Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lol57

Oh god Violet Moon. Brace yourself with Cucumber. One of the episodes is HARROWING. I was shaken for days.

Years & Years is also fantastic by RTD.

Reactions: 5

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I am going to see Cabaret in London with Eddie Redmayne and Jessie Buckley in Jan, I’ve just seen that Omari ( Roscoe) is in it too.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
It’s winning awards! I follow the pink palace on Instagram, Callum and olly n they share win they win.

• Heart

Tiredbones

I had a third binge last night. I just can't get enough of this.

One lady I was confused about though, was the lady who got off the coach with a black guy. At first I thought she was Colin's Mum, but then she appeared in a wheelchair. This dark haired lady, she was somebody's Mother, but I couldn't work out whose?

I thought she was Jill's Mum as Jill did address her as "Mum" a couple of times.
Yes it was Jill's mum, the actress is the real life Jill

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
I find it so sad that Colin was the one who could have been more open, his mum didn’t care if he was gay or not. She was just so happy he had a nice group of friends.
It’s just the sad reality a lot of people go through, living with Shame.
It’s terrible and sad that people have to live in secrecy 😞

petitspois

VIP Member
Russell T Davies has been going over all the things he’s written for TV since he started over in Instagram. It’s interesting. It’s a Sin is definitely the work of a great writer.

Fighting with zinc” is that what he said ?
at that point they had no idea and when he was in the stock room with Collin talking about his partner n talking about parrrot flu ( can’t remember the correct term )
Oh yes, I remember now you said about the parrot too. So sad that that they didn’t have a clue of the real cause, but still searching for reasons to blame themselves. It’s a very real and cruel part of processing illness for many people, ‘what did I do wrong to deserve this?’ Awfully sad x

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Just popping back on this thread to say this program has really stayed with me since watching it. I watched it when it was first aired and ever since iv had even more respect for those touched by this awful disease, and even more horror at how society treated them if it wasn't for Its a Sin, il be honest, I don't think I would have thought about this as much.Just because its not really that openly talked about, even now. It's a Sin changed all that-If that's not powerful stuff then i don't know what is. It deserves every award going.
It really does. I remember watching it 3 times within a the course of a few weeks and was stunned by it - and then went down a rabbit hole of articles and information. Another very good film I watched recently was The Normal Heart with Mark Ruffalo, Julia Roberts

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I think the woman in the wheelchair was Colin's mum - didn't we see Colin helping her with walking once or twice - and the lady who got off the coach was Jill's mum, the black guy was her dad. The actresses do look a bit similar!
You're right, it was Colin's mum. Apparently the actress is a wheelchair user in real life. Plus, her Welsh accent.

Prince fan 1999

VIP Member
Definitely watch Cucumber. One of the most shocking and vile episodes ever in that - also a crossover with Vince's mum from QAF..
I've heard about cucumber but daren't ask what the vile scene is 😂

Yes me too! He was my fave so innocent. It was such a shame.
Ollie Alexander said the actor had only just left school and this was his first acting job. Loved his character and was based on RTD's real life friends 😢

*Colin was based on one of his RL friends.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
The scene when Jill was getting her contraceptive pill from the GP and she asked him for info on AIDS and he was sooooo dismissive and "It doesn't affect YOU" ugh.
And so agressive that she'd suggest he'd know anything about it

Imainlylurk

Finished it tonight. It's so powerful, about shame, and how Ritchie wanted to resist that in death.

Had a naive hope that Ritchie would be one of those lucky ones who got the virus but stayed free of Aids, or who got the right treatment just in time. Gutted by the ending. What a charming, complex character played beautifully by Olly Alexander. That scene in the car with his mate made me really uncomfortable but he played it just right!

If anyone's seen Pride- there are some interesting parallels. Dominic West's character in Pride is based on Jonathan Blake, a man who was diagnosed with HIV very early on and is still alive and healthy today. Mark Ashton, the main character of the film, was an incredible activist lost far too soon to Aids.

queenamber

VIP Member
So happy there's a thread for this show! One of the best TV shows I've watched (would also recommend Pose which is similar from an American perspective). I really sobbed at the end. Actually felt cathartic after the shit 12 months we've all had although it pales in comparison to what those wonderful men went through.

Reactions: 4

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Currently trying to watch its a sin after party, and the host is......extreamly rather annoying. Such a shame as i find it so distracting, can't watch any more of it. :(
Yes 100% I couldn’t watch either and I was looking forward after loving the show so much.

Imainlylurk

Have to say - I'm irish and thought his accent to be quite good.

I've been known to complain about actors Irish accents though - and a small part of me thinks that these people (gerard butler in PS I Love You for example) are saying what they hear - and we just hear it differently😭 pretty appalled that thats what they hear!!
I had to double check this (looked up his character's wikipedia page) but he wasn't supposed to be Irish in the film 😂😂

• Haha