Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been trying to check this to no avail, but am sure I remember that if you seek advice and do a budget with citizens advice they put £50 or so a week for food for a family of four, as that is about the least you can meet nutritional requirements on, not £20. This is also from a few years ago. This is still tight but doable with planning.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yes KS! Hope the article is widely circulated, people need their eyes opened and be alert when it comes to these greedy grifters. Jack Monroe was begging for donations because of 'lost work' in April saying things like "How will I pay my bills?!" Then continued throughout the spring and summer months posting the luxury household goods she was enjoying, shortly followed by the adoption of a sick kitten which she claimed to have more than enough funds to cover the vet expenses for. Oh and a luxury trip across the country. (Just the tip of the iceberg, for any new readers!)

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
But Jack...just like you said we shouldn't judge when a shopper has a trolley full of toilet roll, you don't know this person's circumstances. They might be cold and hungry and waiting to take out the last £1.50 from their PO account to go and buy a sandwich. They are impatient because you have been standing chatting about yourself instead of getting on with your postage. Anyway, no matter because this probably never happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
That article...Munchausens by internet!!!
Such an interesting read...suggestions of websites to visit.

Reactions: 30
sigh, then everyone clapped 🥴

anyway, are we ever going to see lockdown larder again? i'm this close to adding it to the list...

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Yeah, had this actually happened, she wouldn't be able to resist: JM as she sized herself up with fists clenched, to the small business person. The elderly man in the queue sided up to her and said her murdered eggs were delicious. And then everyone on the bus clapped.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
9F07AE8F-CBCF-4C8A-BE55-6629E28537A1.jpeg

Where was this compassion for the train social media people? The bank employee who wouldn’t take her tattoos as proof of ID? The place who couldn’t deliver her big special bed? Bugger off. Also, 24 hours and 17 minutes late for letdown larder, babe.

C1DADFE1-8820-4430-980E-ED28F82FF2D2.jpeg

M’Lud, I respectfully refer you to the tweets from TWO HOURS AGO about napping for 72hours.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.