J.K. Rowling #5 JK and the (Dis)order of the TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like a lot of people jump on the bandwagon because they’re afraid to state their opinion or being cancelled. Cancel culture is bloody awful and it just seems unless you follow the ideology of a small minority then you’re branded a vile human being. Now please don’t take this as me saying I don’t believe in trans rights because I do. But when it seems like women are being cancelled out for the sake of a minority it’s not ok. Changing terminology of pregnant woman to person who is with child, or person who lactates instead of breastfeeding woman. Women have children. And yes I understand that a trans man can have periods and babies, but that is because their sex is female, they have changed their gender but you cannot change your chromosomes. Please do not take this as me being anti trans. No doubt I’ll be cancelled anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don’t think anyone on this thread is anti trans, tbh. I don’t want old school transsexuals and dysphoric people to suffer. But it’s the “tucute” types who hurt genuine trans people and women. They even attack TS (transsexual) people for being the wrong kind of trans, especially if they have gender critical views.

For the unaware, tucutes refer to people who claim to be trans but don’t have dysphoria and don’t transition. They refer to actual trans people (who think you need to have dysphoria and transition on some level to be trans) as truscum or transmedicalists.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I'm not anti-trans at all. I love my trans friends, and want trans people to have the rights and services that they deserve. But this will not be accomplished by pretending that TWAW and TMAM. Accept trans people for what they are - trans. Treat dysphoric children and teens with psychological care, not medication.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I went to Waterstones the other day as I was in town. They had a Harry Potter book and merchandise section, and Cuckoo's Calling was on one of the 'featured crime books' tables. They also had one each of the other Strike books so I bought the ones I didn't already have. They also had a table just with her new book The Christmas Pig. So, in my local Waterstones at least, JKR is not cancelled. I did check the Strike books (including the Troubled Blood) for any grafitti but they were fine. I also wondered if the cashier would say anything but she didn't. 👍
I did forget to see if they also had Kathleen Stock and Helen Joyces' books though.

Reactions: 19
I've heard stories about certain bookshops refusing to stock either Joyce or Stock books. Given that bookshops are on their knees it seems incredibly foolish

Reactions: 9
I've heard stories about certain bookshops refusing to stock either Joyce or Stock books. Given that bookshops are on their knees it seems incredibly foolish
I was surprised they only had one copy of each on the shelf for the Strike ones but then again it was the same for all the authors apart from new releases. I was pleased to see JKR had her own table for the Christmas Pig. I wish I'd checked Stock or Joyce.

Reactions: 3
I don't think Jo is cancelled in the real world. The danger of twitter is that lots of journalists and politicians use it so noise on twitter is amplified by the influential, who use it as a lazy way to find out what people think. Only 20% of adults use twitter and about 20% of twitter users generate 80% of tweets. These users will be blue ticks or the people who have very strong views, so not at all representative. It's about time politicians and journalists realised this, but I think it's laziness at the end of the day, much easier to look at trending topics than actually talk to real people.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't think Jo is cancelled in the real world. The danger of twitter is that lots of journalists and politicians use it so noise on twitter is amplified by the influential, who use it as a lazy way to find out what people think. Only 20% of adults use twitter and about 20% of twitter users generate 80% of tweets. These users will be blue ticks or the people who have very strong views, so not at all representative. It's about time politicians and journalists realised this, but I think it's laziness at the end of the day, much easier to look at trending topics than actually talk to real people.
It won’t affect journalism, the opposite in fact, as even if they write things based on Twitter it will only result in more non-Twitter users commenting on the article with things like “FFS, this is ridiculous” and the more clicks and comments they generate, the more the site makes, so I don’t think they care either way, maybe even welcome the chance to write clickbait articles based on nonsense on Twitter, but more fool the politicians who think they’re popular based on it and get slapped down to reality on Election Day. Remember when Labour’s Dawn Butler posted this and got ratioed?

177AED0A-072C-4858-BB38-A59B76CDF97F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I went to Waterstones the other day as I was in town. They had a Harry Potter book and merchandise section, and Cuckoo's Calling was on one of the 'featured crime books' tables. They also had one each of the other Strike books so I bought the ones I didn't already have. They also had a table just with her new book The Christmas Pig. So, in my local Waterstones at least, JKR is not cancelled. I did check the Strike books (including the Troubled Blood) for any grafitti but they were fine. I also wondered if the cashier would say anything but she didn't. 👍
I did forget to see if they also had Kathleen Stock and Helen Joyces' books though.
I got Kathleens at Waterstones. If not in store many online bookshops will have it

Reactions: 4
Apparently JKR isn’t going to be part of the Harry Potter cast reunion. I imagine she remains totally unbothered and will be focusing on ‘The Christmas Pig’.

Unbothered, unlike some…

EE4CAD64-0279-4451-8365-093703185EBD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Reactions: 16
Apparently JKR isn’t going to be part of the Harry Potter cast reunion. I imagine she remains totally unbothered and will be focusing on ‘The Christmas Pig’.

Unbothered, unlike some…

View attachment 870440
Oh that Erin, he never shuts the duck up. When isn’t it “trans awareness” week? It’s all we ever hear about.

Anti trans organisations, lmao. I think he said the same tit word for word about the new Fantastic Beasts movie coming out.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Perhaps its her decision? She's probably pissed off with the way some if them have treated her. It's about the films so will be a bit of a luvvie fest.

If she's been purposely excluded, then yes I agree. Bloody bunch of tossers.
I don’t think there’s any way this reunion would be going ahead without her permission, she’s very hot on copyright. She is also loyal and kind to her fans and this is for them, so approved it even if she didn’t want to be involved. (Just my guess).

Reactions: 13
I don’t think there’s any way this reunion would be going ahead without her permission, she’s very hot on copyright. She is also loyal and kind to her fans and this is for them, so approved it even if she didn’t want to be involved. (Just my guess).
That’s my guess as well, tbh I can’t even imagine the level of awkwardness if they would put Radcliffe and Watson in one room with her…these two were the loudest against her and profited the most with putting her down

• Angry
Reactions: 11
What a gobshite. JK Rowling has been reasonable from the beginning, it's the TRAs who are incapable of civility

Reactions: 11
What a gobshite. JK Rowling has been reasonable from the beginning, it's the TRAs who are incapable of civility

Ah, those ‘outside observers’ (who are usually men)…

‘Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt’

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah you'd love to tell them that not every situation requires their hot take and that if you don't know enough about something best to keep your trap shut instead of barging in with their ignorance on full display

Reactions: 12

We are now living in a society where simply speaking up for WOMEN and GIRLS is considered hateful. Mental.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.