Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off-topic a bit but my neighbour has a birthday on Sunday and is such a lovely person. Had to send her daughter off to a relative as she works for the NHS and wanted to protect her, in case. Misses her like crazy and I want to cheer her up. I'm not the best cake baker in the world but want to bake a nice cake. I have eggs, flour, chocolate, peanut butter, sugar and bits and bobs. Any recommends?
Ooh you could call in to radio 2 this afternoon and ask Jack herself! They usually do the ‘ask a cook’ bit sometime between 4.30 and 5.30 pm
Failing that, why don’t you make a choc sponge and fill it and / or ice it with a a peanut buttercream?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Off-topic a bit but my neighbour has a birthday on Sunday and is such a lovely person. Had to send her daughter off to a relative as she works for the NHS and wanted to protect her, in case. Misses her like crazy and I want to cheer her up. I'm not the best cake baker in the world but want to bake a nice cake. I have eggs, flour, chocolate, peanut butter, sugar and bits and bobs. Any recommends?
Google 3 ingredient cookies lots of ideas for simple but delicious bakes!

Reactions: 7
Have a look at The Hummingbird Bakery recipes. They always work.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone else feel slightly uncomfortable at all the negative references to her partner? I'm guessing she would say it's all in jest but there always seems to be a reason to blame something on her. So far just today I've seen moans about the bookcases (she can't buy one more), the Internet, her laptop etc.
It’s an insidious, low level form of control (in my opinion). Toxic as duck. Whenever Jack’s not getting her way about something at home she takes to twitter for backup and arse licking.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Ooh you could call in to radio 2 this afternoon and ask Jack herself! They usually do the ‘ask a cook’ bit sometime between 4.30 and 5.30 pm
Failing that, why don’t you make a choc sponge and fill it and / or ice it with a a peanut buttercream?
Thanks so much for the great idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Lol the sentence doesn’t even make sense.

So, Mrs J can connect but nobody else? That means the internet is working it might just have had a problem and disconnect. Reset the router and bag! It’ll work again for her. It’s all rubbish and tit out of her mouth, I can’t believe anyone believes this crap.

Reactions: 9
Anyone else feel slightly uncomfortable at all the negative references to her partner? I'm guessing she would say it's all in jest but there always seems to be a reason to blame something on her. So far just today I've seen moans about the bookcases (she can't buy one more), the Internet, her laptop etc.
It's the lack of identity that gets to me too, she has her own name and isn't known as Mrs Jack

Reactions: 12
It’s an insidious, low level form of control (in my opinion). Toxic as duck. Whenever Jack’s not getting her way about something at home she takes to twitter for backup and arse licking.
See, I did think that, but then thought I'd imagined it. Like a Facebook post that says "I've had a bad day" and then lots of "oh what's wrong?" comments. Usually followed by "I'll pm you hun". I just don't like it. I wouldn't appreciate a partner talking like that about me anywhere let alone a public platform with thousands of followers. It's a bit embarrassing.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
See, I did think that, but then thought I'd imagined it. Like a Facebook post that says "I've had a bad day" and then lots of "oh what's wrong?" comments. Usually followed by "I'll pm you hun". I just don't like it. I wouldn't appreciate a partner talking like that about me anywhere let alone a public platform with thousands of followers. It's a bit embarrassing.
I wonder why Louisa doesn't rein Jack in about it? Must be a bit of whispering behind Louisas back at Channel 4 about her gobby girlfriend no?

Reactions: 9
Google 3 ingredient cookies lots of ideas for simple but delicious bakes!
I’d go for shortbread. She can eat some and maybe take it to work. If she’s home alone a whole cake may go to waste. Could go fancy and dip half of each finger in choc.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’d go for shortbread. She can eat some and maybe take it to work. If she’s home alone a whole cake may go to waste. Could go fancy and dip half of each finger in choc.
This is a good idea. My Nan makes a whole cake and freezes portions with greaseproof paper inbetween. I've never noticed a slice that was frozen. The frosting works well too.

Reactions: 8
This gave me a good laugh, what a short memory she has.
Also another hint towards the idea she has no money. Priorities really. Can you afford to spend £60 revamping a shed in the midst of a pandemic? Or do you need that £60 to feed your family or pay your Internet bill? Internet that you already knew was shoddy thanks to last weeks endeavours.

What a great idea. Thank you so much. Lots of fabulous ideas today.
Some of these may seem a bit fussy with the steps but they always work. If you ever have the chance to visit the bakery, please do.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.