Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Restless Native

VIP Member
Did Richie say he was the one that gave it to his bf ? Confused me a wee bit that cos he noticed his back was covered in lesions after they had sex proper for the first time

Reactions: 4

Bexybest

Just love how people are still talking about it’s a sin, there’s been a lot of hiv/aid talk on the tv and they always say how it’s a sin has helped and educated and made more people aware.

Did anyone watch the new Freddie Mercury documentary on bbc the other week? Highly recoommend. It wasn’t just about Freddie but the whole 80/90s era of hiv/aids.

Part of me wants to re watch it’s a sin, but don’t think I’ve mentally prepared for it again!
I watched Freddie Mercery doc the other week - highly recommended!!

So today I've started watched Its a Sin again. The hospital scenes still haunt me but so important.

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I finished this about a week ago and still haven't stopped thinking about it.

Will definitely watch it again at some point.

One of the best TV shows I've ever seen
We watched it on 40d and there were Arnold Clark ads, I can't hear one of those now without feeling emotional 😆

• Haha

MrsLucas

VIP Member
That’s exactly how I felt 😢 wow it really got me. My oh got a bit tiery eyed at the last episode and he is real typical blokes bloke. I wish there could be more series of this to look forward to 😭.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Thank you for the Freddie Mercury documentary recommendation. It was fantastic! What a talented man, taken too soon!

• Heart

Imainlylurk

I had a third binge last night. I just can't get enough of this.

One lady I was confused about though, was the lady who got off the coach with a black guy. At first I thought she was Colin's Mum, but then she appeared in a wheelchair. This dark haired lady, she was somebody's Mother, but I couldn't work out whose?

I thought she was Jill's Mum as Jill did address her as "Mum" a couple of times.
I think the woman in the wheelchair was Colin's mum - didn't we see Colin helping her with walking once or twice - and the lady who got off the coach was Jill's mum, the black guy was her dad. The actresses do look a bit similar!

Hodgies

Chatty Member
The characters really do stay with you. I’d also recommend following The Aids Memorial on Instagram that posts every day photo(s) of people who died due to the virus with a caption written by someone who loved and misses them. It is so moving and tragic to realise just how many lives ended so early and painfully and the scale of the loss for their families and friends, especially stories where the person’s family denied how they died. It can get a bit heavy but I always stop to read them and look at the photos. If I’d been born 20 years earlier, it would have been my friends and my community.
I follow it too. It's brutal at times, just the sense of loss and the unfairness of it all but I feel it's important to read the stories and remember the life they lived.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
Ahhh I was just about to say that about Colin on radio 2 this afternoon, he was soooo cute! So polite and genuine, I was smiling listening 😂
Yes I was smiling too and felt so proud of him...didn’t know he was on till I saw his Instagram stories. He was so
Happy to be talking to vernon and jordon.
I found a audition video of Callum for a Gary Barlow show on YouTube

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I meant to watch one episode and binged the whole thing. It did not feel like 5 hours, it went in so quickly, just really gripping and compelling, I couldn't stop watching. So many brutal, gutwrenching moments, like the bonfire at the end of ep 2. Colin's entire fate. Just heartbreaking 😭

Reminded me of the sublime The Normal Heart and also And The Band Played On. The way it starts off with everyone hopeful and happy and you know some of these wonderful characters are doomed. It's stunning from a 2021 perspective how little Aids was reported on at first, the misinformation, the blame, the ignorance, the wall of silence (that doctor Jill saw! 🤬). So many more lives could have been saved.
Yes, it was incredibly addictive. I paced myself at one epidode per night but originally I was planning to watch it over the course of a couple of weeks. Could have easily watched it all in one go.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I’m watching bohemian rhapsody, and the part where Freddie is in the hospital got me, walking pass a young boy...never noticed it before (watched so many times) never put 2 n 2 together.

Callum who plays Collin was on radio 2 today and he sounds so lovely and is blown away by the love for Collin .

Last edited:

FrostyChops

VIP Member
I think it's supposed to be brutal, no? Because he wanted to show what it was really like to be young, gay and positive.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Part of me wants to re watch it’s a sin, but don’t think I’ve mentally prepared for it again!
This is where I am, I really want to watch it again but not sure I'm ready. Think I'm going to have a day over Christmas when I'm off work, watch back to back and fully immerse myself. I will need a few boxes of tissues

vikka

VIP Member
Some men I've mentioned it to seem to recoil a bit but would then happily watch a show about a serial killer. I find it really odd.
It's also odd how thrillers, horror stuff and violence and killings are seen as en vogue in media (books, film, TV), but "chick lit" and rom coms are ridiculed and dramas about uncomfortable topics are avoided like the plague, but hey let's watch the latest gore fest and don't be a baby about it :rolleyes: Oh and action films are mega cool anyway... 🤦‍♀️

JessTxxx

I’m nearly at the end of the last episode and omg. I knew it was bad but I feel so sorry for all of them. Colins mum was a sweet heart, but Ritchie’s mum no, awful. It’s mad how quickly the medical advances happened though the early part of the series the hospitals and everything looked like they were stuck in the 50s even the treatments methods. Neil Patrick Harris was amazing as ever. Wanted to shake them all in the first couple of episodes before Colin went and tell them to listen to Jill. Also Donald definitely knew... just saying

I’m nearly at the end of the last episode and omg. I knew it was bad but didn’t realise how bad, I feel so sorry for all of them and that it actually was probably worse I feel so sorry for all people that had to cope with this at the time. Colins mum was a sweet heart, but Ritchie’s mum no, awful. It’s mad how quickly the medical advances happened though the early part of the series the hospitals and everything looked like they were stuck in the 50s even the treatments methods. Neil Patrick Harris was amazing as ever. Wanted to shake them all in the first couple of episodes before Colin went and tell them to listen to Jill. Also Donald definitely knew... just saying

edit for clarification

LittleMy

VIP Member
I didn't notice so can't say either way but the actor who plays Marcus, Richard Cant, is listed on IMDB as appearing in just episode 5. (Don't know how accurate IMDB is, though).
It probably wasn’t him, it was a very fleeting scene. I’m rewatching again and just finished episode 3. Will never get over what happened to poor. Colin. 💔