J.K. Rowling #5 JK and the (Dis)order of the TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the people saying they'll get their HP tattoos removed does amuse me slightly - they act like nobody has ever had a tattoo of a band or some other 'fandom' that they regret later

Caldwell, who is a transgender man, got his very first tattoo at 18 — a Death Eater symbol on his forearm…"I’ll still watch the movies and get some enjoyment from that, but until she stops wagging her mouth and making money off of it, I can’t disassociate her from the creation that much," he said.”
That’s sounds all very sad and rather emotional for someone who has a Dark Mark etched onto their arm.
There is an entire subreddit dedicated to Harry Potter fanfiction who seem to hate the author who started it all?! They constantly say JKR wasn’t logical when creating the world and call for ‘death of the author’.
I’ve seen people say that Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson are actually the ones who wrote Harry Potter now 😂 It’s just straight up ridiculous but also nerving when you realise people are being 100% serious with this irrationality.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
That’s sounds all very sad and rather emotional for someone who has a Dark Mark etched onto their arm.

I’ve seen people say that Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson are actually the ones who wrote Harry Potter now 😂 It’s just straight up ridiculous but also nerving when you realise people are being 100% serious with this irrationality.
Yes let's go back 100 years and take the works of a brilliant woman and give the credit to a mediocre man. Well done TRA'S

• Sad
Reactions: 15
The Louise Pentland thread on here is currently hating on JKR 🙄
So many people willing to cut their nose off to spite their face. Harry Potter brings you great joy but you won’t have anything to do with it because of JKR? You’ll miss out on the Studio Tour because JK is a “transphobe”? She doesn’t get 1% of every studio tour ticket/book/Lego/film!

The HP films are dreadful, apart from the first 2
Blasphemy! Everyone knows the third film is the best! (As is the third book!)

Reactions: 15
So many people willing to cut their nose off to spite their face. Harry Potter brings you great joy but you won’t have anything to do with it because of JKR? You’ll miss out on the Studio Tour because JK is a “transphobe”? She doesn’t get 1% of every studio tour ticket/book/Lego/film!

Sorry no 3 is the best book but worst film. Weird 70s fashions. New set and supporting cast that aren’t as good as first 2. And I will NEVER forgive the terrible Sirius and Lupin casting. Neither were remotely fit enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Damn right! Pris of Az is one of my favourite films of all time. It’s just so brilliantly weird and fantastical. And the book is easily the best of the series too. The time travel plot is brilliant.

Reactions: 11
I can barely remember the films but Chamber of Secrets is my favourite HP book (followed very closely by PoA).

I don't understand why everyone hates CoS.

Reactions: 2
Never read the books, never watched a film! My admiration for her is due to her stance on woman’s rights.

Reactions: 20
Poor JK Rowling... I really feel for her. And to have people like Daniel Radcliffe who owes everything to her trash her publicly must be very painful and disappointing. I'm happy she is tough, stands her ground and doesn't engage in the ridiculous theater of apologizing.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I had put up a post defending her in that Louise Pentland thread after it was mentioned here. Someone just angry faced my post 🤣 Gobshite

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Poor JK Rowling... I really feel for her. And to have people like Daniel Radcliffe who owes everything to her trash her publicly must be very painful and disappointing. I'm happy she is tough, stands her ground and doesn't engage in the ridiculous theater of apologizing.
I can’t even express how much I hate this whole Daniel Radcliffe mania and everyone saying how talented he is…he has probably a good pr team and they play with how “quirky” and “weird” he is but it’s so stomach turning, he has the same facial expressions in everything he plays and most of the time I feel like he only gets this much attention because he trashed Rowling, so they can say how “brave” he is 🤢

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.