It Galz #7 Lindsay spills the tea, is Jenny a rat? Two girls in a spat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her piece is honest which is great, but as someone who has read her recent book club recommendation (How To Murder Your Life, by Cat Marnell - recommended by Jenny ironically!) the style is clearly heavily influenced by her. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's interesting when you look at Lindsay's always changing accent/opinions etc
yea funny how they previously said they didn’t really listen to similar podcasts to theirs because they wanted to avoid subconsciously copying but seems like L has forgotten

Reactions: 4
Is the lack of a bloggers unveiled or drama YouTube channel the reason for L getting away with this.

Why would Jenny stonewall someone who kicked her off the podcast? Even if it emerged that Jenny wanted to leave, why would Jenny ignore someone who was going to pay her money???

Lindsays literally getting away with being so shady. She made up a huge lie and everyday it annoys me.

Reactions: 14
Is the lack of a bloggers unveiled or drama YouTube channel the reason for L getting away with this.

Why would Jenny stonewall someone who kicked her off the podcast? Even if it emerged that Jenny wanted to leave, why would Jenny ignore someone who was going to pay her money???

Lindsays literally getting away with being so shady. She made up a huge lie and everyday it annoys me.
Maybe, but idk if a bloggers unveiled type thing would make waves now. Plenty of people decided to keep supporting those exposed after that and I don’t think anyone, bar maybe younger people who weren’t on insta at the time.
Plus anyone who cares about It Galz/Lindsay has seen Lindsay’s statement and Jenny’s statement like what else could be exposed?!

Maybe, but idk if a bloggers unveiled type thing would make waves now. Plenty of people decided to keep supporting those exposed after that and I don’t think anyone, bar maybe younger people who weren’t on insta at the time.
Plus anyone who cares about It Galz/Lindsay has seen Lindsay’s statement and Jenny’s statement like what else could be exposed?!
I need to stop writing half sentences and then getting distracted - meant to say I don’t think anyone is unaware influencers are shady!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yeah I dont think her sobriety diaries should be dissected on here. Whatever about an XGal coming on to give her own opinion on them… but screenshots are a bit gross.

Reactions: 14
Yeah I dont think her sobriety diaries should be dissected on here. Whatever about an XGal coming on to give her own opinion on them… but screenshots are a bit gross.
I think it’s kinda gross that L has people stuck in an annual subscription despite the platform no longer being what they signed up for.

Reactions: 36
You know what, I think it is good that it has been publicly shared. There are plenty of people drinking daily and drinking a lot as a result of lockdown. And it will have a knock on effect on their health(and is probably already affecting their health), and on our health service down the line. And our health service can’t cope with these people, it doesn’t have the resources to give. And the liver units that deal with alcoholic liver damage are chronically underfunded; it’s just not a priority disease state for the HSE.

Many of these people are struggling to stop drinking. But they are finding it so hard, because it is actually an addiction, and a very hard one to break. That might sound very dramatic, but honestly, if people read her sobriety piece, and it inspires any amount of them to get sober, then I think that’s brilliant. And I’m not some evangelical anti alcohol type, but I drank heavily in the past, and I recognise the problem it is becoming for some of my friends these days, and how hard it is to pull yourself back from that. So I am glad that she has written about it, and I am glad that it has become more public. I really hope that it helps some people🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I need to stop writing half sentences and then getting distracted - meant to say I don’t think anyone is unaware influencers are shady!
I think there is more that could be exposed. The actual bitching. L said that J was slanderous (to her sisters???) and a toxic abuser. I think people someone with a platform who is so loose with their accusations needs to be called out.

I think there is more that could be exposed. The actual bitching. L said that J was slanderous (to her sisters???) and a toxic abuser. I think people someone with a platform who is so loose with their accusations needs to be called out.
Well yeah the bitching could be revealed (and the gossip in me hopes it is) but I’m saying what is there that we all know that Bloggers Unveiled could post so a wider audience sees - I can’t think of anything? We don’t know what the bitching was ourselves. And I just don’t think Lindsay can be ~cancelled again cos the fans she has now have been there through all the whoopsies and clearly don’t care

New here 👋 great reading gals. Was a long term xxxgal up til last week and pretty sad about it. As much as the podcast has been tainted by the tit show, it still meant a lot to me.

On the whole Lindsey's "sobriety" note, I don't think J would have a problem with it. If I remember correctly J encouraged L to try dry January last year. They did a pod about it and J seemed nothing but encouraging to L. Over the years L was the one who had WAY more judgement around people stopping drinking. I'm thinking the new fella must be tee-total or something cause all of a sudden she's gone from "sober people are boring" to a self appointed voice of sobriety?

Touchy subject for me because I have a history of alcohol abuse in my family and someone who has been off booze for 2 months should not be preaching about something as serious as sobriety. I get it that someone can change and I do think L seemed to have a bit of a drinking problem (she admitted to drinking every night, often alone) so quitting was defo the right choice for her but if it's all for this fella then it's not really for the right reasons imo

I dont think thats fair to say "someone who has been off booze for 2 months should not be preaching about something as serious as sobriety" its not a competition of length of sobriety. I know recovering alcoholics who have been sober 20 years but dont put themselves in alcohol filled situations. L is going out and staying sober around alcohol which is alot harder to do in my opinion. if your going to be sober, everyone has to start somewhere we cant just jump to 1year sober. not a pop at the poster personally. just dont pi*s on someones parade when they are trying to better themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You’d have to wonder what’s happening with Jenny. It’s over 2 weeks since she posted that photo of her recording the podcast with her friend. That content would nearly be stale at this stage. Would have to wonder was it a stunt..

Reactions: 6
You’d have to wonder what’s happening with Jenny. It’s over 2 weeks since she posted that photo of her recording the podcast with her friend. That content would nearly be stale at this stage. Would have to wonder was it a stunt..
Was just thinking the same thing

It could only be stale if it’s supposed to be about weekly celeb gossip or something - which I hope it isn’t cos I find Jenny far more interesting when talking about conspiracies, concepts rather than ‘what Kim K did last week’ etc

Reactions: 10
Presumably she's gearing to launch her new pod? Doubt she'd take recording equipment to Ibiza for a publicity stunt if she had nothing to gain from said publicity 🤣

Honestly at this point I hope they just both move on. Even knowing there was a fallout is why I'm not longer on Patreon, it broke the fourth wall so to speak. Posting private messages anywhere wouldn't reflect well on either of them at this point, childish for two 30 something year olds.

Reactions: 7
Presumably she's gearing to launch her new pod? Doubt she'd take recording equipment to Ibiza for a publicity stunt if she had nothing to gain from said publicity 🤣

Honestly at this point I hope they just both move on. Even knowing there was a fallout is why I'm not longer on Patreon, it broke the fourth wall so to speak. Posting private messages anywhere wouldn't reflect well on either of them at this point, childish for two 30 something year olds.
It wasn’t so much equipment as just a microphone plugged into a phone- would have been easy to throw that in the bag on the way to Ibiza in case she needed to release a quick recording if L said anything about her etc. Generally podcast episodes are released quite quickly after recording as they can become stale quickly (even if you aren’t specifically referring to current affairs, references and remarks can quickly go out of date). Could be wrong..

Reactions: 2
It wasn’t so much equipment as just a microphone plugged into a phone- would have been easy to throw that in the bag on the way to Ibiza in case she needed to release a quick recording if L said anything about her etc. Generally podcast episodes are released quite quickly after recording as they can become stale quickly (even if you aren’t specifically referring to current affairs, references and remarks can quickly go out of date). Could be wrong..
Her friend and her seemed to be in Ibiza at the same time so I presumed she just took advantage of that to record something? Either way I'm looking forward to seeing what angle she'll take. Do we think it will be a rival podcast or something very different?

[Q
I think she said in her statement that she's looking forward to releasing her own pod?

Reactions: 2

I think they are moving on. Its me who can't. I think L will do something controversial herself and will be her own undoing in the end. Another Echo Boy

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Jenny just promoted Adams patreon, im very happy to be supporting a small creator and somebody who deserves it instead of the xgal patreon 👏🏻

Reactions: 10
Perhaps she’s working on some kind of podcast series.. you’re right, it would be odd to release the Ibiza ep weeks after recording - so maybe she’s planning to release a few episodes together as that would work well. I have no doubt that whatever she does she has it planned out and won’t just randomly release episodes. If we have learnt anything from the split it’s that J planned every aspect of itgalz / xgalz episodes.

Reactions: 5
I dont think thats fair to say "someone who has been off booze for 2 months should not be preaching about something as serious as sobriety" its not a competition of length of sobriety. I know recovering alcoholics who have been sober 20 years but dont put themselves in alcohol filled situations. L is going out and staying sober around alcohol which is alot harder to do in my opinion. if your going to be sober, everyone has to start somewhere we cant just jump to 1year sober. not a pop at the poster personally. just dont pi*s on someones parade when they are trying to better themselves.
Ok but it’s also not fair to say that going out and staying sober is ‘a lot harder’ than being sober for 20 years and not putting themselves in ‘alcohol filled situations’. You’re just doing what you’re criticising.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.