Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Fruitjack I confess to engaging in a brief 🔺. If I've identified you correctly didn't you get a little in her niche by (perfectly reasonably) advising a squiggle on Letdown Larder some while back? This may have put you on her radar. A vindictive spirit could account for the rest of the story....

Apologies if the 🔺 is too much, and very willing to delete if asked.
You are right and apologies for having to read through all my tit! I’ve definitely seen her post since then though, so it’s belated if it’s from that.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
FRAU!!!!!!!! A super interesting turn of events. I've been blocked on Twitter! I wasn't yesterday morning! Yesterday afternoon, someone I follow on Twitter asked why soap was trending. I replied that I thought it may be due to a well known grifter asking about soap. The person said 'ah yes, I think I know who you mean, would the soap serve 4?' and I said yes. Someone who follows us mutually said 'do they have a Patreon?' and I said 'yes, and a tip jar, and poor people are donating to it'. That was more or less it. No name mentioned, not even just first name, no tagging in. (I don't think this was breaking any Tattle rules?). There's a lot of work gone in to triangulating me from that.

So much for that lengthy post about not letting people get to you.
I’ve never interacted with JM in my life on Twitter. Never interacted with squiggles or indeed anything else that is marginally related to her. I do view her account and I did follow her for a period before I became wise to her shenanigans. Today, she blocked me. 😂😅
View attachment 307011
I read somewhere something about block chains which automatically block certain accounts but I’m a technophyte that doesn’t particularly understand how that works.

Incidentally, it was a Twitter account that said they’d been blocked by Wor Jackie and a reply said about the block chain 😅 the first I’ve ever heard of them!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Block lists have set rules.

Examples (they could be anything, though):

Block anyone with fewer than X followers
Block anyone who mentions me X times but doesn't follow me
Block anyone who follows [twitter account]

• Wow
Reactions: 30
A pedant writes: The yeast she links to from the recipe itself is the standard dried variety. I have always understood that one would use somewhat more of that than one would of the easy blend (sachet) variety.
A pedant adds: But NOT half as much again!
I make my own bread, and that amount of flour would need no more of a teaspoon of yeast of either type. That amount of yeast would make it go crazy, and not taste very nice

Reactions: 23
I don't know about anyone else here but if I see a seller being Uber greedy with the stuff they are trying to sell then it puts me right off.

I get they need to make money and stuff but I don't like being ripped off. I stopped buying stuff because the seller for to heavy handed with the money side of it. Sell something at a decent price take your cut from that. Stop trying to make people pay over the odds for stuff it's not fair.

I also don't like when they are being super pushy with a sale all of her buy my stuff all over her site would instantly put me off. If I want something I will buy it. I don't need to be told fifty times to do it. In fact I would actually disallow affiliates links for advertising your own stuff as that is part of selling your product, doing it for other companies would be ok?;

Reactions: 15
Haha she can’t block me as I have blocked her long ago, got sick of her stupid dramas.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is bock a new word for a karate chop to the throat? 😂
Fixed it now.....though your comment will forever be a symbol of my shame. I have said it before how I am mortified when I spot a spelling mistake after the time allowed for edits. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Fixed it now.....though your comment will forever be a symbol of my shame. I have said it before how I am mortified when I spot a spelling mistake after the time allowed for edits. 😂
Don’t be mortified - we’ve all done it and I liked what the image of ‘bock’ brought to mind 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’ve never interacted with JM in my life on Twitter. Never interacted with squiggles or indeed anything else that is marginally related to her. I do view her account and I did follow her for a period before I became wise to her shenanigans. Today, she blocked me. 😂😅
View attachment 307011
Welcome to a not very exclusive club

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 306805
Commence ego inflation.

*puts Professor hat on*

In this era we see traditional shades of what some may call ‘Saint Jack’, some scholars are divided on whether this also encompasses echoes of ‘Eco Jack’, however the two have often been argued to co-exist.

Time will tell if ‘Persecuted Jack’ will appear when the promises go unfulfilled.
All I can think about is that James McEvoy film, ‘Split’. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.