It Galz #5 It Galz, we the Split Galz, no Jenny and Lindsay gone to Tommy tit galz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is Courtney? Seen a few times in the thread and mention on podcast but I’ve definitely missed something here 🤔
Courtney Smith. She's a fashion stylist. Childhood friend of Lindsay and lives next door to her now. She also works with Evan a lot and is friendly with Jenny.

Does anyone know why Jenny and Lindsay fell out before?
I’m pretty sure it was all centred around Lindsay and Jimmy’s relationship. There’s an episode about it, from what I remember basically Lindsay brought him everywhere and her and Jenny never got alone/friendship time, he didn’t really like Jenny and it all escalated.

Reactions: 7
Do we think there will be an update today or will they be coincidently able to speak about it tomorrow (the 1st) 😅

A lot of subs giving goodbye messages, wonder if they’ll be baited back into the drama and sub for July as there is crickets on the regular ItGalz platforms...
I know J said it’s not “YouTube tea” but it really reminds me of Youtubers like Trisha Paytas who go through waves of losing lots of subscribers with drama and then bait them all back again in the end lol

Reactions: 4
I’m pretty sure it was all centred around Lindsay and Jimmy’s relationship. There’s an episode about it, from what I remember basically Lindsay brought him everywhere and her and Jenny never got alone/friendship time, he didn’t really like Jenny and it all escalated.
yeah, that’s it from what I remember for the pod. Jimmy was a big catalyst for the fallout and then Jenny moved to New York so they weren’t physically seeing each other either/in the same friend group so they stopped talking

Reactions: 3
I’d like to think the galz could make up but this is just so messy. It would take serious work to get their friendship back on course never mind the business. Even if they came back & owned their whole “chaotic queens” buzz like Trisha … it just wouldn’t be the same.
I think a lot of their appeal was their loyalty & ride or die type friendship that even in all the chaos was a rock solid thing… I agree RE Jenny not sharing as much but honestly she prob shared everything she could. Not everyone has that level of drama or past trauma in their lives.
also im a bit suss that the tattler above is Sarah or someone… v well written lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I’d like to think the galz could make up but this is just so messy. It would take serious work to get their friendship back on course never mind the business. Even if they came back & owned their whole “chaotic queens” buzz like Trisha … it just wouldn’t be the same.
I think a lot of their appeal was their loyalty & ride or die type friendship that even in all the chaos was a rock solid thing… I agree RE Jenny not sharing as much but honestly she prob shared everything she could. Not everyone has that level of drama or past trauma in their lives.
also im a bit suss that the tattler above is Sarah or someone… v well written lol 😂
Literally haha, was clearly a very well thought out post too 🕵️‍♀️

Do we think there will be an update today or will they be coincidently able to speak about it tomorrow (the 1st) 😅

A lot of subs giving goodbye messages, wonder if they’ll be baited back into the drama and sub for July as there is crickets on the regular ItGalz platforms...
I know J said it’s not “YouTube tea” but it really reminds me of Youtubers like Trisha Paytas who go through waves of losing lots of subscribers with drama and then bait them all back again in the end lol
I mean Jenny always goes on about Trisha Paytas being really smart in that she always knows what she’s doing whether it’s being controversial, manufacturing drama, playing the victim or playing dumb. I can’t help but wonder if this whole falling out wasn’t a marketing strategy but now that it has happened she’s going to use it by holding out on info until a certain date just to take advantage of the situation and make more money. Can’t say I’d blame her for doing that although I do think it’s a bit morally questionable.

Literally haha, was clearly a very well thought out post too 🕵️‍♀️
Which post?

Ya it was really immature of L. I mean both of them build the podcast from scratch and L put it upon herself to think she had the right to do that 🙄 Jenny def player this brilliant so far. I still cannot believe they had this huge fight. I really thought they’d be friends forever
She shouldn’t have done that at all but tbf I think it was wrong to have a patreon that said it was the 2 of them when really it was only Lindsay. So I also would’ve been critical if she didn’t change it and people were subscribing thinking they would get new content from the both of them.

Lindsay locked Jenny out of the Patreon account then made enough changes that Patreon flagged the account as under attack and Jenny had the ability to change the password back and regain access again. That's an example of an action Lindsay took as an adult, that had a consequence (a pretty hilarious turn of events to be fair and likely karma in action), but you'd hope from that consequence she at least now understands impulsivity is not the answer here and takes the time to work things out with her (sadly) ex-bestie but current business partner Jenny so they can both move forward with their lives.
It’s so funny that Lindsay ended up biting herself in the ass lol.

I’m curious though- do people think it’s fair that Jenny has now locked Lindsay out of everything

Last edited:
Just to be clear, J wasn't lead down a stray path, she's an extremely astute business person and was mates with L prior to the pod. Prior to starting the pod they'd fallen out and didn't speak for a number of years. J knew that L being explosive is entertaining and was happy to build a career around packaging that for the consumption of others. Everyone gives J a considerable amount of sympathy here for professionally handling the situation, but consider that the product they were selling was L's life and what that means.

L's clearly a vulnerable person with a massive audience. Her life and all its ups and downs are broadcast in a very public way while J's are not. J could quietly disappear and take up another career, L's career is sharing her entire life online. She is fully locked in to doing this and will never have a normal job, even if she wanted to. Sure she didn't have the same financial difficulties other single mothers have, but she's had an extremely emotionally difficult life. She's grown up in a super strict born again cult. She was basically forced into an arranged marriage at 19 to a shithead who didn't want anything to do with his son. She was robbed of a normal adolescence and adulthood, and her own agency. Despite it all she's come out being able to make light of this and tell her story in a funny and compelling way. Sure J handled all the mechanics of running the podcast, but Itgalz is intrinsically about L's life. It's her ups and downs that's the heart of the show. So it makes sense for L to buy J out and continue it on.
This is defo Sarah...way too verbose to be Lindsay herself

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Well i suppose J said she has no problem posting the pod L recorded on patreon which seems pretty reasonable, but i think J is too afraid to share the log in with L now after what happened. L What a mess 😂😂

Reactions: 6
Boss girl can’t be her own boss girl just by removing the business partners name off a website. 😂
History always repeats and has happened again and again through the years;
Dassler Brothers Shoe Factory founded by Adolf and Rudolf Dassler. They had a huge fall out but Rudolf didn’t decide just to ignore his brother and keep the company. They had to split and start again. Adolf founded Adidas, Rudolf founded Puma.

It Galz is dead as a brand. They need to go their separate ways and start with new ventures.

Reactions: 17
History could be repeating itself with this Dave fella 🤔

Reactions: 20
This is defo Sarah...way too verbose to be Lindsay herself
Lol Tattlers are always so sus of people who don't want to blindly join in public crucifixion sessions or spend more than 30 seconds considering a more nuanced view of a situation. Lmao I somehow don't think Lindsay's sisters would be describing their family as a cult :ROFLMAO: While my above comment was sympathetic to L, I'm not unsympathetic to J - I just think she's more options available to her. No one deserves trial by tattle.life. People saying J to give L "more rope"... wow. You should take a long hard look in the mirror if you're saying this about people on the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Lol Tattlers are always so sus of people who don't want to blindly join in public crucifixion sessions or spend more than 30 seconds considering a more nuanced view of a situation. Lmao I somehow don't think Lindsay's sisters would be describing their family as a cult :ROFLMAO: While my above comment was sympathetic to L, I'm not unsympathetic to J - I just think she's more options available to her. No one deserves trial by tattle.life. People saying J to give L "more rope"... wow. You should take a long hard look in the mirror if you're saying this about people on the internet.
Hahah i know yeah, but still hilarious and entertaining to speculate

Reactions: 2
Just to be clear, J wasn't lead down a stray path, she's an extremely astute business person and was mates with L prior to the pod. Prior to starting the pod they'd fallen out and didn't speak for a number of years. J knew that L being explosive is entertaining and was happy to build a career around packaging that for the consumption of others. Everyone gives J a considerable amount of sympathy here for professionally handling the situation, but consider that the product they were selling was L's life and what that means.

L's clearly a vulnerable person with a massive audience. Her life and all its ups and downs are broadcast in a very public way while J's are not. J could quietly disappear and take up another career, L's career is sharing her entire life online. She is fully locked in to doing this and will never have a normal job, even if she wanted to. Sure she didn't have the same financial difficulties other single mothers have, but she's had an extremely emotionally difficult life. She's grown up in a super strict born again cult. She was basically forced into an arranged marriage at 19 to a shithead who didn't want anything to do with his son. She was robbed of a normal adolescence and adulthood, and her own agency. Despite it all she's come out being able to make light of this and tell her story in a funny and compelling way. Sure J handled all the mechanics of running the podcast, but Itgalz is intrinsically about L's life. It's her ups and downs that's the heart of the show. So it makes sense for L to buy J out and continue it on.
I don't disagree with any of this. I would say that Lindsay has never 'come out' of her trauma - she's just masked it with humour and to a degree used it for content/money. I remember messaging her once saying about how much therapy had helped me with my own emotionally difficult and religious childhood/parents and she was polite in her response but said it wasn't for her. Lindsay frustrates me and I go through cycles of liking her, being appalled by her, feeling bad for her, admiring her, thinking she's a knob etc etc. But I do have this underlying worry about her that she really needs to get professional help making sense of the tit she's been through for her sake but especially the sake of her kids. It is manifesting itself in bizarrely conservative and misogynistic views and crappy unstable relationships, none of which are going to be good for her kids. Facing it is hard, but would be the best thing she could do IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.