Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi Jack I've got some garlic, spices and a smudge of mustard downstairs, what type of vampire repellent can i make?

Should i be sprinkling it in a circle around me, do I bung the crucifix in a curry?? #lockyourdoorsandwindowslarder 😳

(But seriously do not interact with that fan anymore have you not SEEN a daytime thriller movie?? Broad rule for twitter: if you suspect there's a non-zero percent chance that someone may wish to wear your skin as a hat, do not engage)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
So she's not poor but living frugally. Why is she buying so much stuff then? How can life be such a performance.

Reactions: 38
Her to do list from hell hasn't received a huge amount of likes.

I wonder if squiggles were shocked to see the rampant consumerism on display when they've been taken in by the £20 shop grift?

She's got enough stationery there to kit out an entire school year group.

Realistically she needs a pen, a laptop, a whiteboard, and a note book. All the rest is pure wastefulness.

Reactions: 45
18,000 unread emails? Assuming that’s true (who knows), there could be offers of work that she’s now missed out on among that lot. She really is hopelessly unprofessional.

Yeah but 16,000 of those are receipts from Cotswold furniture purchases and the follow up marketing ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Just casually saying that it is so handy to accuse someone of a crime (!) if you think that your own unethical (at the least) dealings are to be unveiled...

So she's not poor but living frugally. Why is she buying so much stuff then? How can life be such a performance.
I find that hard to believe, too. And looking at the Mac, furniture etc...frugal means something else in my book.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm working from home during lockdown (PA/office admin) and I very rarely even pick up a pen these days. Everything is on my pc. 'To do' items go in outlook calendar slots (don't even use tasks) and meetings via zoom or teams get notes typed up in real time in teams chat. It's marvellous!

Reactions: 18
Re the impending court case:. Judge Judy always says " you have to come here with Clean. Hands. "

No feckin chance, on so many levels

• Haha
Reactions: 37
What I don't get it people like nigella state.

Guys I am.... * Insert job description* then that's it from her until it needs advertising or she pops a wee tasty recipie on there as a teaser. She's doesn't write her life story on there and then moan
... People don't respect my privacy.

I can tell you thing, if she does make it big no one will want her autobiography because she's already told her life story enough times that people will be able to memorise it.

Reactions: 19
Please may I lounge in the hammock on moving day?

I've never successfully lain in a hammock. I tried to make one out of broom handles and macrame many years ago, and tied it to 2 metal clothes poles. It just kept spinning around and tipping me out, then I uprooted one of the poles.
I bought a hammock a similar time to her, however mine was much cheaper, and it's been packed away since the end of September as I don't want to spoil it

Reactions: 14
That's the thing, she was outright asked by a squiggle if she was just doing the £20 shop as a job/research and she denied it. She went even further and made sad little comments about not being able to afford butter (I'm fine, don't worry about me). That's why we're here Jack, because it's deceptive and it's dishonest and you do it all publically and people have the right to call out things that are wrong. You're mad because you can't delete and block our comments and questions here.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 62

Guys I am.... * Insert job description* then that's it from her until it needs advertising or she pops a wee tasty recipie on there as a teaser. She's doesn't write her life story on there and then moan

I can tell you thing, if she does make it big no one will want her autobiography because she's already told her life story enough times that people will be able to memorise it.
There is never any deviation from 'The Story', she even uses almost precisely the same language with every telling.
It's because it's learned. It's lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Oh that won't be a problem for our Jack, she'll simply invent some new anecdotes for the book "I was born with scales covering my body", " I lived under a skateboard until I was 7", "I invented the Welfare state", "An Ancestry DNA test reveals I am part octopus", "I lived in a communal skip on the driveway of a crappy bungalow", "I married a vampire I met online". The possibilities are limitless.

• Haha
Reactions: 73
How does the all of a sudden statement of simply living frugally, not poor, fit in with her very recent publicly proclaimed fear that she might get her water turned off?Was that with the water a lie then?

Why does the bubble buddy not pay for food and why does she feed three people on 20£ a week? My friends do contribute when they know I don't have any money but they like to visit and have me cook for them, because I cook well. And if I have money but am simply being frugal I would either not go frugal on my friends but spend money for nice food for them or, if being frugal is more important than anything else, I would plan meals only for myself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Every time she pleads poverty we have an awesome receipt. Jack saying truthfully that she does it for 'work'

Again it's work nobody wants her to do but still.

Reactions: 38
The thing with professional liars and a particular personality disorder is that everything is a lie. Of course the three of them aren’t living on £20 a week for food. And why believe BB isn’t contributing. Quite honestly at this point I’m willing to doubt whether she lives in Southend!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'll let the lovely coven and everyone else in on some information why I am a bit scarred in regards to JMs behaviour.
I watched a few people over a few years never having any money or not enough money to spend it on...whatever. One was a friend of mine. Back then I earned a full time wage, not much but I could pay my bills, my rent for a room (!) go on holidays, mostly visiting relatives abroad though. I did not have any savings and often spent money on my friend who never seemed to have money, poor thing. Later, she was able to put a huge deposit forward to the apartment she bought. I RENT! Turned out she 'didn't have' money because she saved it all.

At the moment I am by definition poor. And while I had nearly no money at all I even contemplated donating into JMs tip jar. Nobody forced me but with all she said she very very much came across as someone who had even less to eat. I am not naive. But she nearly got me.

This is why I am here.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.