It Galz #7 Lindsay spills the tea, is Jenny a rat? Two girls in a spat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was gonna say the opposite 😂so I guess she will find her audience, so fair play 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 19
She definitely does have a way with words and a natural feel for language. She’d be a pretty good writer if she learnt how to use grammar properly and if she stopped using words she doesn’t know the meaning of/making up words (“profitising” par example). I’m not being sarcastic btw genuinely think there’s some talent there but she needs to work on the basics, it’s not at “pay per view” level tbh. Even if she had a professional proof read it and fix her grammar and structure, it would be pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I heard her little snippet from the podcast on her instastory and was very surprised by the amount of swearing in the tiny clip she posted. I’m not adverse to swearing but it was excessive and in contrast to her lovely writing style.

Reactions: 2
She definitely does have a way with words and a natural feel for language. She’d be a pretty good writer if she learnt how to use grammar properly and if she stopped using words she doesn’t know the meaning of/making up words (“profitising” par example). I’m not being sarcastic btw genuinely think there’s some talent there but she needs to work on the basics, it’s not at “pay per view” level tbh. Even if she had a professional proof read it and fix her grammar and structure, it would be pretty good.
I agree, I think she can write. Everyone needs to start somewhere. She has a kind of chick lit writing style. Lots of money to be made in that genre.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I see what you guys mean. She could probably write a book with a bit of help for the structure etc.

I'd say she'd be a better writer than most of the influencers who release books.

Reactions: 2
I was gonna say the opposite 😂so I guess she will find her audience, so fair play 🤷‍♀️
I’m with you. Her writing reminds me of when I was 16 writing in my diary (which isn’t a good thing lol). No hate though, I’m no poet myself. I think it’s good she’s being open about the fact that she used to drink every night. I know the label ‘alcoholic’ scares her but as a fellow recovering alcoholic, admitting you have a problem is a huge step. Whether you want the label or not doesn’t really matter as long as you aren’t downplaying the problem.

Reactions: 24
I'm here for the open discussion and god knows I've been hella critical of Lindsay but I think sharing someone's work, that's behind a paywall, is really tit.
A snippet from the pod, a look at comments- grand, but sharing a whole piece that she wrote just feels wrong.
There'd be murder if it was Rosemary McCabes essays/articles or someone else deemed to be more worthy.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Sorry for the absolute beginner level question! I've heard so much about this spat but never actually listened to the pod! Going to check it out - should I start from the beginning or is it better to jump in at later episodes?!

I'm here for the open discussion and god knows I've been hella critical of Lindsay but I think sharing someone's work, that's behind a paywall, is really tit.
A snippet from the pod, a look at comments- grand, but sharing a whole piece that she wrote just feels wrong.
There'd be murder if it was Rosemary McCabes essays/articles or someone else deemed to be more worthy.
Was her work not already posted before? & in her last post about eye brows did she not completely plagiarise another persons blog by literally copying and pasting the entire first half ?

I do think think most of this blog post was written well, her honestly is refreshing for a change rather than coming across as braggadocios & glamorising her duck ups but it still screams “I’ve just finished SATC & I’m the modern day Carrie Bradshaw”

Reactions: 7
Agree! Especially since its a diary entry regarding sobriety like wtf?

Reactions: 8
Not disagreeing on the first part re sharing but there wouldn’t be murder if it was someone else, are you forgetting we’re on a site primarily made to gossip/witch about people 😆 there are people who don’t like every single influencer here, including Rosemary, if it was on a thread about her that was in any way critical you’d have most people fine with it and maybe one person saying they think it’s wrong - like you’re doing now

Reactions: 14
Not disagreeing on the first part re sharing but there wouldn’t be murder if it was someone else, are you forgetting we’re on a site primarily made to gossip/witch about people 😆 there are people who don’t like every single influencer here, including Rosemary, if it was on a thread about her that was in any way critical you’d have most people fine with it and maybe one person saying they think it’s wrong - like you’re doing now
It's not about being critical, it's about sharing work that's behind a paywall. If it was Only Fans it would be grim and to me this is no less grim.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, totally different to the

It's not about being critical, it's about sharing work that's behind a paywall. If it was Only Fans it would be grim and to me this is no less grim.
Yeah it is about being critical - a thread critical of whatever influencer - because my point is if this was a thread where people criticised Rosemary there would not be ‘murder’ if someone shared her work. It’s not one rule for Lindsay another for everyone else.

And sorry, no, that’s ridiculous. When it comes to OF stuff being leaked, no one, bar maybe the likes of Kneevo because she puts her stuff up for free everywhere, cares about it on the principle of ‘your work being shared that you have behind a paywall’. People who don’t want their stuff leaked don’t want their bleedin tits or arse on a public forum viewed by hundreds and being seen by the wrong person and sent maliciously. A nude photo (regardless of how explicit it is or if the face is in etc) is in no way to comparable to a piece of writing. Be hard pressed to find anyone who would be equally upset about either

Edited cos typos and cos my own experience has nothing to do with the severity of your nudes going on a public forum vs a piece of writing 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Her piece is honest which is great, but as someone who has read her recent book club recommendation (How To Murder Your Life, by Cat Marnell - recommended by Jenny ironically!) the style is clearly heavily influenced by her. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's interesting when you look at Lindsay's always changing accent/opinions etc

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.