J.K. Rowling #5 JK and the (Dis)order of the TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My first time trying to create a linked thread so hopefully it's worked.

This is a thread to talk about anything Rowling - from her books and their adaptations, to her political/activism views, to the woman in general.

Congratulations to @HockyRorror for the winning title!

Reactions: 9
As per the Trans Murder Monitoring Project (https://transrespect.org/en/tmm-update-tdor-2020/), in 2020:
  • 350 trans and gender-diverse people were murdered, 6% more than in the TMM update 2019;
  • 98% of those murdered globally were trans women or trans feminine people;
  • 62% of murdered trans people whose occupation is known were sex workers;
  • People of colour make up 79% of the 28 trans people murdered in the USA;
  • 11 trans people murdered in Europe; 50% were migrants;
  • 82% of all the murders registered happened in Central and South America; 43% in Brazil;
  • 38% of the murders took place on the street and 22% in their own residence;
  • The average age of those murdered is 31 years old; the youngest being 15 years old.
To be clear, every single murder is abhorrent. But I also don't think JKR having Gender Critical views is to blame for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Let me guess, the murderers wwre gender critical feminists! Must be, not like MEN would murder people...

• Heart
Reactions: 41
As per the Trans Murder Monitoring Project (https://transrespect.org/en/tmm-update-tdor-2020/), in 2020:

To be clear, every single murder is abhorrent. But I also don't think JKR having Gender Critical views is to blame for them.
And the sad part is that, rather than focusing on things such as having safe pathways out of prostitution and addiction, getting better education and housing opportunities (especially in South America), fighting to get rid of pimps and condemning male violence against trans women, your average UK TRA would rather just sit around all day tweeting at JK.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Just discovered that there is a real-life Professor Snape! Dr Matthew Snape is an Associate Professor in General Paediatrics and Vaccinology - and vaccinology is basically the Muggle version of potions, right? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Has any trans person actually been murdered in the street due to JK’s rhetoric?
Of course not. Trans people aren’t being murdered on the streets at all.

I wonder whether TRAs actually believe this lie, because it’s parroted so much? But equally, surely they must wonder why these murders never get reported in the media?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Every woman I know has been harassed, sexually abused or physically assaulted solely because they’re female.

Yet a TiM will spin them being called a male into a murder and violence issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

I wonder whether TRAs actually believe this lie, because it’s parroted so much? But equally, surely they must wonder why these murders never get reported in the media?
Whenever that is asked the person responds with 'because the media in the UK is so transphobic that a) they don't want to report the murders and b) if the people don't have a GRC then they wouldn't report them as trans

Reactions: 12

I think there may be too much credit given there. Some of these people actually believe they get periods after transing from “male to female”, as well as believing JKR hates trans people and wants them dead, as per what she apparently wrote…

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
It’s eye opening to read tweets on trans issues on Twitter. Even if there was an absence of anime profile pictures, you can just *tell* which ones will have their pronouns in their profile
The tendency towards anime profile pics is very telling, isn’t it? An unequivocal acknowledgement that the image of themselves they hold in their head bears no relation to reality.

It’s almost as if identifying as a coquettish, doe-eyed teen princess when you’re 6’, middle-aged, and have XY chromosomes is something that can only be conveyed via a cartoon caricature. 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.