Jack Grealish #26 finally managed to score a goal, next time stick it in my hole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah we've all done it, but we're not being paid 230k a week to kick a ball around having cost our employer £100m 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Yeah we've all done it, but we're not being paid 230k a week to kick a ball around having cost our employer £100m 🤣
Also don't footballers get quite a lot of down time? I know he's playing CL now but even so I don't think they train for hours and hours. He has plenty to time to shop for trashy jewellery, eat out etc. he's just expected to not drink to excess or do drugs.

Reactions: 8
Poor Jack is taking it tight on Talksport again.

He really needs to improve his behaviour off the pitch and start playing well again. I feel like he could lose all respect soon if he doesn’t 😢

Reactions: 3
He's been doing well the past few matches. I know the goals haven't always been there, but his overall play has been improving loads and it felt like he was building up to a big performance.

I hope that being dropped for Newcastle and all the media coverage doesn't stop his momentum and hit his confidence.

Personally i think the media is going overboard on it. they make me laugh sometime though the media because they pick and choose who to zone in on yes pep said what he said but do they go this overboard when others do it ie maddison ect no its just cz they know people will click on there things cz its jack grealish.

also i think he was cuddled alot at villa because hes villa through and through and he kind of knew what ever he did he would always start (baring the odd time) hes got to get use to the fact that there is a world class/quality player as a backup at city. i just think hes adjusting and there are going to be learning curves.

This is just the media knocking him down after they built him up in the summer. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: 7
Nah, I don't think you can blame the media. the media doesn't make him relentlessly cheat on his girlfriend and get found out. the media didn't make him break lockdown, tailgate drivers, and drive dangerously under the influence. And the media didn't make him go out and get trashed and be incapable of training. he did that and they reported the news.

Of course, being on this thread I fancy the arse off him. but he's royally bleeping up and it's his fault and nobody else's

Reactions: 25
Nah, I don't think you can blame the media. the media doesn't make him relentlessly cheat on his girlfriend and get found out. the media didn't make him break lockdown, tailgate drivers, and drive dangerously under the influence. And the media didn't make him go out and get trashed and be incapable of training. he did that and they reported the news.

Of course, being on this thread I fancy the arse off him. but he's royally bleeping up and it's his fault and nobody else's
Amen sis

Reactions: 5

His actions are his actions and no-one else is making him do what he does. That's on him.

But guaranteed, Jack and Phil aren't the only Premier League footballers who've had a big night out this season and been worse for wear afterwards. They probably weren't even the only ones that night.

Pep chose to share it with the media. It could have easily been kept in-house, dismissed as rotation or resting them or even just "the other players did better in training this week". He chose to publicly highlight that it was a behaviour issue, presumably because he was very displeased and thought some negative publicity would teach the pair of them a lesson (I have my doubts as to if it will, but I guess we'll see...).

The fact that the media are still talking about it several days after it came out is symptomatic of the build up/tear down approach that they use for most celebrities. It being the week City went top of the league probably adds an extra incentive to try to find some drama in the camp.

Three things are needed for this to be the big story it is - 1) Jack acts a little moronic, 2) Pep thinks public admonishment is the best way to deal with it, 3) the media sees a narrative that will get people engaging with their content, and choose to keep the conversation going.

Of course the whole thing starts with Jack. But it gets the coverage it does - way more than players who do worse things but are less famous outside of football - because of who he is and the profile he has.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Also, I don’t see anyone blaming the media, it’s more so this money-grabbing culture as a whole in society that’s the issue and creating the unobtainable. I said they were knocking him down, which they are after they absolutely blew smoke up his arse across the entire Euros.

The media did absolutely make him have a tit load of hype that he didn’t have prior to the Euros by positioning him the way they did and having him feature the way that they have. He also knew it would happen hence his eagerness to make it in the Euros, he knew it would make in his career in terms of helping to shape a move, help negotiate a better contract, cause sponsorships to roll right in.

And what we all need to remember is said this coverage was post lockdown 2020 after his biggest duck up at the time.

Annnnd it was….

Post Tenerife all those years ago.
Post tit driving ban and fine after fine.
Post binging episode after the playoffs.
Post story in the hotel

They know exactly what they are doing with Jack. He is typical tabloid fodder. He’s young, rich, good looking and doesn’t know how to act and more importantly he sells papers and gives the clicks keeping them all in these kinds jobs.

I’m not excusing him, I’m just calling it as I see it and it’s the same old, same old. He isn’t the first, he won’t be the last but how many more commentators who cannot relate as they haven’t really ever been in his position are going to continually and personally insult him. You’re telling me if they were in his shoes they wouldn’t duck about? Half of these people commenting didn’t have his talent and certainly weren’t earning the type of money he does.

Things like TalkSPORT are just as bad as the Sun and Daily Mail. They thrive on baiting fans to call in and get them money.

Reactions: 10
Also, I don’t see anyone blaming the media, it’s more so this money-grabbing culture as a whole in society that’s the issue and creating the unobtainable. I said they were knocking him down, which they are after they absolutely blew smoke up his arse across the entire Euros.

The media did absolutely make him have a tit load of hype that he didn’t have prior to the Euros by positioning him the way they did and having him feature the way that they have. And what we all need to remember is said coverage was post lockdown 2020 after his biggest duck up at the time.

Annnnd it was….

Post Tenerife all those years ago.
Post tit driving ban and fine after fine.
Post binging episode after the playoffs.
Post story in the hotel

They know exactly what they are doing with Jack. He is typical tabloid fodder. He’s young, rich, good looking and doesn’t know how to act and more importantly he sells papers and gives the clicks keeping them all in these kinds jobs.

I’m not excusing him, I’m just calling it as I see it and it’s the same old, same old. He isn’t the first, he won’t be the last but how many more commentators who cannot relate as they haven’t really ever been in his position are going to continually and personally insult him. You’re telling me if they were in his shoes they wouldn’t duck about? Half of these people commenting didn’t have his talent and certainly weren’t earning the type of money he does.

Things like TalkSPORT are just as bad as the Sun and Daily Mail. They thrive on baiting fans to call in and get them money.
oh yeah, he's box office. he'll sell papers, he'll get clicks. But he's giving them an endless supply of material. But there are loads of sports stars who don't behave like he does - even within his own team. He knows Gareth isn't his greatest fan and now he knows Pep is pissed off with him. So if he doesn't take lessons from that then he's an idiot and will the architect of his own downfall. I hope he comes back in 2022 determined to show what he can do.

oh yeah, he's box office. he'll sell papers, he'll get clicks. But he's giving them an endless supply of material. But there are loads of sports stars who don't behave like he does - even within his own team. He knows Gareth isn't his greatest fan and now he knows Pep is pissed off with him. So if he doesn't take lessons from that then he's an idiot and will the architect of his own downfall. I hope he comes back in 2022 determined to show what he can do.
It’s hardly an endless supply of material (I’m taking in the context of the recent stuff in 2021). It’s the same story regurgitated for about a week and then it goes away because the clicks drop off and sales dry up.

The Emily stuff was pushed and pushed and pushed until it became a shrivelled up dry sponge. The same will happen with this club story. Wish someone would buy someone for £101 million and then it’d be over with.

Haaland where you at? Hurry up and sign for someone will ya?

For all my Stonesy lovers in the house...

"Do they call it the beautiful game because you play it?" 😂

Couldn't get Jack on here, obviously. Wouldn't understand what was going on, would try to shag her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
9CE2DA1E-5395-4CCE-A106-48253231530E.png

The clearly got this from Tattle😂😂 - pretty sure someone mentioned it the other day that Jack liked her pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.