Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glortard

VIP Member
No ones rights are being taken away. No one is proposing to take womans rights away. It's just a strawman argument
Firstly you don't understand what a strawman is or you would not have used it in this case
Few points
I am a man
Transwoman are men just the same as myself

One of the most common arguments used by trans activists is that under the equality act what trans people are asking for is covered here. Stonewall has also used this argument and it has proven to be case where certain areas can be exempt.

Rape/refuge centres for woman are allowed to be exempt from the equalities act when it comes to hiring staff and who it allows in. The reason for this is to give woman an area where they can heal from trauma without the presence of any men. Numerous studies have shown that the presence of a male bodied person can retrigger trauma and/or stop healing. Sadly lots of these spaces are being opened up to anyone that identifies as a woman which is taking woman's rights away. Predators know these spaces contain vulnerable woman so will happily self ID to allow them access to new victims.

Prisons which house woman the majority of whom have either been subject to sexual abuse as a child or an adult by men. By allowing men to self identify as woman this takes woman's rights away and endangers them to rape. We already have the case of Karen White and the home office is subject to another civil case brought by a woman due to the sexual attack by a man pretending to be a woman. In this case the man has been allowed to keep his anonymity. The % of trans prisoners that are sex offenders are higher than the general population. This is because predators are using self ID as it allows them more access to carry out attacks as well as potentially get them a reduced sentence.

There really is so many areas where woman's rights and also there equality is being eroded

Woman's sports - where trans woman are competing and in some cases dominating the field. The usual argument will be used in that the use of drugs to reduce testosterone lessens what they could do as a man, That is complete and utter crap and furthermore the IOC has ruled that testosterone levels do not need to be lowered in future but the ultimate decision lies with each sport. Trans women have competed and either won or taken places away from woman in cycling, swimming, tennis, football, archery, weightlifting, track and field. MMA ( there are probably more sports). However what there is not is a single incidence of a trans men competing against men. Renee Richards who compteted as man in his 20's had male to female sex reassignment surgery and fought to compete in the woman's LTA when she was in her 40's. She got the same/better results than when she was a male and 20 years younger. They stated that had they had the surgery in their early 20's and went on to play in the woman's tour that they would have dominated the field.

You could go on and on where woman's rights are being eroded.....woman's health (which already drags behind mens).......dating where gay woman are being pressured into dating AGP men. As a man although I do not date I guarantee if I did no one would be forcing me or criticising me if I refused to date trans woman as a straight guy.

Trans people already have the same humans rights are everyone else and despite their lies are not being murdered in the street because of JKR or being murdered at all in the Uk ( none in the last 3 years and something like 12 in the last 14 years) whilst something like 148 woman have been murdered this year in the UK (apologies if I got that figure incorrect). They are not at risk of suicide more than other groups despite tying to continually use a discredited report where 7 trans people where questioned. Incidentally its guys like me in their 40s that are most likely to commit suicide.

We are at the absurd situation where Police in Scotland (as well as England) are allowing self ID of alleged rapists as woman, insisting that they are addressed by their preferred pronouns including by the accuser (potential victim) before being sent to a woman's prison if found guilty. JK Rowling states " the penised individual who raped who is a woman" and is then herself subject to a torrid of abuse including rape and death threats.

if you are the type of person who either attacks JKR or does not criticise it you are a sorry excuse for a human.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Every woman I know has been harassed, sexually abused or physically assaulted solely because they’re female.

Yet a TiM will spin them being called a male into a murder and violence issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
A lot of what we now call 'trans women' don't want a third space, they want access to the female space for their own validation. This is the problem with the trans umbrella being so broad, it includes cross dressers and fetishists and we're deemed bigots if we call that out because 'trans women are women!'

• Heart
Reactions: 48

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Why would you have an issue with a transwoman in a womans only space?
Your gender identity is female (I'm assuming your not a man!) so changing it from gender recognition to gender identity affects you how? How does it practically make anything different for you?
Gender is a social construct - a load of restrictive, stereotypical nonsense. A woman is not an “identity” - we are our sex and the experiences that come with living as female in this world. Changing rooms, toilets etc are divided on the basis of our biological sex. I expect to be able to go into a female changing room and to be only with other women. A transwoman is not a woman and should not be in female only spaces.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
I don't even really believe that you can raise a child free of gender stereotypes. Kids will gravitate to whatever they like regardless of what you try to push. So if they like dolls, let them whether they're a boy or girl, surely that's the whole point. I heard of someone buying a toy kitchen for her boys to try and be a bit gender neutral and they rejected it and played with their other toys instead. The key thing is to let kids play with what they want surely instead of telling them no you can't play with that because you're a boy. It has to be organic rather than forced
Trans activism is literally based on gender stereotypes. You can only be a gender stereotype because, newsflash, if you are not a particular sex, you don't know what it is like to be a particular sex, outside of gender stereotyped behaviour. You do not know what it feels like to start your periods or grow breasts or give birth or go through the menopause. I have no idea what it is like to have an erection. I still do not know this when I wear trousers.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
As per the Trans Murder Monitoring Project (https://transrespect.org/en/tmm-update-tdor-2020/), in 2020:

To be clear, every single murder is abhorrent. But I also don't think JKR having Gender Critical views is to blame for them.
And the sad part is that, rather than focusing on things such as having safe pathways out of prostitution and addiction, getting better education and housing opportunities (especially in South America), fighting to get rid of pimps and condemning male violence against trans women, your average UK TRA would rather just sit around all day tweeting at JK.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Cassandra333

VIP Member
I followed the 'saga' tangentially and moved on, but I overall disagree that trans can't be indentified as women and that gender is specified solely on sexual organs. Though trans and born biological women navigate the world differently. I think there's a gerational problem with her mindset but in some aspects understand where she is coming from, specially the worry of teenagers taking hormones. Honestly it's not my fight one way or another even though I think trans community also has their right to talk back against ignorance, but I think there was also a hate campaign against her, overblowing some statements
Are you female or a man masquerading as a woman? I ask because it does make a difference. At the moment there is a war on women and that affects every woman. Women being female that is.
Trans women are not women. They are men. They have no place in women's spaces. They have no right to demand places in women's spaces. They certainly have no right to expect the rest of us to go along with their delusion and belief system.
The medicalisation of 'trans' children is an atrocity. Every adult in this country should be up in arms over it.
As for it not being your fight. If you are female then you should be ashamed of this comment. Women's sex based rights are not yours to give away.
There are two sexes. Male and female. Gender is the equivalent of fashion and has no importance whatsoever. Sex is the important characteristic and laws need to reflect that.
As for JK Rowling, she's brilliant, brave, talented, funny and she is definitely female.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

rosemarina

VIP Member
You don’t get to say who is or isn’t really trans though.
It also doesn’t matter because it’s a made-up concept. There’s no such thing as “proof of trans”. It’s just nonsense in somebody’s head. Sex isn’t. Sex is real.

New Year’s Resolution for 2022. Let’s all stop saying “transwoman” and start saying trans-identifying male. They are not woman, not in any way. We need to take the language back. It’s our word, not theirs.

• Heart

Gamu

VIP Member
Why would you have an issue with a transwoman in a womans only space?
Your gender identity is female (I'm assuming your not a man!) so changing it from gender recognition to gender identity affects you how? How does it practically make anything different for you?
No one with a penis should be in a woman only space. Women, not people, give birth. Breast feeding is not chest feeding. A female who is a rape victim should not be counselled by a man claiming he is a woman at a rape crisis centre, nor should she be compelled to use female pronouns in court should her rapist decide to identify as a woman before his trial. A man identifying as a woman should not be able to smash records in women’s sport. A child who was indecently exposed to by a man in a female changing room at a spa was told it was rude to look at people’s genitals, women of all ages and beliefs should not not have to receive intimate care from a trans woman instead of a woman. And a pfile who raped a German Shepherd should not then say he is a woman and that crime be reported and recorded as being committed by a woman. All of these things and many, many similar and more are happening. Women are being pilloried for speaking up or objecting. Does that answer your question? I have one for you- do you support the above because I truly can not see how any one who is not perverted would.

I think this is the first thread I've read on Tattle that are praising the person instead of bashing them 🤣
Although I dislike JK Rowling for her shitty comments over the years so don't think this is the thread for me 🤣
So why come back.

• Heart

Annabanana40

Chatty Member
Let me guess, the murderers wwre gender critical feminists! Must be, not like MEN would murder people...

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Expelliarmus

The thing is, I’m pretty privileged, I could do a great line on virtue signalling on this. I could put my pronouns in email, stick a few rainbow stickers up, shame a few women for not being ‘kind’ and wrong think. I could cheer along the Richard Madeley’s who can act liberal while having zero skin in the game.

I’m at the age of invisibility to men, as long as I don’t ask for the manager within their earshot and remember to move out of their way on the pavement. My career already took the female hit so that’s a sunk cost. I could avoid public toilets. Just a few more common or (lady) garden sacrifices on top of the rest. But.. what about the women in prison though or being searched by the police? Or the female athletes, or the vulnerable woman in the hospital bed; what about the woman avoiding her smear test because it was hard enough when you knew who would be performing it? How about the child who might be autistic, or gay, or just feeling fucking awkward in their teenage body - and takes what seems like a solution before realising they’ve taken an irreversible path while the well meaning adults cheered them on. What about them? So no. I’m a woman, there was no identifying out of what came along with that, and I’ll stand for the other women and girls.

I’m also very sorry about your trauma but women need sex based spaces because of the trauma they may have experienced, and because of the trauma they may experience perpetrated by men in those very spaces. VAWG is overwhelmingly perpetrated by men. No matter what they wear or say or feel. I do not believe that women and girls need to manage their own trauma and triggers, related to men, in what should be a female space.

Perhaps the men that feel they’re entitled to access women’s spaces need to be the ones responsible for their own trauma. In their own sex based spaces.

Last edited:
  • Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
God I wish more people stuck up for her. She is really getting such a beating and I am so sick of people who haven’t even read her fucking essay screeching about transphobia. Dicks.
I imagine she’s aware outside of the echo chamber of twitter most people still think of her in very high regard. The Harry Potter books continue to be the most read books on Amazon week in week out through Amazon audible, Kindle unlimited and book sales. The Harry Potter franchise merchandise continues to sell insane amounts, and her newly published books are also selling very well and reaching book charts. If she dropped a new Harry Potter book this year people would be queuing at midnight all over again and there’s nothing people on Twitter can do about that.

Even this rhetoric circling about the goblins being symbols of anti-semitism just shows a lot of the Twitter hate mob to be the ones that have the problem. I saw one tweet claim all the characters of colour had stereotypical names, we’re now disregarding Dean Thomas, Lee Jordan, Angela Johnson, Kingsley Shacklebolt and many more to fit their hatred for her.

The reality is, for a school in the 1990s set in Scotland it was actually overly representative of the ethnic makeup of the UK at that point in time, Dumbledore would never have disclosed to a pupil his sexuality and the characters feature a plethora of fantasy folklore examples. No one had a problem with this for 20 years, she makes a few comments about gender and people start creating their own narrative of the series, it’s absolutely absurd.

• Heart

sheleg

VIP Member
When provision did become available, after many years of women’s organisations campaigning for it, some men were so incensed that they destroyed the toilet blocks by arson

I’m highlighting this again just to make sure it doesn’t get lost in the thread.

Think about this for a minute.

Some men hated and disregarded women so much that they didn’t want there to be public facilities for them to go to the toilet.

Let that sink in.

And then think about the men who physically stopped the woman running in the Boston marathon when it was still men only.

This is how much men hate women.

They now have a different disguise.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
I also hate the idea that just because somebody is working class (I don't know if this person even is) or because they're queer then that means they can do no wrong. There are scumbag working class people, scumbag middle class people, scumbag upper class people. There are scumbag straight people, scumbag bi people, scumbag gay people and scumbag 'queer' people.

Anyone can be a scumbag!

• Heart
Reactions: 39

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Because people are sheep and can't think for themselves. 'My non binary friend said JK Rowling is a shitty person', they repeat that fake news without being able to back up or defend why she's so awful. Because people are more concerned with appearing nice and 'progressive' than they are about women. Because people want to show how superior they are to everyone else 'I don't mind sharing a changing room with a trans woman because I'm not a TERF and trans women are women! I'm not like those other girls!' I could go on and on but that's why some people don't get it

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Sven

VIP Member
I cannot express enough how much I loathe the phrase ‘educate yourself’ or ‘to educate people’ - just fuck off you sanctimonious arseholes. I am educated and I still think you’re wrong!

• Heart
Reactions: 38