Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh and, if you decide on the shortbread, this is my favourite shortbread recipe, though does call for cornflour.

I tend to ignore the vanilla pod though and use a bit of vanilla extract, or leave it out altogether (probs would if I was dipping in choc). They actually melt in the mouth.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not a peep about the shitshed cooking.

Oh and, if you decide on the shortbread, this is my favourite shortbread recipe, though does call for cornflour.

I tend to ignore the vanilla pod though and use a bit of vanilla extract, or leave it out altogether (probs would if I was dipping in choc). They actually melt in the mouth.
I actually have cornflour as I bake shortbread at Christmas with cornflour, icing sugar, flour and butter. Bit fancy vanilla pods no (joking)? I'm tempted to spend the day baking everything everyone has shared with me. Have just done the snail/slug round up (bleurg) so baking sounds like fun.

Reactions: 9
Not a peep about the shitshed cooking.

I actually have cornflour as I bake shortbread at Christmas with cornflour, icing sugar, flour and butter. Bit fancy vanilla pods no (joking)? I'm tempted to spend the day baking everything everyone has shared with me. Have just done the snail/slug round up (bleurg) so baking sounds like fun.
I have some *evil* looking slugs in my garden this year. Proper grim looking orange and black massive beasties. I'm normally pretty relaxed about their look, but these ones are very upsetting.

Reactions: 5
Off-topic a bit but my neighbour has a birthday on Sunday and is such a lovely person. Had to send her daughter off to a relative as she works for the NHS and wanted to protect her, in case. Misses her like crazy and I want to cheer her up. I'm not the best cake baker in the world but want to bake a nice cake. I have eggs, flour, chocolate, peanut butter, sugar and bits and bobs. Any recommends?
Someone has probably already suggested this but have you tried chocolate peanut butter brownies? I've made them a few times and they have been a success (I'm not the greatest baker either ;))

• Heart
Reactions: 6
2 minestrone soup recipes:

I know which one I would eat.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have some *evil* looking slugs in my garden this year. Proper grim looking orange and black massive beasties. I'm normally pretty relaxed about their look, but these ones are very upsetting.
Big fat orange ones right? I think those are the spanish ones https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/gardeningadvice/9570862/Slimy-and-savage-the-Spanish-slug.html

Someone has probably already suggested this but have you tried chocolate peanut butter brownies? I've made them a few times and they have been a success (I'm not the greatest baker either ;))
I actually googled peanut butter chocolate cake and there are some pretty wicked looking ones out there.
1588158311891.png

Not sure I could pull this off with my baking skills

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
So she originally said she would be doing “something” on (last) Monday 10:00-10:45 a.m., then we got the shed makeover, and now it’s all gone a bit quiet. Maybe the practicalities of filming in a dark shed (without electric?) are finally beginning to hit home.

Reactions: 8
More made up stuff to demonstrate what an 😇 she is. If she’d ever been in a women’s refuge and seen the kitchen she’d know it’s hardly somewhere where you’re going to get out a recipe book and spend hours cooking.
I was going to say "she has been in a women's refuge and the roof fell down on her and her child's heads" but then I remembered that "happened"/happened to Cash Calloway. I wonder why I muddled them up......

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Off-topic a bit but my neighbour has a birthday on Sunday and is such a lovely person. Had to send her daughter off to a relative as she works for the NHS and wanted to protect her, in case. Misses her like crazy and I want to cheer her up. I'm not the best cake baker in the world but want to bake a nice cake. I have eggs, flour, chocolate, peanut butter, sugar and bits and bobs. Any recommends?
I find the Texas Sheet Cake recipes are good as you can make a few of them in square cake pans so one would be suitable for a person on their own. I use the Homesick Texan one. Can make buttermilk by adding vinegar or lemon juice to milk. I have also made a peanut butter version,

Reactions: 3
Do her Patreon supporters get exclusive content? I couldn’t imagine being booked & busy as she is, BBC show here / radio slot there, and still asking for tips...

Like it’d be fair enough if there was added value like a lot of podcasts do ad free episodes or early drops / exclusive subscriber content which is mutually beneficial for fans and creators but like... just donating to a comfortable woman is weird. Isn’t £5k two months worth of the net median salary in this country?

Reactions: 4
Ungh, that's the sort of thing. Mine are less bright orange though. I say mine, I do not claim them in any way.
God my cat is always bringing in slugs/ worms etc from outside dreading her finding one of these 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Ok, I should stop posting cake recipes, but I have just been on Instagram and Nigella has shared these today:

I'd forgotten about them, but they used to be my standby chocolate cupcake. She says in her Instagram post you can substitute the jam with marmalade for chocolate-orange cupcakes, and I am pretty sure I have done them with raspberry jam as chocolate and raspberry is a fine combination. Appreciate jam wasn't on the original ingredient list, but they are so good I felt the need to share with the group.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
2 minestrone soup recipes:

I know which one I would eat.
Yet another recipe that showcases Jacks *crazy quirky weird* mind. Here's an idea...why don't you just chop the vegetables before you heat the oil?? HOW IS THIS WOMAN PAID TO WRITE RECIPES.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Well if you can afford, laptops, tablets and all the other tech tit you state you own then you can well afford your bills.

View attachment 119082
She can pay this bill through her company, though. She can also expense part of her WiFi (we were advised you say what % of its use is business only, obviously no one in 2020 can pretend they’d only have WiFi for business use thus claim 100%). You can even claim gas, electric, office furniture, stoves for YouTube videos, the works. Like this really is no big deal at all she needs to calm down and call her accountant x

Reactions: 8
She can pay this bill through her company, though. She can also expense part of her WiFi (we were advised you say what % of its use is business only, obviously no one in 2020 can pretend they’d only have WiFi for business use thus claim 100%). You can even claim gas, electric, office furniture, stoves for YouTube videos, the works. Like this really is no big deal at all she needs to calm down and call her accountant x
"Accountant" - that's a bit *fancy* - don't you know how poor she is? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Konditor & Cook curly whirly cake I think is the best out there although is pretty basic. I can't click on that red magazine link as Hurst magazines are a terrible organisation :LOL:

I want to say I can't believe she hasn't at least paused her patron, but of course she's still hoovering up peoples money.

1588159437444.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Yet another recipe that showcases Jacks *crazy quirky weird* mind. Here's an idea...why don't you just chop the vegetables before you heat the oil?? HOW IS THIS WOMAN PAID TO WRITE RECIPES.
I like to pretend I’m a tv chef, so my food is ‘Mise en Place’. I live for a tub of weighed out herbs.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.