Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have real respect for the people who know / have worked with / met her but have just completely dingied her. Like, they get it! <shoutout to Billy Bragg and Ruby Tandoh, amongst others>. She's alienated so many people that all she has left now is her wee squiggles who daren't say anything to question the grand jack narrative. She's reduced to rinsing them but she's completely fucked herself left, right, and centre - politically and metaphorically.
I find it very telling I’ve never seen her and Jonathan Nunn (editor of Vittles) interact on Twitter.

Reactions: 25
I don't understand why she wails to the sky, paws at the floor, rolls around in agony at the prospect of a meter? She was earning £28k when she had a meter, she could just chuck a few hundred on it and forget it exists...? Most of the flats I've ever rented had meters in, once they're in they're in init, I didn't contact the LL like darling I'm actually very comfortable pls remove it this isn't very good for my personal brand, don't want any company seeing it and thinking I'm a PEASANT!!!
Alas managing a prepayment meter is beyond Jack's weird little puppybrain due to her SEVERE autism and ADHD which would cause her to howl at the meter rather than simply top it up from her ample income. Personally I think she's missed a trick, prepay meter drama would be great for extracting funds from the paypigs "HOOOOOOOWL, I can't afford to charge my Nokia and won't be able to share any of my vital life saving recipes", "WAAAAAAIL we're having to bathe in ICE COLD water", "Maize snacks for tea we've been cut off" and so on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I have had a meter for years, got rid of it and hated getting billed and they always wanted to set monthly dd way higher than what I was putting in the meter. Moved last year and there is a meter as the previous occupant on obviously fell behind, judging by the letters we get for him. There is no debt on the meter and I'm happy to have one again, it's much easier for budgeting and not actually much more expensive.

Reactions: 28
He came home with flora, fauna and a worm.

The worm must belong to a whole other classification system of its own.

Linnaeus must be turning in his grave.
Lightbulb moment: Not understanding the full meaning of "fauna" explains the "90% vegan" claim.

And Linnaeus is DEAD! (And how many crazy recipes for povs did he fling together? Exactly!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
She made a recipe for vegan sausages I am sure that cost something like 8 quid for 30. That’s it exactly. Her 30p a sausage isn’t for one or two sausages. You can’t go to the supermarket and buy a pinch of this.

Most often you have to buy a packet of whatever she’s cooking. The vegan sausage recipe uses tofu. Tofu is around 1.50 - 2 quid.

It was the same when she used to make recipes with the Sainsbury’s value wine. From recollection it was 3 quid a bottle and you have to buy the whole bottle.

I personally don’t want to make recipes that feed 4 people. I live alone. I don’t have a freezer either. I don’t have the space for it. I did in my last flat but not here.

I do cook from scratch at times but it’s as easy for me to make potatoes or buy a bag of frozen chips. Buy a vegan pasty and have some veg with it than it is faffing around making 30 vegan sausages from scratch.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Lightbulb moment: Not understanding the full meaning of "fauna" explains the "90% vegan" claim.

And Linnaeus is DEAD! (And how many crazy recipes for povs did he fling together? Exactly!)
Look it's what Linnaeus would have wanted. Now duck off x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I could 100% see her taking this look up, one more incarnation of the Jack persona.

Once her hair has grown back obviously.

ETA she will be looking at this and thinking, "God don't I look fabulous with platinum blonde hair."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Guys! Have we ever listened to this podcast before? Skip the first 20 mins as the hosts just waffle on and on about boring crap but I'm 5 mins into Jack talking and she's already claimed to work 21 hours a day, mentioned that she looks ill and insulted the hosts by saying 'you look how I feel', complained about how stressful lockdown larder is and made a reference to paying the rent...

Adenoids sound REAL swollen

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Guys! Have we ever listened to this podcast before? Skip the first 20 mins as the hosts just waffle on and on about boring crap but I'm 5 mins into Jack talking and she's already claimed to work 21 hours a day, mentioned that she looks ill and insulted the hosts by saying 'you look how I feel', complained about how stressful lockdown larder is and made a reference to paying the rent...

Must be the dib dabs 🫓💳 👀

• Haha
Alas managing a prepayment meter is beyond Jack's weird little puppybrain due to her SEVERE autism and ADHD which would cause her to howl at the meter rather than simply top it up from her ample income. Personally I think she's missed a trick, prepay meter drama would be great for extracting funds from the paypigs "HOOOOOOOWL, I can't afford to charge my Nokia and won't be able to share any of my vital life saving recipes", "WAAAAAAIL we're having to bathe in ICE COLD water", "Maize snacks for tea we've been cut off" and so on.
You actually have more security for the prepaid meter as they have what's called emergency funds which last you until you get more money in ( later that day). I think it's about 2 quid and it also won't switch off after 6pm to allow you to get to a shop. I know this because the odd them it happened when I was a teenager and my mum was working till 9pm. We still had light the next morning until she got to the shop.

She's so full of shite at time it's a wonder her arse isn't sore from spitting it out.

For her to have been cut off she must have left it for days with the siren wailing.
You could also pay as little as five pounds. I understand if that has changed now but that's what I remember. My mum out a tenner in on a Monday and it lasted all week that's with five people and the TV on most of the time and computer games and music. We were a noisy house.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Oh my goodness, I've listened to it and don't know where to start. I think the most ridiculous claim is "I don't block people on Twitter any more." Though there's a few other corkers The admission that she Googles the answers to her lockdown larder questions is quite revealing, as is her admission that she eats stewed steak (90%vegan that she is)

There's so much to pick apart, but as always she goes unchallenged.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I’m GK’ling.....

Fetid old pasta water. WTAF 🤢🤢🤢 and the reuse of a brown bag from the trip to the greengrocer. Let’s hope it wasn’t used for soil covered veg 🤢 Does she think this negates eating out of season asparagus I wonder. Or is this consuming with thoughtful, seasonal and eco consideration?

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

Her reason for no longer being vegan: 'I've got arthritis and my joints were like 'hello we need some omega 3 and tit''.
I guess the 'tit' bit explains eating the lowest welfare meat you can get.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Oh my goodness, I've listened to it and don't know where to start. I think the most ridiculous claim is "I don't block people on Twitter any more." Though there's a few other corkers The admission that she Googles the answers to her lockdown larder questions is quite revealing, as is her admission that she eats stewed steak (90%vegan that she is)

There's so much to pick apart, but as always she goes unchallenged.
It's actually crazy how much of a broken record she is! She brought up her 'landmark libel case' too. You can tell the hosts dislike her by the end of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh my goodness, when she is saying what jobs she's done she says she was a prostitute.
And an explanation for the hair crop was because the undercut was growing out and looked awful. Not a mention of hair loss.
Dear God, she is just awful, or to quote her in this podcast, she's "ridic"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
It's actually crazy how much of a broken record she is! She brought up her 'landmark libel case' too. You can tell the hosts dislike her by the end of it.
It's funny when she complains that the Mail are now her biggest fans - have they changed or have I changed, wonders Jack 🤪. She also admits to having some ~slips~ with alcohol, and says she's had a few glasses of wine with meals - "I'm not perfect" etc 🤨. And is it just me or does she sound really, really posh in it, especially at the start, before her 'character' takes over.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
My gym has the water rower and it is quite frankly the most useless piece of kit I have ever seen in my life. The resistance is dreadful and in times when I have used it because the other rowers are being used I’ve just felt it’s pointless

They have 2 and people just don’t use them. The concept 2 rower is much better.

Does anyone remember the photo she posted of her muscly shoulders after two weeks on the rower?

She would have been better buying a couple of ten quid kettlebells in my view.

• Haha
  • Heart
She says that her paid work of speaking and at festivals has dried up. Who actually bothers to employ her to speak at events? She has nothing new to add, why not get people that have current experience, foodbank managers and users for example.

And what exactly does she get paid to do at festivals? I really hope it's not singing.

@Veronicaaa, it's not you, she really does sound posh, especially when she says "it's ridic" instead of ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.