Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never worn Brylcreem, even in my butch phase, which I am still going through I might add. Or am I femme, who cares? Who gives a duck if I wear Brylcreem or Harmony Hair Spray? Neither is an indicator of my gender or my sex.

Once again her Twitter vomit tonight showing how enlightened she is on gender politics. She spent all night proving her idea of gender roles can be reduced to what you wear, how you have your hair, or what fragrance you use. What a silly girl indeed.
I wear men's trainers, does that make me butch? Or am I quirky and not like the other girls? 🤔

(Spoiler - I've just got bloody wide feet)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Exactly. I know that kids have different tastes to adults. I was a really fussy eater as a child.

I grew out of that so in some respects I can understand him not eating the same as her.

But he just gets fed any old rubbish. He’s a guinea pig for her slop.
I was fussy, too, can totally get that. But her son apparently goes “wild” for all her weird other slop, so it’s not like he won’t try stuff (she says). My kids have got coronation chicken tomorrow, though it’s mostly just veg now, with leftovers from a homemade curry. I’ll put it in a tortilla wrap, with some salad and coriander. Like yeah it can be a pain doing the lunches, especially as I have more than one kid, 100% of the time, and actually have a job (I’M BUSY!!). The other week she gave her son the exact same lunches every day, cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches and a bag of gross maize snacks for five days straight, with slop for dinner 😖

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I’m guessing from the responses here that it is not the norm in England to throw a wet sandwich in a paper bag. I’m sorry for my ignorance as I’m a stupid American with no children, but we used sandwich bags, wax paper, parchment, etc. for sandwiches when I was growing up. I see now that Jack is just being a maverick 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I've never worn Brylcreem, even in my butch phase, which I am still going through I might add. Or am I femme, who cares? Who gives a duck if I wear Brylcreem or Harmony Hair Spray? Neither is an indicator of my gender or my sex.

Once again her Twitter vomit tonight showing how enlightened she is on gender politics. She spent all night proving her idea of gender roles can be reduced to what you wear, how you have your hair, or what fragrance you use. What a silly girl indeed.
I wear a smell with Pour Homme on the bottle. I didn't choose it or buy it.
I couldn't give a continental duck about it but Mrs TUIT likes it VERY much and it gets me the shift!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
WHYYYYY is she pretending she uses SmartPrice mayo when we know she has cases and cases of the stuff from the five figure Hellman’s shitshow job? Her compulsion to lie is like blinking for normal people - essential and unstoppable.
It's possible Hellmans came round and took their delicious mayo back after seeing what we can only loosely term Jack's efforts on their behalf.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Going slightly off topic here, but the conversation reminds me of soap on a rope (no, I did not eat these!)

ETA; I think that’s enough Gin for tonight!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m guessing from the responses here that it is not the norm in England to throw a wet sandwich in a paper bag. I’m sorry for my ignorance as I’m a stupid American with no children, but we used sandwich bags, wax paper, parchment, etc. for sandwiches when I was growing up. I see now that Jack is just being a maverick 😎
Yes - sandwich bags, grease proof paper or even just put it into a sandwich box.

The overly wet compost flavour filling will make that brown paper bag really soggy. Ditto - the bread itself.

Give the poor lad a posh cheese sarnie instead!

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.