Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When will she get over the fact that she knows what Bircher oats are? It's another of those words that once she hears it, she just overuses it. ribollita or puttanesca anyone?

My partner's father was a Cambridge Don (fancy 🔺) and did a stint at ETH Zurich with the whole family. I hadn't heard of bircher oats so when googling them I found out that they are a Swiss thing so asked them what they are like. Boring was the consensus and none of the family want to see bircher oats again.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I've just muted her on twitter. Genuinely don't want her ruining this moment of glorious happiness with her pathetic try hard dad jokes :sick: :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Canned peas, canned-bleeping-peas, lying about *this* induces feelings of being disingenuous. Ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 20
78B8CAD0-8FEF-468F-962F-B86DBF23EA60.jpeg

ETA - I’m not advocating for to be hit with a massive stereo, just to stop tweeting for a bit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
When will she get over the fact that she knows what Bircher oats are? It's another of those words that once she hears it, she just overuses it. ribollita or puttanesca anyone?

My partner's father was a Cambridge Don (fancy 🔺) and did a stint at ETH Zurich with the whole family. I hadn't heard of bircher oats so when googling them I found out that they are a Swiss thing so asked them what they are like. Boring was the consensus and none of the family want to see bircher oats again.
Im sick of seeing Bircher too. I had no idea what it was.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
There is currently a twitter argument going on with her former BFF Owen Jones regarding a certain feminist author Helen Lewis.... I give it about 40 minutes before she wades in on the TERF wars pretending she is the absolute expert.

Or PA could announce and we could have a newly coloured in election sheet with lots of nice blue and red hearts.

Either way it would prevent a fourth base picture 🤢.

ETA I spoke too soon. There is now something on Instagram. I don’t know what it is. It looks like it was meant to be a stew but lost its way somewhere between first and second base.
What would I give to troll her a bit but I am a)unlike her a decent person b)in line with Tattle regulations

Anyway, I am getting the crisps out.
Did I actually miss anything that she apparently NOT get into a fully fledged war with JKR? And if not, how come? Was the debate too complex?

Reactions: 12
She's wrong, semi skimmed milk makes just as good a custard just not as rich as full fat. It's milk, it's properties are the same. They're no need whatsoever too make a white sauce, it doesn't work like that, you need eggs to set it.
I'm vegan and I know this. She's clueless.

Reactions: 27
Aargh, I like Bircher muesli but I make my own with fresh grated apple and lemon juice, raw oats, plain yogurt and nuts and fresh fruit if available. Could use nice apple juice to put on oats if you don’t have any apple to grate. It was originally a light meal prescribed by Swiss Doctor Bircher many many years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don’t give a stuff about how you live your life, Jack, just the people who send you money.
8FCCBF48-42EC-40B2-8556-38F6EA550B1C.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
It's weird that she swings from 'taking no notice' to 'police and legal action' but ALL the while reading every post that's written here lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Im sick of seeing Bircher too. I had no idea what it was.
I like and eat Bircher on a regular basis. Grated apple, raisins, milk and walnuts. It is healthy and filling and cheap but, god beware, why should I take a pic of that!!? Not exactly a picturesque dish but, trust me, mine looks better than JMs, and I don't serve it in a container that looks like a bedpan.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.