Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two millimetres of...fauna? Was the SEVERE SPLINTER actually some kind of tiny animal? Why does she insist on using words she clearly doesn't understand?
Why was their fauna in her son's room? 🤷 She said she got it moving stuff around, also I'd be at that piece of furniture with some sandpaper to stop the kid getting one.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
1. She had pop tarts for breakfast growing up. duck the five bedroom mansion, that's real rich witch vibes.

2. In that recipe she refers to having limited mobility in her hands :rolleyes: can't resist a little grift, can she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
1. She had pop tarts for breakfast growing up. duck the five bedroom mansion, that's real rich witch vibes.
I didn't even know what they were growing up! In the 90s I swear stuff like that was still imported and from the states and about as exotic and expensive as Reeses and Hersheys chocolate.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I read this article this morning, wondered how long it would take her to wade in with 'corrections'. Loads of her recipes say they serve 4+. View attachment 307641View attachment 307642
No harm love I grew up on a meter and always had a freezer. Having a meter doesn't not mean you can't have electric.

We always had electric and heat. My mum made sure or of it. When she got paid she got rent paid, food and then paid for heat and electric. Everything else had to wait. A treat for my mum to herself in those days was a chocolate bar.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
My fella used to have a metre in his flat. Hangover from when he was on the bones of his arse when he moved to the UK. One of my best friends still has one. No shame.

But just goes to show even though we all struggle to varying degrees, you will always find someone worse off than you are!

Morning Fraus. Outdoor exercise today. I've not worked out in.....ooh about 7 months. Hold me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Fauna. Omg 😭 I hadn't spotted that. Maybe it was a tiny little deer 🦌
So it’s all pesky Cooper’s fault! Did she not say he came home with fauna etc on his fur after, ahem, “going missing” on Bonfire Night....😱

Well at least she knows he can’t call out her bullshit...

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I love this one, Alan! Like a proper mask-off Jack.

2. In that recipe she refers to having limited mobility in her hands :rolleyes: can't resist a little grift, can she?
I think we should keep a note of which ailment she manages to crowbar into every recipe she autotweets. It's quite remarkable really, and you get a full gist of her Munchausen's by internet when these random recipes - written at different stages in her life - all have one or another reference to her health / accidents / etc. Speaking of which, I would have thought the rowing machine would be quite difficult to manoeuvre with "severed abdominal muscles".

And FINALLY what is the point of blending raw flour, cheese slices and milk together in a blender if you are then going to stick it in a pan to warm it? Why not just make it in the pan in the first place, then you won't have to clean your beloved blender and also you have the added benefit of possibly not tasting that 1 tbsp of raw flour 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
So it’s all pesky Cooper’s fault! Did she not say he came home with fauna etc on his fur after, ahem, “going missing” on Bonfire Night....😱

Well at least she knows he can’t call out her bullshit...
He came home with flora, fauna and a worm.

The worm must belong to a whole other classification system of its own.

Linnaeus must be turning in his grave.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I love this one, Alan! Like a proper mask-off Jack.

I think we should keep a note of which ailment she manages to crowbar into every recipe she autotweets. It's quite remarkable really, and you get a full gist of her Munchausen's by internet when these random recipes - written at different stages in her life - all have one or another reference to her health / accidents / etc. Speaking of which, I would have thought the rowing machine would be quite difficult to manoeuvre with "severed abdominal muscles".

And FINALLY what is the point of blending raw flour, cheese slices and milk together in a blender if you are then going to stick it in a pan to warm it? Why not just make it in the pan in the first place, then you won't have to clean your beloved blender and also you have the added benefit of possibly not tasting that 1 tbsp of raw flour 🤢
You’re quite right. A lot of people really injure their backs on rowing machines because they’re not engaging their core properly. Rowing is actually a leg and glute driven sport (most people think it’s arms 🙄) but you do need to strengthen the core so your lower back is not doing the grunt work in various phases of the drive.

Ex rower of 15 years - now duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Thank you for sending us a message, Kirsty - you are talking our language. Just let us know which receipts you require via your contacts on Twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
My fella used to have a metre in his flat. Hangover from when he was on the bones of his arse when he moved to the UK. One of my best friends still has one. No shame.

But just goes to show even though we all struggle to varying degrees, you will always find someone worse off than you are!

Morning Fraus. Outdoor exercise today. I've not worked out in.....ooh about 7 months. Hold me 😂
I don't understand why she wails to the sky, paws at the floor, rolls around in agony at the prospect of a meter? She was earning £28k when she had a meter, she could just chuck a few hundred on it and forget it exists...? Most of the flats I've ever rented had meters in, once they're in they're in init, I didn't contact the LL like darling I'm actually very comfortable pls remove it this isn't very good for my personal brand, don't want any company seeing it and thinking I'm a PEASANT!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
You’re quite right. A lot of people really injure their backs on rowing machines because they’re not engaging their core properly. Rowing is actually a leg and glute driven sport (most people think it’s arms 🙄) but you do need to strengthen the core so your lower back is not doing the grunt work in various phases of the drive.

Ex rower of 15 years - now duck off.
I would love to see her racing up and down the slide 😏.

I wonder if she has ever heard of a concept 2 ?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.