Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mind honestly boggles. All this talk of the Post Office, when only one squiggle has actually received anything they were supposed to receive from Jack so far. Her followers and customers are 100% likely to publically post upon receipt of an item. Is this all smoke and mirrors to make people feel like she's actually posting items?
It's so they know how HARD it is for Our Jack of Perpetual Ouchy to send things out to them - the walk to the post office on top of the 20,000 steps a day she does must be EXHAUSTING and that terrible ordeal only comes after she's had to address envelopes and pack the items with a BADLY infected splinter and SEVERE ADHD. If the SELFISH SQUIGGLES were kind, decent, caring people they'd send the money without demanding something in return.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
(I am a v v v bad sleeper)

I don’t understand how she finds it so hard to sleep when she perfected her routine, and promised to write it up. I’m fact, let’s have a read of it, oh no, wait, hang in....

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She's changed her bio AGAIN so that it no longer includes the ~feeding 3 on £20 a week~ thing
I wonder if that change was aimed at the haunted hams or this mysterious gang of bullies who've been giving her grief.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think we can safely say lockdown larder is over. and the frozen chippy chips are joined by an entire jar of black pepper and "can you make a cheesecake with cheese triangles?" in the museum of unanswered queries.

she just can't be arsed to do anything, can she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Must be from a very maverick seminar she attended:" how to engage with your customers".

I am very very much looking forward to 'Scholar JM'. Food Ethnologist, forensic historian shedding light on Victorian calory count etc...
She will do well in that area, with an honorary doctorate under her belt, years of expertise to build on and just lovely people wishing her success without being competitive. And as some of you might know- I despise irony.
That Post Office experience sounds genuine and I have not heard similar stories with that punchline before.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think we can safely say lockdown larder is over. and the frozen chippy chips are joined by an entire jar of black pepper and "can you make a cheesecake with cheese triangles?" in the museum of unanswered queries.

she just can't be arsed to do anything, can she?
Nobody asked for it in the first place, and barely anybody asked anything when she did it anyway. It's astounding when you think she has 287k followers. Yet people call her a hero and say she *helps so many*, where are these people she has helped? That's what I'd like to know. Where is somebody who got TCC in their food bank box and truly changed the way they handle their meals and food finance? Have we ever heard from someone like that? Or is it just Kathleen, 53 from the Cotswolds who is grateful to Jack for reminding her she needs a new bar of Imperial Leather?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.