J.K. Rowling #5 JK and the (Dis)order of the TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It always makes me laugh when they censor her name. Isn’t there a very famous book series about fear of the name increasing the fear of the thing itself?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm assuming that the person with the prosthetic leg was referencing the fact that Strike has a prosthetic leg. Sounds like they were taking the piss and the person who was ranting about JKR missed the joke?

It seems like the prosthetic leg is one of the many things that anti-fans have hooked into as being fake or unbelievable in the story (though I'm guessing they didn't actually read the books). I've read the whole Strike series, and I don't feel that way about his character at all. She does make mention of his care routines and feelings about being an amputee--and when he pushes himself too far. Even though she is not an amputee herself, I do think she has some insight into mobility issues because if I remember correctly her mother had MS. I don't think all of her views are perfect, but do I think she shouldn't have included an amputee as her main character because she herself isn't an authority on what it would be like to live as an amputee? No, the world needs more main characters who are different and have disabilities. I applaud her for getting inside his mind and writing the books anyway.

*If you are an amputee and have read these books, how did you feel about it?

I apologize if I'm reading too much into that comment, just trying to understand the logic behind haters and anti-fans.

Reactions: 10
It always makes me laugh when they censor her name. Isn’t there a very famous book series about fear of the name increasing the fear of the thing itself?
Yes, I like to read hp fan fiction and some writers leave a note that says they don’t support JKR’s and her terf ways…the mental gymnastics is sometimes painful with these ones, not to mention those heartfelt tumblr post, that HP belongs to the fans and not to R*wling…her bank account would probably think differently 😂😂

Reactions: 12
Yes, I like to read hp fan fiction and some writers leave a note that says they don’t support JKR’s and her terf ways…the mental gymnastics is sometimes painful with these ones, not to mention those heartfelt tumblr post, that HP belongs to the fans and not to R*wling…her bank account would probably think differently 😂😂
I've heard of people getting rid of their HP collections because they 'understand how problematic' JK is and they don't agree with her views. The only things they have now is a single copy of every book (including the books set in the world) and HP merch given to them as presents as they personally didn't spend money on said merch 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Strike Series 1 adaptation for The Cuckoo's Calling was good, I liked the characters, looking forward to seeing the next one after reading the book. Understandably the tv adaptation chopped and condensed some of the book to fit into 3 episodes but my husband also enjoyed it despite not reading the book.

I don't usually read crime detective books but I can see the Strike series getting me into the genre more.

You are in for such a treat, I'm actually jealous you have all that great material ahead of you. The books just get better and better, the plotting gets more layered and complex in each book. The character arcs for Strike and Robin are great too.

The TV adaptations are very good too. There is always an element of trying to condense the books when adapting for TV, but it works , mainly because of how good Tom Burke and Holliday Grainger are as Strike and Robin. Holliday is particularly brilliant as Robin ❤🥵🔥

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've heard of people getting rid of their HP collections because they 'understand how problematic' JK is and they don't agree with her views. The only things they have now is a single copy of every book (including the books set in the world) and HP merch given to them as presents as they personally didn't spend money on said merch 😂
My 21 year son recently said 'it's a shame we're not allowed to like Harry Potter anymore'.

Bollocks to that, I love JK more than ever now - thank God at least one person in the public eye is willing to stand up for women's rights.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
"Too old to know better?" Depressing

Again, it's not even so much that they spoke up, it's how they did it. They threw JK Rowling under a bus, Watson in particular
I think the reality is that they are actually old enough to know better

• Heart
So faux feminist Emma 'up her arse' Watson is now dating billionaire Sir Philip Green's son 🤨 yes thats right the bastard who cost this country billions, stole pensions and didn't pay tax. A thief and a crook.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
So faux feminist Emma 'up her arse' Watson is now dating billionaire Sir Philip Green's son 🤨 yes thats right the bastard who cost this country billions, stole pensions and didn't pay tax. A thief and a crook.
Dating Philip Green’s son, looking like a twit at the Earthshot Prize and she wouldn’t be doing either (with a fat bank balance) if it wasn’t for JK.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Dating Philip Green’s son, looking like a twit at the Earthshot Prize and she wouldn’t be doing either (with a fat bank balance) if it wasn’t for JK.
That dress is hideous. To be fair Emma has a good figure but that outfit does her no favours at all.

Reactions: 10
I love JKR and the Strike series is amazing, hope she writes 10 more!

Emma Watson is apparently vile by all accounts, she has had sooooo many boyfriends she obviously has a personality that’s hard to deal with long term.

Reactions: 7
I love JKR and the Strike series is amazing, hope she writes 10 more!

Emma Watson is apparently vile by all accounts, she has had sooooo many boyfriends she obviously has a personality that’s hard to deal with long term.
I'm on the last one and simultaneously don't want it to end and can't wait to find out what happens!

Reactions: 5
I’m thinking of listening to the Strike audiobooks again from the start - I wish there was a new Strike book to read!

Reactions: 6
I loved reading all the Strike books. I was just looking into when the next one was released and was just thinking how ironic it is that the trans movement want to cancel JK Rowling!

She wrote her first Harry Potter novels under a non gendered name, JK Rowling could be either masculine or feminine, and she recreated herself as a writer using a male name of Robert Galbraith!
So she is openly publicising the idea of people not needing to worry about being male or female to succeed!

Of course it could also be to do with the fact that male authors traditionally do better than female....but......

I think I'm going to get myself a copy of The Christmas Pig, the cover pulls me in. Christmas trees and adventure!

1634646199946.png

I loved reading all the Strike books. I was just looking into when the next one was released and was just thinking how ironic it is that the trans movement want to cancel JK Rowling!

She wrote her first Harry Potter novels under a non gendered name, JK Rowling could be either masculine or feminine, and she recreated herself as a writer using a male name of Robert Galbraith!
So she is openly publicising the idea of people not needing to worry about being male or female to succeed!

Of course it could also be to do with the fact that male authors traditionally do better than female....but......
Are you suggesting authors can write from perspectives other than those of their own 'lived experience'? I am shocked. :ROFLMAO:
I think JK needs to have a conversation with Sebastian Faulks about the ability to use one's imagination while writing characters.

I’m thinking of listening to the Strike audiobooks again from the start - I wish there was a new Strike book to read!
I’ve done this a few times! They stand up to multiple listens, I always notice something different each time. JK is a genius.

I just saw this and thought this was a joke, or photoshopped, so I searched for the video myself. (Spoiler: It isn’t a joke and it’s not photoshopped)

1635494187095.jpeg

Eyeroll emoji reaction Tattle, pleeeeease!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I just saw this and thought this was a joke, or photoshopped, so I searched for the video myself. (Spoiler: It isn’t a joke and it’s not photoshopped)

View attachment 835050
Eyeroll emoji reaction Tattle, pleeeeease!

Absolutely unbelievable. I'd love to know what most people would make of that given the average person on the street is probably totally unaware of the twitter based lunacy and won't have any idea that JK Rowling has committed all of these grievous crimes against the trans community.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Our local library has big Harry Potter display for Halloween and half term, she is sooo not cancelled in the real world!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The TRAs can try to cancel her as much as they want but she's too much of a literary giant for that. She'll be remembered long after we're all gone and her books will have enduring popularity so cry harder, TRAs

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.