Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 315019

I'm genuinely cringing at the fact she shared this. It is a lovely gesture but a small one... It just feels very performative? I do try and be fair with Jack and not dislike her for everything honestly!

And a drop in the ocean finance wise when you start weighing up iMacs, Cotswolds.
It's extremely performative! I bet she's furious about their fairly lukewarm non-fawning reaction. You'd prob expect a 'celeb' to donate more than 20 quid. Also she's probably sharing this so people see it and buy her books for someone else.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Why does she have a Mac and all these notebooks?

How does she find all the recipes in those notebooks?

Who actually eats cheese at this time of night with pickle of any sort?

Why am I asking all these questions when I know the answers?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I was on a big grunka last night so everything has already been said by you wise lot. I’m just not sure I understand the doodly planner. Some of it is only relevant to this week, so does she waste spend a whole day next week making a new one? I have a billion lists on Notes in my phone. It’s easy to read and delete as I go along. Having to decipher this mess of colour and scribbles doesn’t seem productive to me at all. I agree with all the wise fraus who said it’s like spending more time making a GCSE revision timetable than actually revising. It’s all for Twitter/our benefit.

Reactions: 36
Whenever I read a post like this I can't help but hear it in the voiceover from the end of the comedy series "Soap". Is that too long ago for most of you to remember?
Does it matter how old we are, we were all brought up on TV programmes from the 1950s.

🥰🥰🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 19
View attachment 315019
[/QUOTE]
I'm genuinely cringing at the fact she shared this. It is a lovely gesture but a small one... It just feels very performative? I do try and be fair with Jack and not dislike her for everything honestly!

And a drop in the ocean finance wise when you start weighing up iMacs, Cotswolds.
[/QUOTE]

I donate monthly to three charities. Do you know how many of my friends and family know this? Precisely ZERO because I don't feel the need to broadcast it for clout.

She just wants everyone to pat her on the back, tell her how wonderful she is and then return the favour by buying HER books.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Even though it’s entertaining when she does a chaos I do think we should be kinder when it comes to her actual work. I’ve seen people say “just get a job and stop grifting” but then when she works she’s shamelessly mocked yet is doing what we say we want her to do-earn an honest living.
I hope my post didn’t come across as unkind or thoroughly mocking. I am genuinely confused as to why she may be employed by the bbc again after doing such a bad job. I’m sure there are lots of ways she could earn a genuine living that she would be much better at than presenting

Reactions: 35
Looks like pencil sharpenings. She’s probably keeping them for some bizarre reason.
To bung them in a curry? Stick ‘em in a stew?
I hope my post didn’t come across as unkind or thoroughly mocking. I am genuinely confused as to why she may be employed by the bbc again after doing such a bad job. I’m sure there are lots of ways she could earn a genuine living that she would be much better at than presenting
no not at all it’s just something that’s been playing on my mind. xx

Reactions: 19
I share the same confusion. She's awful at TV work and every piece of on camera work this year has only served to demonstrate that. God knows why she'd be hired for further projects 🤷.

Reactions: 29
I'M FILMING TODAY, I'M FILMING TODAY, DON'T KNOW IF I'VE MENTIONED IT BEFORE BUT I'M FILMING TODAY!!!!

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 10.35.20.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 68

[/QUOTE]

I donate monthly to three charities. Do you know how many of my friends and family know this? Precisely ZERO because I don't feel the need to broadcast it for clout.

She just wants everyone to pat her on the back, tell her how wonderful she is and then return the favour by buying HER books.
[/QUOTE]
Oh Brian, can I buy you one of Jack’s books as a thank (space) you?

I'M FILMING TODAY, I'M FILMING TODAY, DON'T KNOW IF I'VE MENTIONED IT BEFORE BUT I'M FILMING TODAY!!!!

View attachment 315046
Waitrose?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I share the same confusion. She's awful at TV work and every piece of on camera work this year has only served to demonstrate that. God knows why she'd be hired for further projects 🤷.
I am genuinely struggling to think of a worse TV presenter. I cannot think of anyone else who lacks charisma, has an inability to read an autocue, is fidgety, butts in, forgets to give instructions and is as ill prepared as Jack. There is no way she is given TV work based on her skillset.

Reactions: 37

Babe, same. It's so bleeping performative. I think there is a very small argument to be made that people with lots of followers talking about supporting charities may encourage others to do the same, but posting screenshots of receipts is pathetic. AND this is not a charity. A post along the lines of

I love what XYZ Bookshop are doing with their #buyastrangerabookday! I'm supporting a few of my favourite authors this week. If you want to get involved, check out [insert link].

would be much less performative and probably encourage more people to participate. However, everyone would be better off supporting Marcus' charities. He actually focuses on what really matters right now.

View attachment 315046
I recommend Asda.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

[/QUOTE]
Oh Brian, can I buy you one of Jack’s books as a thank (space) you?

That sounds more like a punishment :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 23
View attachment 315019

I dunno. You say “small” but in Jacworld that equates to over 23 meals! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.