Jack Edwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Main thought is he has no chance of getting into Oxford when he reapplies with a scraped 1st.
He did keep using COVID as an excuse, maybe he'll play on that when he reapplies? I honestly wouldn't have thought it would matter whether he got a low first or a high 1st, but like we keep saying, maybe it's the low first and the disorganised approach to work + bad attitude? Let's hope he applies to more than one university this time round anyway. Holly Gabrielle done the same thing when she applied to medicine - put all of her eggs into the Cambridge basket and ended up disappointed.

Reactions: 2
Has he addressed why he has free accommodation in London yet?
I don't blame him for taking it per se, London is pricey and I'm sure it's a lot of pressure moving there. BUT... he's not a student. I couldn't imagine anything worse than living with students if I wasn't one. Also, imagine going into student accommodation with someone who wasn't a student and was getting it for free. I'd be pretty annoyed.

Reactions: 9
i think if he wants to get into Oxford he needs to do more to strengthen his application outside of his channel. It’s competitive enough as it is, and he doesn’t really do that much to stand out professionally??? Yes he has a good following but that doesn’t necessarily speak for his academic or professional skill set outside of social media

Reactions: 6
I personally like Jack and I've followed him for a while now but his recent lack of social distancing has made me lose some respect for him. I can understand him meeting up with his girlfriend (I haven't seen my own boyfriend in 5 months so I can sympathise with how he feels), yet since he's moved to London he's been meeting up with different people almost every day it seems. In his most recent Instagram story, Eve Cornwell is at his flat dying his hair, with no social distancing or even masks involved.

I know at this point, many people are no longer social distancing and naturally won't be attacked for it because they don't have a social media presence but as someone with a platform which are often aimed at teenagers/young adults, I thought YouTubers might take it upon themselves not to post stories like that. Honestly, I'm surprised his management haven't called him up on it because Sixteenth (his management company) literally have 'good influence' as their title on their website.

I realise I'm probably being harsh on Jack because like I said, many others are doing the same, and worse, in terms of social distancing but as someone with a platform, I feel he, and others, need to be called out.

Reactions: 10
Completely agree @Kcn, if they're willing to put that video on their insta stories they're surely breaking other rules and simply not broadcasting it.

The more breaking the rules is normalised by everyone - and especially people with thousands of followers - the more fucked we all are a few weeks/months down the line.

Reactions: 10
Not meaning to defend him but I think in some cases it's not meaning to break rules, but people no longer know what they are. I get social distancing and the basics but my family and I were saying we have lost track of who we are and arent allowed to see. Are bubbles still a thing? if so that contradicts the government wanting people back to work and also eating out etc. A recent study found it's gone from over 90% of people knowing the rules to something like 20 or 30%.

Not meaning to defend him but I think in some cases it's not meaning to break rules, but people no longer know what they are. I get social distancing and the basics but my family and I were saying we have lost track of who we are and arent allowed to see. Are bubbles still a thing? if so that contradicts the government wanting people back to work and also eating out etc. A recent study found it's gone from over 90% of people knowing the rules to something like 20 or 30%.
I see what you mean about the finer points of the rules (like keeping track of whether you need a mask in a cinema at present), but everyone should know that you still need to keep your distance from people outside your support bubble. And your support bubble is also quite simple - who you live with, optionally plus one person who lives alone.

That's the simplest part of the rules, imo, so nobody should plead ignorance to that particular aspect.

I just find Jack so cringeworthy. I mean, he seems like a nice enough lad, but he's so cheesy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Love this. It's time bloggers, vloggers and influencers are held to account

It’s been speculated on beauty spectrum‘s thread that unite were the ones who paid her £10k plus she got to live there, so how much did jack get on top of not paying anything for it? I’ll never get these oxbridge and ”elite“ studytubers who would never live in these types of accommodation and advertise clearing apps they’d never use, it’s really poor taste

Reactions: 3
I’m sure it was unite that paid her that much, especially as she definitely hated every minute.
Jack is constantly plug plug plug at the moment. It’s boring and irritating..

Reactions: 1
Exceptions to the mask law include people with disabilities, and influencers who want to mouth words for instagram 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Screenshot_20200806-225436.png

Much like exceptions to the social distancing law include front line NHS staff, and influencers who want to have a laugh dying each other's hair.

Exceptions to the mask law include people with disabilities, and influencers who want to mouth words for instagram 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

View attachment 204143

Much like exceptions to the social distancing law include front line NHS staff, and influencers who want to have a laugh dying each other's hair.
Also, he was touching the books and I think he signed one of them. In the Waterstones (I think that's the bookshop he's in) near me, as soon as you've even touched a book, it has to go onto a trolley to be cleaned before it can be put back on display. I don't know if this is the case everywhere but either way, he probably should have known not to touch the books and then put them straight back.

Reactions: 4
His tweet was so passive aggressive, yeah it’s not as bad as having a party or not wearing a mask at all, but we’re in a pandemic, people have a right to be concerned. Also note the way he ignored his lack of social distancing with eve cornwell and the criticism about unite students.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.