Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I thought she scampered around in her thermals to keep warm?
That was when she was in poor little urchin Jack mode, freezing cold and rattling the tip jar.

She's now in rich affluent Jack mode. Her ideal state.

Stop flexing about the size of your fridge you £20 shop wanker.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
The fridge organisation may have come in handy when she was alone and found that random egg in the fridge door. Would also limit the incidents of finding manky old veg in the back of the fridge, which half her recipes are based on

I get the feeling that this was L’s idea (as Jack is the permanently disorganised hoarder). That or she’s setting up another situation to slag L off over when she misjudges the imminence of a carrot

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 14.14.12.png

ahh great, an almost completely unintelligible filing system for your ingredients, to be used by the novice cook you are training.

Please insert slow hand clap here.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Didn’t she go out on a sort of date in the summer, 40 miles away and booked two restaurants? Also, assuming it’s not the c4 ex, how secure is it for children to have an ever-changing cast of ‘friends’ living under the roof? And also, isn’t this the very reason that she claims is why she simply SHAN’T have a lodger? Lies, lies and lies..

Reactions: 57
View attachment 302543

ahh great, an almost completely unintelligible filing system for your ingredients, to be used by the novice cook you are training.

Please insert slow hand clap here.
But she doesn’t cook the onion first anyway. She bungs it all in together so why bother calling it first base?

oh yes, because it is a crude joke she thinks is funny but is actually something a thirteen year-old would say after necking a bottle of 20/20 in the park.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
@Silver Linings - thank you for your hard work screenshotting everything. I cannot keep up!

Jack - try going a month without using the word "sling". I dare you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
more controlling nonsense, labelling the fridge stuff.

View attachment 302523

And her kitchen is always hot? But I thought she was freezing cold like Bob Crachit?

Also she has a whole fridge for JUST fruit and veg?! what!?
I did not see much fruit and veg in her ASDA shop, has she drastically changed her diet?
With that bungalow feeling like a sauna I am so glad the coven got that poor woman her heating money back, she might want to live in a warm flat herself, maybe not a sauna but not freezing cold.
Gosh, imagine she reads this..plus all the butter in abundance dishes.. I am angry!!!!!!
No mention of bills waiting to be paid anymore. She is worse than I thought.

Reactions: 38
@kachoochoo The base system will be in the next book, one for the list.

Not sure how it'll fit into a searing collection of political essays about poverty, but who am I to judge?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.