using the one on your phone(s) or one from the pound shop or Tesco is living frugally. I could give another 500 examples just from pictures she's shared of all the goods around her home. Make it make sense Jack. The only people who would consider her level of living 'frugal', would be stinking rich IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
My phone won't let me do screenshots ( :cry: ) but she's on twitter royally bleeping me off.

"This is the only system I've found that works for me!" (About her to do list from hell)

YOU MADE IT UP THIS AFTERNOON!

HOW THE duck DO YOU KNOW IT "WORKS"?

YOU'VE ACHIEVED PRECISELY duck ALL APART FROM COLOURING IN A PIECE OF WALLPAPER?!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
I often try to put myself in her shoes as well (let's imagine it's the £150 orange numbers 😬), I do understand it would be crappy to have a place full of comments about me and my job, and I probably would go there and read what was being said sometimes. Not that I think she should alter herself or personality because of 'us' at all, not in the slightest, just stop the lying and the begging.

That being said I do wonder how you could read here, be faced with your own inconsistencies and continue tweeting to 280k people that you're struggling and can't afford butter but it's fine and not to worry. That's the kind of stuff that makes me think it is a game to her. Really really sneaky behaviour. Even down to last night saying she couldn't sleep because she's afraid of a tattle commenter coming to her house, then telling the masses she couldn't sleep because of toothache.

She doesn't really live frugally, having a £20 calculator instead of just using the one on your phone(s) or one from the pound shop or Tesco is living frugally. I could give another 500 examples just from pictures she's shared of all the goods around her home. Make it make sense Jack. The only people who would consider her level of living 'frugal', would be stinking rich IMO.
There's certainly an element of game playing and trying to get certain reactions. Because she's a narc she thinks she's better than everyone else and will get one over on us. You can see it in the way she constantly invokes authority to try and shut down the criticism she gets, always considering her options or hinting at police involvement. The idea is that we should all be frightened of her power whereas speaking for myself I'd HOOT and laugh up a lung if she went into a police station to say she wanted someone charged for calling her a mad woman on the internet or something. She's absolutely desperate for someone from here to overstep the mark in a way that would get it shut down and/or them into serious trouble but of course we SHAN'T.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
That wallpaper desk chart. What on earth. There's no way even the most efficient members of the cabal would be able to function using that, never mind us more haphazard ones!

Confession. I do have a pen my child is not allowed to use 'even for a sec'. Purely because she has nicked every single other one that I own, and I do actually need one for myself! I do not save pencil shavings though.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
By my experience she is incredibly well off. I retired, having never earned more then £26.000 a year in a what is a good profession. I wrote some academic books that all told brought in £12.000 or so over 20 years. Articles were about £200 each depending. I wrote them to pay heating and lighting in between working 12 hours a day and commuting 4 hours.
I’ve said it before. She doesn’t know she’s been born.
And it’s not just me who worked their arse off for little reward, but heyho I never begged or scammed, lied or cheated.
No decent person does.
I don’t know what to think about the Jackolytes.
Kind, lovely people certainly. The amount of tweets that are put out must daze them. So much that in the constant Twitter spiel the deletions can’t be noticed.
On the other hand, if they weren’t giving money to Jackoscam it would be to someone else on the grift.
A rotten situation. I don’t know how she sleeps all afternoon.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Edit: wrong thread sorry!

She is chaos personified, the chart hurts my brain honestly makes my anxiety stir a little!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Maybe because it looks like this?

View attachment 314297

I'd want to keep that a fuckin secret too 🥴
Three spoons! Is this like double rainbow? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Thank you all for the laughs and for being human. I’m a bit stunned by the humanity here. I’m not a lawyer, but I did read some libel cases before dropping out of law school. The idea of JM suing people on this forum is absurd for many reasons. I hope no one is worried about that.
No, no. You're doing it wrong. If you read some libel cases and dropped out of law school, you can now add "Forensic Lawyer", "Militant Barrister", "Shark-eyed Solicitor" and "Between Me I Have Decades of Expertise in Suing People & Stuff" to your bio.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Three spoons! Is this like double rainbow? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Three tarnished spoons that make everything taste like tin. Three spoons to make it look like she has friends. A spoon each, dipping and whooping with joy.
🤣🤣🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Three tarnished spoons that make everything taste like tin. Three spoons to make it look like she has friends. A spoon each, dipping and whooping with joy.
🤣🤣🤢
Three spoons to fool them all
and in the beigeness bind them

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Why does she have a Mac and all these notebooks?

How does she find all the recipes in those notebooks?

Who actually eats cheese at this time of night with pickle of any sort?

Why am I asking all these questions when I know the answers?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
So where are the (nine?) lever arch files with printouts of the JM Tattle threads then?!

And where the hell is her office now? It looks like she's moved upstairs into the eaves. Landing, her room, her son's room or spare room? I thought she was supposed to be downstairs between the stairs and the shower room, to say nothing of the garage which she had sorted into a study come library - complete with library rabbit. No wonder she was quiet yesterday if she was shifting everything upstairs. Weren't those filing cabinets in the hall at some point recently, or has that space been filled with yet another sideboard courtesy of her royalty cheque? Moving is going to be FUN.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
So where are the (nine?) lever arch files with printouts of the JM Tattle threads then?!

And where the hell is her office now? It looks like she's moved upstairs into the eaves. Landing, her room, her son's room or spare room? I thought she was supposed to be downstairs between the stairs and the shower room, to say nothing of the garage which she had sorted into a study come library - complete with library rabbit. No wonder she was quiet yesterday if she was shifting everything upstairs. Weren't those filing cabinets in the hall at some point recently, or has that space been filled with yet another sideboard courtesy of her royalty cheque? Moving is going to be FUN.
Deep forensic analysis of her chart 🧐 shows she was moving the printer and shredder 'upstairs'. (Quite why you would bother to write that down instead of, dunno, just bleeping DOING IT is baffling).
For a crappy bungalow it seems to be quite elastic. Does she still have the photography lab in the cupboard under the stairs?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Well, she's going to have to save her pennies and be even more frugal if she wants to stay in the area and buy. There's a rather nice two-bedroom bungalow in a cul-de-sac over the road for O/O £475,000 or a three-bedroom and study/four bedroom bungalow a couple of streets away for O/O £575,000 and much smaller than her current one. However, if she's willing to sell off most of the Cotswold catalogue and two freezers, she could pick up a small three bed terraced house for around £200,000 in a less fancy part of town, and her son's going to secondary in two terms' time so changing schools not a problem.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.