Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she was planning a blog post on her awesome sleep routine?

Not another pile of steaming horseshit, surely?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She's changed her bio AGAIN so that it no longer includes the ~feeding 3 on £20 a week~ thing
As others have said she is reading here tonight. Didn't get chance to post this afternoon but all this 'bacon' cannot be good for SB (MB) far too much salt. She really does need to get a job and off social media and maybe consider other couriers for sending, there is not just the Royal Mail. I AM OFF NOW.

Reactions: 25
The message has been sent to Trussell Trust. I thought it best not to mention Jack by name. I pointed out that a person with close links to them is advocating a £20 shop for 2 adults and one child for a week. Gave them enough information for them to be sure of who I am referring to, but said that if they wanted me to be explicit I would do so.

I went into detail about my experiences of poverty and of my voluntary work with local charities. I also mentioned how this undermined the good work that they, and our, charities are doing to raise awareness. I asked them to use their Nationwide profile to publicly refute this and to investigate the dangerously low nutritional values of the meals that are being advocated.

I suggested they might not wish to name this person but that they could give out more general information that opposes and disputes this dangerous and misleading message. I also suggested they should distance themselves from someone advocating such alarming, unhealthy, and unsafe very low-calorie meals devoid of nutritional value.

I wrote a bit more, but that is the gist of it. I will let you know their response.
Well done a very concise and measured email 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Apologies for quoting myself like a self-absorbed maverick tossbag but it just occurred to me that this might be some sort of euphemistic code for Mrs J? “Quick! Scurry home, my pretty one and I’ll give you a right good scritchin, so I will!”

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
3DE66CC0-9548-4FC9-969D-7DC93C5165D6.jpeg

No, Jack, not one of us would like a job where we could work from home (even outside of a pandemic), be invited to spout our uninformed opinions on TV and radio, be excused by publishers, producers and fans alike for being an unprepared shitshow even with a decade of experience, be paid handsomely to write books on a topic we purport to love, claim burnout from having to go to the Post Office occasionally or list tweeting a load of bollocks as legitimate work. There are people up and down the country losing jobs and livelihoods, but sure Jack, nooooobody would want the weight of your blessed existence on their shoulders 🙄.

So many people would KILL for a job where they could do the school run every day, be around for their kid as they sit doing their homework, not have to be rinsed for a season ticket for the commute, and all to be paid so much you lived in a beautiful (RENTED) detached home full of designer furniture, clothes and cookware. So many more talented and hardworking people are denied this because they’re not the social-climbing, shameless grift that she is. Not only is she a vile liar, she’s also an ungrateful one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
Wasn’t she compiling some files of information from poor people to write a book about 👀

Reactions: 24
No Jack, melting cheese slices is not groundbreaking (apart from maybe among your middle class Twitter following)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Capture.JPG

Sigh. You realise that you *chose* to have a baby. He's not responsible.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 93
Apologies for quoting myself like a self-absorbed maverick tossbag but it just occurred to me that this might be some sort of euphemistic code for Mrs J? “Quick! Scurry home, my pretty one and I’ll give you a right good scritchin, so I will!”
Just reading that gave me Vaginismus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
View attachment 307187

Sigh. You realise that you *chose* to have a baby. He's not responsible.
No offence but her pelvic floor is not just down to him. If she done her excercises after she had him she should be realtively ok. Especially if she had a c section.

I had children and I did my pelvic floor all the time still do when I wash up etc. I don't have any issues and I am about the same age as her.

Reactions: 28
So SB can’t have the nice cheese he has to have the smart price tasteless slice mushed in milk, presumably on two day old beetroot water pasta? 😰

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.