J.K. Rowling #5 JK and the (Dis)order of the TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hadn't realised there is a Rowling thread here! I hope you don't mind this little Rowling non-hater joining in.
I lost a friend last year when JK tweeted about women and wrote her essay because ex-friend said JK's book is problematic after her (then recent) "spewing" of hate on social media, and her views endanger the most vulnerable groups and so on. I questioned which recent comments - do you mean "people who menstruate are women"? and...we aren't friends anymore. Me and my big mouth standing up for freedom of speech 😂
Have I read through all the threads? Yes. I'm so glad I've found you!

I agree with comments about Radcliffe - I've yet to see him in something where I don't think "ah yes, and there is DanRad"

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I used to love the HP books and enjoyed the films when they came out (despite some reservations about casting and plot changes).

Now I don't want to watch the films ever again. They've been ruined by Daniel, Rupert and Emma (spits) all dissing JK and spouting nonsense.

NONE OF THEM NEEDED TO SAY ANYTHING IF THEY DIDN'T AGREE WITH JK.

None of them have spoken out about her getting death threats. Cowardly bastards. 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I used to love the HP books and enjoyed the films when they came out (despite some reservations about casting and plot changes).

Now I don't want to watch the films ever again. They've been ruined by Daniel, Rupert and Emma (spits) all dissing JK and spouting nonsense.

None of them have spoken out about her getting death threats. Cowardly bastards. 🤬
If it’s any comfort, JKR has cemented herself in history and her work will be spoken of in the same way Shakespeare’s is in many, many years to come. Meanwhile, Daniel, Rupert and Emma will probably disappear and then re-emerge on series 23 of Dancing on Ice or Celebrity Big Brother series 45 :) …oh, and I’ll have my phone votes ready;)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If it’s any comfort, JKR has cemented herself in history and her work will be spoken of in the same way Shakespeare’s is in many, many years to come. Meanwhile, Daniel, Rupert and Emma will probably disappear and then re-emerge on series 23 of Dancing on Ice or Celebrity Big Brother series 45 :) …oh, and I’ll have my phone votes ready;)
Considering how filthy rich they got because of the movies and because of JKR, they really have to duck up their life to end up there, but wouldn’t mind seeing them taken down a notch. Especially Emma who was basking off on how smart and what a role model she is and endorsed several feminist causes and then goes and badmouths JKR on this topic…I can’t even understand when Rowling does so much for these causes.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

They really did have to say something or they would have all been hounded and they all gave the only acceptable response. How they really feel is anyones guess and i'm pretty sure JK understands they had no real choice.

They really did have to say something or they would have all been hounded and they all gave the only acceptable response. How they really feel is anyones guess and i'm pretty sure JK understands they had no real choice.
Well, they chose the easy way out.

Reactions: 10
Thats utter bollocks, nobody has to make comments about what other people are doing or saying.

Reactions: 19
Of course they had a choice. No one pointed a gun at them and demanded they voice their opinion.

“No comment”/“Not something I wish to discuss”/“ … [silence] …”

Just a few very easy ways to avoid speaking about something you don’t want to speak about.

Reactions: 12
A couple of HP actors stood up for her - they are older, but the trio have more than enough money that they could have chosen not to slate her

Reactions: 25
A couple of HP actors stood up for her - they are older, but the trio have more than enough money that they could have chosen not to slate her

I was so glad to see them saying what they did. And I didn't notice much?/any? screaming at them? Two of my favourite parts of the films haha!
The younger ones could've just kept shtum. Grint was the last to say something, wasn't he? Maybe he felt pressure to speak out because the others had? Radcliffe, Watson, Wright, Leung, and Lynch I think preceded him? He doesn't seem to be as much in the public eye.
Emma was always going to deride JK given how woke she's decided to be. I keep living in hope that she'll be officially retired from public life sometime...

Reactions: 13
They could have said something like ‘I disagree wholeheartedly with what JK Rowling is saying. At the same time attacking her with death and rape threats is not the way to go about showing your unhappiness’ etc, showing their dislike of what she said whilst also saying that the threats directed at her are not ok at all.

Reactions: 16
I was so glad to see them saying what they did. And I didn't notice much?/any? screaming at them? Two of my favourite parts of the films haha!
The younger ones could've just kept shtum. Grint was the last to say something, wasn't he? Maybe he felt pressure to speak out because the others had? Radcliffe, Watson, Wright, Leung, and Lynch I think preceded him? He doesn't seem to be as much in the public eye.
Emma was always going to deride JK given how woke she's decided to be. I keep living in hope that she'll be officially retired from public life sometime...
I thought Emma had retired from acting, let's hope so anyway because I can't stand her.

Glad to see that Ralph and Robbie stuck up for JK. I think the Malfoys (Tom and Jason) also refused to slag her off.

Reactions: 16

How much do we want to bet that everyone who retweeted this loved her books before what she said about trans issues AND has never read any Pratchett books?

This feels so childish. Why does Rowling only get credited with '1 compelling story' when there were 7 books, each with their own arcs, and she's written other series while Pratchett gets every book in one long series credited to him?
Terry Pratchett is one of my favourite writers. He had written more books than Rowling to date. He’s also dead, we don’t know what he would think about this issue - his daughter doesn’t either.
He wrote a dwarf character who was shunned for declaring herself as female and she (because all dwarfs are traditionally he regardless of sex) but persisted. I don’t think that’s a pro-trans stance at all personally.

Reactions: 13
I thought Emma had retired from acting, let's hope so anyway because I can't stand her.

Glad to see that Ralph and Robbie stuck up for JK. I think the Malfoys (Tom and Jason) also refused to hag her off.
Unfortunately for everyone, Emma still ‘acts’.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Unfortunately for everyone, Emma still ‘acts’.
I wonder what inspirational codswallop will be her next part for us mere mortals to ponder if twas was written as insert-Emma-in-this-scene? 😂
Emma stepped back from social media, though, right? I seem to remember something about her instagram? Of course, came out of social media retirement to give two fingers up to the woman who gave her this life and money and fame she has...

What Scotch said about the Malfoys refusing to take part in Rowling bashing - bless the Slytherins!

Reactions: 7
It wasn't even that they spoke up, it was the way they did. "Trans people are who they say they are. Now please donate to Mermaids". JK never said they didn't exist. Stupid talentless little twats

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I wonder what inspirational codswallop will be her next part for us mere mortals to ponder if twas was written as insert-Emma-in-this-scene? 😂
Emma stepped back from social media, though, right? I seem to remember something about her instagram? Of course, came out of social media retirement to give two fingers up to the woman who gave her this life and money and fame she has...

What Scotch said about the Malfoys refusing to take part in Rowling bashing - bless the Slytherins!
She hasn’t posted since June 2020 and her last 10 or so posts were all about BLM. I actually would have thought she’d say something about the Israel vs Palestine war or what is happening in Afghanistan now. She seems very much a ‘pick me’ girl. I don’t believe her activism is sincere at all.

Reactions: 10
Coltraine and Fiennes comments did raise a stink but they are lucky enough to fall under the too old to know better umbrella. The principal cast won't get that kind of pass and if they want to work in high profile media they have to toe the political line.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
"Too old to know better?" Depressing

Again, it's not even so much that they spoke up, it's how they did it. They threw JK Rowling under a bus, Watson in particular

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.